Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default If Bulls sign Lebron and Bosh, can they beat the Lakers in a 7 game series?

Your thoughts?

Rose/Lebron/Bosh/Noah vs Kobe/Gasol/Artest/Odom/Bynum

Default Re: If Bulls sign Lebron and Bosh, can they beat the Lakers in a 7 game series?

Yes,

That's the most talented team since the 1990's Chicago Bulls. Bulls would beat the Lakers in Game 7.

Default Re: If Bulls sign Lebron and Bosh, can they beat the Lakers in a 7 game series?

I say the Bulls would be the favors.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Yes,

That's the most talented team since the 1990's Chicago Bulls. Bulls would beat the Lakers in Game 7.
    They will be weak defensively against the Lakers, and Rose would have a very limited role with Lebron there.

The 90s Bulls teams would have been outrebounded severely due to Laker size. And though the Bulls teams were ranked 1 in defense, their defensive efficiency of 101 points allowed per 100 possessions is not on par with today's best defensive teams.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by CP_Hornet
    Your thoughts?

Rose/Lebron/Bosh/Noah vs Kobe/Gasol/Artest/Odom/Bynum
    Bosh/Bron even out with Kobe/Gasol

But Rose being a 3rd option? IF they run real offense i see them being unstoppable if they can keep chemistry

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kensta
    I say the Bulls would be the favors.
    Agreed.

Even with Joe Johnson + LeBron they'd still be the hands down favorites by far.

Quote Originally Posted by DwightHowardMVP
    Bosh/Bron even out with Kobe/Gasol

But Rose being a 3rd option? IF they run real offense i see them being unstoppable if they can keep chemistry
    If they run Lebron-iso and pick-and-rolls, like they most likely would, then Rose would be reduced to a spot-up shooter. His jumpshot is not his best asset.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    If they run Lebron-iso and pick-and-rolls, like they most likely would, then Rose would be reduced to a spot-up shooter. His jumpshot is not his best asset.
    Yeah thats what im thinking. And rose is going to go from doing whatever he want on offense to being a limited role-player? And Bosh thinks he's a centerpiece?

I dont see it working out if lebron thinks he's going to put up 30 8 8

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
    Agreed.

Even with Joe Johnson + LeBron they'd still be the hands down favorites by far.
    Sorry but noah/ gibson would get eaten alive by gasol/bynum.
    In that case, lakers in 6 at the most (prolly 5).

With bosh and lebron I still see a healthy much bigger lakers team outrebounding and outplaying them.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

not sure i love the idea of rose / lebron / bosh....

but yes they could and most likely would. it would just take bosh taking on a much more limited role offensively and him working really hard on the boards and on defense....something he would do in the playoffs in a game 7.

don't forget how good the lakers actually are though. if bynum is healthy they are one of the most talented teams this league has seen in a while in my opinion. two top 5 bigs.....a top 5 player in kobe. the best coach ever in the nba. one of the best bench players in odom. one of the best perimeter defenders in artest.....and one of the most clutch players in the league in fisher.

if they add another guard and another bench player its scary how good they can be.

So Noah is goin to keep Bynum, Odom, and Gasol out of the paint himself? Now Rose is an intriguing 3rd option but like others have mentioned, if he reduced as a spot up shooter, he's not as effective. Really going to depend on the offense those Bulls will run.

With Bosh I think the Bulls win in 6. It will be interesting to see how Thibadeau does teaching some of those players (Rose and Bosh in particular) how to play playoff level defense like his Celtics teams.

Factor in probably no Phil Jackson, and I don't think the Lakers can pull a 3-peat. That Bulls team would be significantly better than the Celtics squad that took the Lakers to 7 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DwightHowardMVP
    Yeah thats what im thinking. And rose is going to go from doing whatever he want on offense to being a limited role-player? And Bosh thinks he's a centerpiece?

I dont see it working out if lebron thinks he's going to put up 30 8 8
    I don't see it working out that well either, though I'm sure they'd still be one of the best teams in the East.

Rose/Lebron/Bosh/Noah still needs a sharpshooter for the offense to work, or the opposing team could just clog the paint and Lebron won't be able to drive. Ever wonder why Mo Williams' shooting has such a huge impact on the Cleveland team's success?

I'll go with the Lakers i think... Been together a while, 3 straight finals appearances, plenty of chemistry/experience...

That hypothetical bulls team bar Lebron hasnt really been out of the first round...

I see the bulls main strength with the ball in Rose's hands, not Lebron running iso and dribbling out 20 seconds a posession.. As said previously, rose as a spot up jump shooter = fail, bosh wanting to be no1 option and Lebron wanting his stats... recipe for disaster imo which is why i dont think it will be happening...

Arcadia, CA

if the lakers are healthy and they have another point guard to back up fisher, ill take the lakers. I would find it really interesting to see the bulls coming out of the east, they need to beat the magic and the aging celtics.