Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Could Yao have been a top 5 center ever barring injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by Railgun
    2 points is 2 points. Dwight was better than Yao. Get over it.
    Dwight was barely better than 2012 Bynum. Get over it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Stop reading right here. Yao was getting 12 rebounds and putting 26 pts under 30 mins in 08 for a long stretch of games because they were trying to keep him healthy for the playoffs. He was the only one in years who could stand on par with Shaq. His offense was years better than Dwight who is subpar against Bynum's offense. Please Dwight is not better than Yao at nothing except running.
    Dwight was doing shit like putting up 20/20 every other game in '11. You guys have shown nothing that says it isn't close just "hurr durr Yao makes pwetty post moves" I don't care about who has more moves. I care about who puts the basketball in the hole more and at a more efficient rate. It's close.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

yes, he could probably kick out ewing

Banned

howard got no post moves. his offensive game is nowhere near yao

Dwight was doing shit like putting up 20/20 every other game in '11. You guys have shown nothing that says it isn't close just "hurr durr Yao makes pwetty post moves" I don't care about who has more moves. I care about who puts the basketball in the hole more and at a more efficient rate. It's close.
    But Yao was miles better at offense and at defense they were pretty close to each other with Dwight being better athletically. Dwight doesn't hold a candle to yao.

Banned

But Yao was miles better at offense and at defense they were pretty close to each other with Dwight being better athletically. Dwight doesn't hold a candle to yao.
    Show me why. Why was Yao so much better offensively? (he wasn't.) Defensively it wasn't close and I really shouldn't have to explain that to you.
    It wasn't even like 2011 Dwight didn't have post moves either:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slOlB_LfB-o
    I can show you countless videos like this too.

Does anyone seriously think Yao would be able to put his name among Wilt-Russell-Kareem-Shaq-Hakeem? Do you think he'd pracically be a GOAT candidate? Even when healthy, he never came close. Some NBA guys are too bad with numbers.

Serious playground baller

Stop reading right here. Yao was getting 12 rebounds and putting 26 pts under 30 mins in 08 for a long stretch of games because they were trying to keep him healthy for the playoffs. He was the only one in years who could stand on par with Shaq. His offense was years better than Dwight who is subpar against Bynum's offense. Please Dwight is not better than Yao at nothing except running.
    Remember the season where Yao started the 2006 season before he got injured, he averaged something like 27-10? My goodness. I dont think anyone that size could ever have silky fluid movement like him. Thoughg he was going to get the MVP for sure that year but stupid injuries...

People like to bring up tmac roy penny in the what if discussion if not injured... but if Yao wasn't injured... cawt damn! Would have been a stellar sight to see

Top 10 maybe, that is if he got 10+ healthy years and a long prime. Let's face it, a 7'6" guy will always have a hard time staying 100% for long in the NBA.

Banned

Just as I thought.
    "Yao is the better offensive center by a wide margin!!!"
    "Prove it"
    *crickets*

Quote Originally Posted by sejoon101
    Remember the season where Yao started the 2006 season before he got injured, he averaged something like 27-10? My goodness. I dont think anyone that size could ever have silky fluid movement like him. Thoughg he was going to get the MVP for sure that year but stupid injuries...

People like to bring up tmac roy penny in the what if discussion if not injured... but if Yao wasn't injured... cawt damn! Would have been a stellar sight to see
    I remember! I used to be a huge Yao fan at the time. He was that good! He had the whole package. If I remember right that was the year they got Mcgrady.

Show me why. Why was Yao so much better offensively? (he wasn't.) Defensively it wasn't close and I really shouldn't have to explain that to you.
    It wasn't even like 2011 Dwight didn't have post moves either:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slOlB_LfB-o
    I can show you countless videos like this too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFye5eJvjWY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rVH0uqeYJc

And here are some post drills so Dwight can learn some post moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRmOhVQsrCI

Also the reason I don't post a ot of vid is because I don't frequent youtube at all. I only watch the games that TNT and ESPN airs. I don't watch replays or anything NBA.com releases.

Just as I thought.
    "Yao is the better offensive center by a wide margin!!!"
    "Prove it"
    *crickets*
    You haven't proved anything either. I've seen people talk about Dwight post moves or lack thereof and why Yao is a better player.

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFye5eJvjWY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rVH0uqeYJc

And here are some post drills so Dwight can learn some post moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRmOhVQsrCI

Also the reason I don't post a ot of vid is because I don't frequent youtube at all. I only watch the games that TNT and ESPN airs. I don't watch replays or anything NBA.com releases.
    Lot of post moves, but like I said before: The difference in points was slim with Dwight being more efficient. The difference in offense is slim. Defensively, it's huge. Stats don't lie.

Banned

You haven't proved anything either. I've seen people talk about Dwight post moves or lack thereof and why Yao is a better player.
    Yes I did. I showed you the stats and why the margin was slim on offense. No one has even challenged that point yet other than saying stupid shit like "It was on dunks" or something. Which really doesn't matter.