Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Eminem Recovery Leaked (Link)

The Eminem Show is easily at least his second best album. I would have it above MMLP but beacuse MMLP has Stan and Way I Am I have it above everything else. Highly underrated

Under The Influence, Amityville, Drug Ballad...The first two have nice lyrics but as songs they aren't that nice. Drug Ballad is on SSLP level aka really immature
    Last edited by v-unit; 06-09-2010 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    On The Eminem Show? Out of 15 songs but you only liked 14?.....To Me MMLP, you don't have any hate songs on MMLP but maybe "The Real Slim Shady".

Most of the tracks off The Marshall Mathers LP much better than The Eminem Show tracks.

Kill You
    Stan
    Who Knew
    The Way I Am
    Remember Me? (Sticky Fingaz killed this track but I felt like it tires with Eminem.....Sticky Fingaz killed for opening verse, Eminem killed for ending verse.....PERFECT TRACK!)
    Marshall Mathers (Hard solid and took shot at DMX)
    Drug Ballad
    Amityville
    ***** Please II
    Kim
    Under the Influence
    Criminal

Most of those tracks are better than The Eminem Show.

I actually like "Without Me" better than "The Real Slim Shady".
    I'm not getting into you with it, but that's why I said "personally". I prefer to listen to the Eminem Show over all his other albums he's ever released. I have nothing else to say to that.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I'm not getting into you with it, but that's why I said "personally". I prefer to listen to the Eminem Show over all his other albums he's ever released. I have nothing else to say to that.
    All right, fair enough. I still see nothing wrong with someone pick The Eminem Show because it's one of his classic album so he has 3 classic albums (SSLP, MMLP, TES)....I can't blame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
    12/17 tracks are solid. album of the year.
    I came to the same conclusion (give or a take a single song) and I think its most impressive that everybody has their own personal favorite to this album.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

MMLP is eminems best album, i think most people will concede that.

SSLP and The Eminem Show are both good albums.

Encore and Relapse are Ok. nothing really special but both had a few good songs.

I'd definatley put recovery up with SSLP and The Eminem Show. i can't really put them in any order. i have a bias towards The Eminem Show because i have alot of memories from that time in my life and that was my most played album for 02/03.

I may be alone on this, but I personally think The Eminem Show was Eminem's best albulm, or at least on the same level as MMLP. Its just much more mature and the subject matter was better. There weren't any songs like "Hailie's Song", "Sing for the Moment" or "When the Music Stops" in MMLP.

Yeah, I know MMLP was a step to a more personal and real Eminem compared to SSLP, but I just thought the Eminem Show showed more of a growth of Eminem as an artist.

Still though, Marshall Mathers LP was ****ing amazing. It had Stan, the Way I Am and the Real Slim Shady, which are like what, three of his best songs?

MMLP = Eminem Show > SSLP > Encore = Recovery > Relapse

Relapse was garbage.

I dunk on 12 year olds

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    You feel sorry for me? Unless you're a strong advocate of ignorance is bliss, I don't see the need to feel sympathetic, unless you're inferring that you're apologizing for wasting my goddamn time.

Are they gonna add a bonus hidden song that plays twenty minutes after track 17 or add some special bonus code downloadable content off the back of the CD case? I dunno and that was never in question, but the album is coming out in two weeks with pretty much this tracklist. Deal with it kid.
    if the picture is legit, you might be right, and im willing to admit i was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    I may be alone on this, but I personally think The Eminem Show was Eminem's best albulm, or at least on the same level as MMLP. Its just much more mature and the subject matter was better. There weren't any songs like "Hailie's Song", "Sing for the Moment" or "When the Music Stops" in MMLP.

Yeah, I know MMLP was a step to a more personal and real Eminem compared to SSLP, but I just thought the Eminem Show showed more of a growth of Eminem as an artist.

Still though, Marshall Mathers LP was ****ing amazing. It had Stan, the Way I Am and the Real Slim Shady, which are like what, three of his best songs?

MMLP = Eminem Show > SSLP > Encore = Recovery > Relapse

Relapse was garbage.
    Recovery is way better than encore.

Also, it s a little early to judge all the album because some of the songs take time to grow on you.

This CD will be in rotation for a while.

How many tracks does everyone have? I've heard 16, 17, and even 20 so far.

at 2:50 of Almost Famous slim squeezes in "antidisestablishmentarianism" into his song... haha, what a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank
    This CD will be in rotation for a while.

How many tracks does everyone have? I've heard 16, 17, and even 20 so far.
    Officially it has 17 tracks, 16 listed. The 17th track is a hidden track called "Here We Go" that's untitled. As far as a deluxe edition with bonus tracks? Haven't see anything about it, but the official release is 17 tracks and 17 songs, no skits.

