Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Steve Novak clowns Nate Robinson

Novak just earned some points in my book. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dajadeed
    umm, who the hell does Novak think he is?

lmao @ talking crap about a player on the team that has blown you out twice on your home court. Two straight games where they led you from start to finish, and he's talking shit?

I know NYC fans like the "swag" and all that crap, but sometimes you have to know when to just STFU.
    You need to stfu and take a joke. He wasn't talking about the Bulls, wasn't talking about the game, he was talking about Nate jacking his signature move and did it in hilarious fashion. If you can't appreciate the comedy in that, then you should re-evaluate your sense of humor.

Dunking on everybody in the park Suckafree's Avatar

Im a Bulls fan........ And that is some funny shit

Novak just jumped a few places in my favourite players list. Great respobse

Ehhh....it was cool but not as funny as yall make it out to be.

I like the belt gesture though.

Funny thing is while Novak is talking down on little "Nathan" dude is a beast and I don't know if Novak wants to see him in a dark alley. Now that would be a funny fight.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by TMT

You need to stfu and take a joke. He wasn't talking about the Bulls, wasn't talking about the game, he was talking about Nate jacking his signature move and did it in hilarious fashion. If you can't appreciate the comedy in that, then you should re-evaluate your sense of humor.

1. It's not his "signature" move. It's someone elses.

2. My sense if humor is perfectly fine. I find this situation hilarious as well. His line was hilarious. It just wasn't the time for it. I do also find it hilarious that a player of a team getting blown out can take shots at someone on the team that shat on them after the game.

Lol I love u novak

Quote Originally Posted by TMT

So just because he didn't find it funny he has no sense of humor?

Some people just don't like trash talk about their teammates from smug losers, lmao!!!!

2. My sense if humor is perfectly fine. I find this situation hilarious as well. His line was hilarious. It just wasn't the time for it. I do also find it hilarious that a player of a team getting blown out can take shots at someone on the team that shat on them after the game.
    As far as the NBA goes, it's his move.

When is the time for it? When NY beats the Bulls? In that case Nate wouldn't have used it in the first place. Last time I checked New York is the better team with the better record. It's a regular season game. Get over yourself, sour-puss.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Funny thing is while Novak is talking down on little "Nathan" dude is a beast and I don't know if Novak wants to see him in a dark alley.
    I think it's okay to offer a humorous retort to a silly reporter question without being able to successfully fight the topic of your quip in a dark alley.

It just wasn't the time for it. I do also find it hilarious that a player of a team getting blown out can take shots at someone on the team that shat on them after the game.
    I respect your feelings on this matter, but I just thought it was what it was. He was asked a question about something in the game that wasn't super serious, so he provided a response that wasn't super serious. At the end of the day, this is all a game. I'm not big on players being way too pissed to provide any sort of quotes after the game that might be taken as light-hearted. Clearly there's a line there somewhere, but I didn't think Novak was anywhere near it.

I'm also not big on the belief that players and coaches are only allowed to express certain feelings depending upon whether they lost or where their standing is within the league. For instance, I've heard people criticize George Karl for saying he believed Carmelo Anthony was "getting it" nowadays. They said Karl, as someone who's never won a ring, should never discuss another team's players. I believe that is silly logic. To a lesser extent here, just because Novak's team lost, I do not believe he should be exempt from poking fun at someone poking fun at him.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 01-12-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Local High School Star

Who cares in the end knicks still have a better record than the bulls even if they do have the knicks number so far. Nate got sonned so...... cry me a river

Yeah it would be funnier if they would have won the game.

Lighten up dude. Its not that serious, it was a funny response made even funnier because it came from one of the most unassuming players in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy77x
    Who cares in the end knicks still have a better record than the bulls even if they do have the knicks number so far. Nate got sonned so...... cry me a river

Knicks lost to our rag tag squad without D. Rose. And let's not go by records and history because well, all NY has besides a lonely title is press and hype.

Nate might be short but dude is an absolute beast and few would talk that little shit in his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    So just because he didn't find it funny he has no sense of humor?

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I think it's okay to offer a humorous retort to a silly reporter question without being able to successfully fight the topic of your quip in a dark alley.

I respect your feelings on this matter, but I just thought it was what it was. He was asked a question about something in the game that wasn't super serious, so he provided a response that wasn't super serious. At the end of the day, this is all a game. I'm not big on players being way too pissed to provide any sort of quotes after the game that might be taken as light-hearted. Clearly there's a line there somewhere, but I didn't think Novak was anywhere near it.
    I'm biased cuz I hate the Knicks and love the Bulls. I like the celebration. The interview was funny, but calling him little Nathan was a bit smug for my taste and COULD BE construed by some to mean disrespect.

I was fun though. Woulda hurt worse if we hadn't beat their asses tonight.

@ all the Chicago fanboys taking mad offense to this.