Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: The sure to be epic 2013 Jazz off-season!

Alex Kennedy: I'm hearing Mo Williams is considering taking less to join a contender such as the Spurs or Heat. Nothing imminent, but he's considering it.

Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA

Alex Kennedy: The Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets, Charlotte Bobcats and Phoenix Suns have expressed interest in Jamaal Tinsley, according to sources.

Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA

Alex Kennedy: A return to the Utah Jazz for Jamaal Tinsley is no longer being considered after the team signed John Lucas III, according to a source.

Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA
    Kind of figured that. I'd rather have Tinsley. I guess with Burke, Lucas, Burks and possibly McNeal, Neto and/or Stockton they are set. Could get really ugly!

Terms of the deal were not known, but the minimum salary for a five-year veteran is $1,027,424 and indications are that Lucas will receive more.
    Another head scratcher. He is a vet minimum 3rd pg and not a very efficient one at that. Anyone doubting a tank job?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Kind of figured that. I'd rather have Tinsley. I guess with Burke, Lucas, Burks and possibly McNeal, Neto and/or Stockton they are set. Could get really ugly!
    I'd rather Tinsley too. Neto sounded good from them describing Summer League play, so hopefully they bring him over.

http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/22...Unique-Rebuild

The Jazz broke apart a 43-win team and received nothing in return
    2 firsts, 3 2nds, 3 expiring contracts and cash isn't exactly what I'd call nothing and it sounds like they are still looking on getting more out of what's left of their cap space. Would they have got this much if they'd traded their guys before the trade deadline as everyone thought they should do?

All five fit together, something teams that build through the draft are rarely able to pull off.
    Remains to be seen how Burke fits. Gobert and Neto look like they could certainly.

While they made the playoffs only once in the last three years, they were always in the hunt
    They were in the hunt until they traded Deron 3 years ago. Than they had the worst meltdown in league history.

the most important lessons might have come in practice, where Favors and Kanter battled 1-on-1 with Jefferson, one of the best post scorers in the NBA.
    I'm sure they got nothing from battling the other vets.

Neither is a great perimeter shooter
    Kanter looks like he very well could be.

[QUOTE]Hayward, Burks and Burke don

[QUOTE]The Nets were not even in Brooklyn two years ago, they were in New Jersey

Raul Neto: The Jazz are not interested in me this year. They just hired another guard who was drafted along with me Basketeria

Jody Genessy: This isn't surprising that Raul Neto won't play in NBA yet if it turns out to be true. Jazz wouldn't mind him getting more Euro experience. Twitter @DJJazzyJody
    Why can't he play in the D-league instead of a 2nd division Spanish league? I think it comes down to the fact that they will look bad if he out plays Burke and also might make them more competitive when obviously they are shooting for gold in the lottery. He only makes 100,000 in Spain so it's not like his buyout should be a problem. He would pay it just for the pay raise.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Another head scratcher. He is a vet minimum 3rd pg and not a very efficient one at that. Anyone doubting a tank job?
    Easiest way to tank. Minor league gaurds. The head scratcher to me was butchering the draft. That wasn't needed to tank

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Easiest way to tank. Minor league gaurds. The head scratcher to me was butchering the draft. That wasn't needed to tank
    If Lucas is in the rotation it's definitely a sure sign they are tanking although it sounds like maybe they plan on playing Burks at both guard positions again and Lucas will be at the end of the bench hopefully where he belongs.

What was your idea for the draft? I liked McCollom personally but Burke was the highest rated pg and that was the position they needed though I think more of a combo guard to play with Hayward and Burks makes sense. Sounds like Burke could fit that role though he didn't look like he was anywhere near ready for the NBA in the summer league. The fact that he dropped and he's the one guy they didn't work out seems a bit risky but they've said the workouts is a small part of their process. Obviously they had scouted him.

Hard to complain about the other two picks that they bought and who both looked like great fits in SL.

The Utah Jazz announced today that Brad Jones has been promoted to an assistant coach on Tyrone Corbin's staff, after having spent the 2012-13 season as assistant coach/player development. Jones joins returning assistants Sidney Lowe and Michael Sanders on Corbin's staff.

NBA.com
    I read somewhere he was their best pg coach after he sat on the bench with Burke the game they sat him out. Not sure if it's true but until Stock comes aboard they obviously need someone.

Bill Oram: As his tweets suggested, John Lucas III will sign contract with the Jazz tomorrow pending a physical. Twitter @tribjazz

John Lucas: Just touch down SLC Twitter

[QUOTE]Bill Oram: John Lucas III

[QUOTE]Favors has spent the summer training alongside Jazz legend Karl Malone, who turns 50 on Wednesday and "could come out here and still hold his own," Favors said.

Malone, who won Olympic gold medals in 1992 and 1996 as a member of Team USA, was notorious for his training regimens, and Favors said that holds true.

"When I

Hayward reminisced about previous opportunities he

Throughout the 2012-13 season, Hayward and Favors spoke positively of how their Team USA experience boosted their self-esteem and level of play.

"I think I've shown that I belong in the league. It's something that you work for and you work towards. Now I think I know that I belong," Hayward said of his 2012 experience just before last season. "Now you push yourself even further, try and become an All-Star.