Rumor has it its a double CD, relapse which was scrapped is downloadable

Quote Originally Posted by J_Rock3ts
    let's see man. i've been disappointed with every eminem album after the marshall mathers lp. (eminem show grew on me, but didn't like it the first few listens). i'll post my opinion in a bit.
    My opinion is quite the opposite ... I personally feel his albums progressed as well as himself as an artist, album after album. In other words, Slim Shady LP was his worst (mainstream release), followed by his 2nd worst, MMLP, then ES, then Encore, Relapse and finally his best work, Recovery.

If you ask the average Eminem fan, or rap fan, they'd probably averagely rank his albums in this order:

MMLP
    Eminem Show
    Slim Shady LP
    Recovery
    Relapse
    Encore

You can almost interchange everything between MMLP and Encore (according to your average Em fan) ... but I'm a little different in my opinion of him and his works in the rap game.

Overtime, he grew on me. I hated Slim Shady LP with a couple of exceptions. Dude just came across as a complete tool. I mean, his debut that jump-started his career was "My Name Is" ... and just IMO, made me cringe watching the video and listening to the song. I felt just about the exact same towards the entire debut album.

Again, not much of a fan of MMLP either. Eminem Show, an improvement. Everyone hated Encore, but I felt it was vastly underrated. Relapse, even better! ... then finally, Recovery was just pure vintage, real, matured, gimmick-free, dope music.

I believe he's progressed as a rapper, entertainer, etc. He's not really into the whole blonde hair, blue eyes bullshit gimmicks... just being more real, and it's obviously expressed in his lyrics, etc.

Production wise, I'm about on the same level. Meaning, each album progressed with each release.

So many fans hold MMLP so high, but it's nothing compared to Recovery. The supposed "hardcore" more backpackerish fanatics consider SSLP the pinnacle of his professional work (excluding any underground material), while Encore being enhanced garbage, followed by Eminem Show, then a toss up for some of the others.

I don't feel like breaking down the entire Recovery album, but I will admit LOL, I'm a bit behind the curve, b/c not until just yesterday and today did I have the opportunity to listen to Recovery in its entirety. It's a damn good album. I expected Relapse to be the victor over Recovery, but I was wrong.

Recovery > Relapse > Encore < ES < MMLP > SSLP

... what's your own personal ranking of Em's albums?

PS... Eminem *admitting* he felt like he let fans down with Encore and Relapse was a bit[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]h-move. That's some Canibus type shit ("I can't help it, mutha fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]kin' Wyclef spoiled it!") ... instead of being a true G, someone like Nas saying "you wanted to be on every last one of my classics; you pop shit then apologize ni[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]ga just ask 'Kiss"

Even though we all know Nas didn't release 4 classics up until that point, it's his own personal charisma, belief in himself, etc. that helped elevate himself back in the game with Stillmatic; and while Em got back in the game too by dropping a great album in Recovery, he still admitted he was trash on prior albums, and that he owed it to fans to bring back some mega ill shit.

LOL, dude, fu*k the fans... if they didn't like Encore or Relapse, then fu*k 'em! There's no reason for any rap artist to kiss the ass of your typical hip hop culture / rap music fan. I think sometimes, professional rap critics, most fans, popular urban central DJs, producers, etc - feel the actual rap artists themselves should be bending over backwards to recognize that without all the other pieces, they wouldn't amount to jack shit.

... in terms of having the right production (producer, producers, etc) this holds some validity; but the other elements such as over-the-top fan support etc. isn't going to make or break a rap artists career.
    Last edited by Legend of Josh; 11-19-2012 at 08:29 AM.

I rule the local playground daballa13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    My opinion is quite the opposite ... I personally feel his albums progressed as well as himself as an artist, album after album. In other words, Slim Shady LP was his worst (mainstream release), followed by his 2nd worst, MMLP, then ES, then Encore, Relapse and finally his best work, Recovery.

If you ask the average Eminem fan, or rap fan, they'd probably averagely rank his albums in this order:

MMLP
    Eminem Show
    Slim Shady LP
    Recovery
    Relapse
    Encore

You can almost interchange everything between MMLP and Encore (according to your average Em fan) ... but I'm a little different in my opinion of him and his works in the rap game.

Overtime, he grew on me. I hated Slim Shady LP with a couple of exceptions. Dude just came across as a complete tool. I mean, his debut that jump-started his career was "My Name Is" ... and just IMO, made me cringe watching the video and listening to the song. I felt just about the exact same towards the entire debut album.

