Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

Default Re: Using the eye test. Does Derrick Rose look as fast and athletic as Russell Westbrook?

westbrook is more explosive and agressive. dude wants to dunk on you. Rose was every bit as athletic though, quickness, speed in the open court overall agility go to rose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnmizol9qf4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDM_c9feGrw

Default Re: Using the eye test. Does Derrick Rose look as fast and athletic as Russell Westbrook?

Athletic explosiveness - Westbrook.

Athletic agility - rose

Westbrook is balls to the wall. Rose uses his athletically ability more intelligently.

I'll take rose all day.

Backfired on op

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Lol Westbrooks stats would be so horrific had he been in Rose' s situation in Chicago. Like seriously imagine Westbrook as a #1 scoring option and he HAS to run the offense well and play well enough to draw double teams nightly . My ****ing god the bad shots and turnovers.
    Dont be stupid. The Bulls team is made for a PG that can create his own shot. Nate Robinson got them just as many playoff wins against the Heat as Rose did. And it's likely DJ Augustin would do the same. Who are these guys? Role players.

Fact is that Westbrook is a killer and an alpha who is dying to get out there and play. Can't say the same about Rose.

Westbrook on the Bulls would put them over the Pacers and a tougher out for Miami.

Of course Russell is gonna seem more athletic..Rose hasn't been Rose for like 3 years now. If we ignore all the return jokes and injury stuff, it's Rose by a hair.

Derrick Rose was the most ATHLETIC point guard I've ever seen. If we're talking pure quickness, vertical leaping ability, forward speed, agility, and body control, Rose is at the top of my list. Russell is right up there with him though, just a bit lower. Pre-injury Rose to me for point guard athleticism is a 99, Russ is a 98.

The thing that really separates the two is their ferocity and mentality for the game. Rose is fearless about getting to the rim. Westbrook is fearless about taking the other team's soul. Rose will be content with contorting his body and finishing with a sweet layup. Westbrook has no fear of rising up and straight up destroying the rim.

NBA rookie of the year

Combine #'s coming out of college:

3/4th's Court Sprint:

Westbrook - 3.08
    Rose - 3.05

Lane Agility:

Westbrook - 10.98
    Rose - 11.69

Rose to me looks a bit quicker when driving to the basket, but Westbrook is more explosive on dunks & layups.

NBA rookie of the year

Different styles of athleticism.

If I remember correctly, Westbrook or his dad was a long jump champion. Which is probably why he has a longer stride and seems to run effortlessly.

Rose is very explosive, so change of speed, agility, and vert are his specialties. Speed is probably even but look different due to stride length
    Last edited by JohnMax; 03-16-2014 at 02:29 AM.

As someone who has specifically watched both of them for 2-3 years, I would say Rose was the more agile and "athletic" one. He had a higher vertical and quicker acceleration. And his body control and lateral quickness was on another level. Westbrook's dunks travel and graze the rim as well, he doesn't get up as high as 2011 Rose. Derrick's jams got through the top and were cleaner.

Rose didn't go ham often, but when he did he bottled that explosiveness and executed a smooth acrobatic layup while gliding along the paint. Westbrook on the other hand just explodes like a grenade, he goes berserk at every opportunity, the sound rims make when he dunks I have only heard from Lebron's tomahawks.

I think in the draft numbers, Rose has the advantage in most categories they measured.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

This right here... is art

If people have forgotten how ****ing amazing Rose was, please watch this full video and remember what we lost after his injury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q8Cx85w-uw