Again, not much of a fan of MMLP either. Eminem Show, an improvement. Everyone hated Encore, but I felt it was vastly underrated. Relapse, even better! ... then finally, Recovery was just pure vintage, real, matured, gimmick-free, dope music.

I believe he's progressed as a rapper, entertainer, etc. He's not really into the whole blonde hair, blue eyes bullshit gimmicks... just being more real, and it's obviously expressed in his lyrics, etc.

Production wise, I'm about on the same level. Meaning, each album progressed with each release.

So many fans hold MMLP so high, but it's nothing compared to Recovery. The supposed "hardcore" more backpackerish fanatics consider SSLP the pinnacle of his professional work (excluding any underground material), and which Encore being enhanced garbage, followed by Eminem Show, then a toss up for some of the others.

I don't feel like breaking down the entire Recovery album, but I will admit LOL, I'm a bit behind the curve, b/c not until yesterday and today did I have the opportunity to listen to Recovery in its entirety. It's a damn good album. I expected Relapse to be the victory over Recovery, but I was wrong.

Recovery > Relapse > Encore < ES < MMLP > SSLP

... what's your own personal ranking of Em's albums?

PS... Eminem *admitting* he felt like he let fans down with Encore and Relapse was a bit[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]h-move. That's some Canibus type shit ("I can't help it, mutha fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]kin' Wyclef spoiled it!" ... instead of being a true G, someone like Nas saying "you wanted to be on every one of my classics; you pop shit then apologize ni[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]ga just ask 'Kiss"

Even though we all know Nas didn't release 4 classics up until that point, it's his own personal charisma, belief in himself, etc. that helped elevate himself back in the game with Stillmatic; and while Em got back in the game too by dropping a great album in Recovery, he still admitted he was trash on prior albums, and that he owed it to fans to bring back some mega ill shit.

LOL, dude, fu*k the fans... if they didn't like Encore or Relapse, then fu*k 'em! There's no reason for any rap artist to kiss the ass of your typical hip hop culture / rap music fan. I think sometimes, professional rap critics, most fans, popular urban central DJs, producers, etc - feel the actual rap artists themselves should be bending over backwards to recognize that without all the other pieces, they wouldn't amount to jack shit.

... in terms of having the right production (producer, producers, etc) this holds some validity; but the other elements such as over-the-top fan support etc. isn't going to make or break a rap artists career.
    I really can't tell if this is a serious post or not. I'm a HUGE Eminem fan and hold him to high regard but Recovery was at best a 'decent' album. It was way too radio friendly and didn't have a solid theme behind it, not to mention the fact that he wanted to scream on the entire album. Thank the Lord it at least seems like he's stopped screaming on his tracks from his appearances on Obie Trice's album and Slaughterhouse's album.

Let's be real, SSLP and MMLP are both great albums but MMLP was just so amazing for what it was, a huge **** YOU to America and everyone for labeling him essentially as the devil. To this day it was the easiest album I have ever listened to all the way through. So many great songs and just stupid insane lyrical content. Stan is one of hip hop's greatest achievements. That song is genius.

The Eminem Show was good but it too was not as cohesive as MMLP nor did it have as many classic tracks. Sing for the moment was great but the real classic was Till I Collapse which until this day is the ultimate pump up song.

Encore was TERRIBLE. That album really takes away from Eminem's legacy. WTF were Dre and the label thinking when they released that garbage. Songs like Puke, Big Weenie, Rain Man, Ass Like That, WTF was he thinking. He made Just Lose it why did he make another gimmicky song in Ass Like That. I also cringe at the thought of how dope an album he would of made if he wasn't so ****ed up on drugs at the time. Evil Deeds is such a banging beat and Eminem just took that sick beat and mostly sang some bullshit GOD it pisses me off. TERRIBLE ALBUM.

Relapse was not as bad as people say, lyrically it was solid. Ignore the accents, and songs like Stay Wide Awake, Deja Vu, My Mom, Insane, 3 AM are all solid songs. Beautiful was a gem, great song. Underground was AWESOME, but Deja Vu was the best song off the album. Just a great track that brings you into what it was like to be him during his addiction. Overall decent album, I wish it stuck more to the theme and followed the story of his journey getting out of rehab from the beginning skit Dr. West.

Recovery was Eminem reaching to get new fans, mainly young women who have no idea that Eminem talks shit about idiotic fans and women in many of his songs.

Really Eminem's best project in almost a decade was the Bad Meets Evil project. Him and Royce have ridiculous chemistry and complement each other so well. They killed every track and made all types of songs, from Lighters to I'm on Everything. They need to make a full album with adequate time and producers. Bad Meets Evil makes way better music than Slaughterhouse to be honest.

So yeah I have no idea how you could think Recovery was his best album.

Quote Originally Posted by daballa13
    I really can't tell if this is a serious post or not. I'm a HUGE Eminem fan and hold him to high regard but Recovery was at best a 'decent' album. It was way too radio friendly and didn't have a solid theme behind it, not to mention the fact that he wanted to scream on the entire album. Thank the Lord it at least seems like he's stopped screaming on his tracks from his appearances on Obie Trice's album and Slaughterhouse's album.

Let's be real, SSLP and MMLP are both great albums but MMLP was just so amazing for what it was, a huge **** YOU to America and everyone for labeling him essentially as the devil. To this day it was the easiest album I have ever listened to all the way through. So many great songs and just stupid insane lyrical content. Stan is one of hip hop's greatest achievements. That song is genius.

The Eminem Show was good but it too was not as cohesive as MMLP nor did it have as many classic tracks. Sing for the moment was great but the real classic was Till I Collapse which until this day is the ultimate pump up song.

Encore was TERRIBLE. That album really takes away from Eminem's legacy. WTF were Dre and the label thinking when they released that garbage. Songs like Puke, Big Weenie, Rain Man, Ass Like That, WTF was he thinking. He made Just Lose it why did he make another gimmicky song in Ass Like That. I also cringe at the thought of how dope an album he would of made if he wasn't so ****ed up on drugs at the time. Evil Deeds is such a banging beat and Eminem just took that sick beat and mostly sang some bullshit GOD it pisses me off. TERRIBLE ALBUM.

Relapse was not as bad as people say, lyrically it was solid. Ignore the accents, and songs like Stay Wide Awake, Deja Vu, My Mom, Insane, 3 AM are all solid songs. Beautiful was a gem, great song. Underground was AWESOME, but Deja Vu was the best song off the album. Just a great track that brings you into what it was like to be him during his addiction. Overall decent album, I wish it stuck more to the theme and followed the story of his journey getting out of rehab from the beginning skit Dr. West.

Recovery was Eminem reaching to get new fans, mainly young women who have no idea that Eminem talks shit about idiotic fans and women in many of his songs.

Really Eminem's best project in almost a decade was the Bad Meets Evil project. Him and Royce have ridiculous chemistry and complement each other so well. They killed every track and made all types of songs, from Lighters to I'm on Everything. They need to make a full album with adequate time and producers. Bad Meets Evil makes way better music than Slaughterhouse to be honest.

So yeah I have no idea how you could think Recovery was his best album.
    I was completely serious. Different people, different opinions. I was spot-on with saying your typical fan would highly praise MMLP, etc... just as you have expressed in your post. I didn't even read the rest, b/c I know it would validate the rest of what I was getting at. All good. Nothing wrong with that.

If you asked Em himself, he'd probably say in his own personal opinion, his best and favorite album is Recovery; that's he's most proud of, etc.

Bad Meets Evil was decent... but IMO, little replay value. It gets played quite quickly. I would love to hear a Dre and Em "duo" album. That would be sick.

OK, I did read some more of your post LOL. You said ignore some tracks off Relapse ... like "Insane" ... DUDE ARE YOU PERSONALLY INSANE?! That's fire. Through and through, pure sickness. Being a typical Eminem fan such as yourself, it doesn't surprise me you would find such a deep, dark, incredibly wicked and just dope track to be trash. I prefer Em's more experimental songs compared to his more conventional and "safe" songs he releases to appeal to his major fan base (people like you)...

^ correction ... you said Insane was a "decent" song. I misread into it. IMO, Insane is the album's best track. Yes, I realize I'm in the minority.

In terms of Encore, Puke was remarkable. It's simplicity is what makes it so great. Also, the fact that almost everyone hates it, makes it more appealing. It's really a sick tune (literally, pun-intended); same for Rain Man and Big Weenie ... they grow on you, and you just have to appreciate them for what they are. If Encore was Em just throwing shit together to release an album, then so be it. I can sit back and listen to Encore and get entertainment value out of it. I know it sounds crazy, but a hell of a lot more than his three albums prior to that.

Ass Like That and that song that disses MJ was trash. There are other trainwreck songs on there too I can't think of off the top of my head, but there's an equal amount of very entertaining shit to help offset the trash. Again, I'm not representing popular opinion of Encore, but it's an opinion nonetheless. A different perspective to an album most Em fans feel very indifferent to.
    Last edited by Legend of Josh; 11-19-2012 at 08:49 AM.