Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #16
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Free Utah Twin Towers Enes Kanter And Favors

Wasn't following that much... Why didn't Utah move at least one of their bigs before the deadline?
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #17
JGXEN
COOL STORY BRAHHHHHHH

JGXEN is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Csn anyone tell me what is so good about Derrick Favors? I just don't see what is so special about him
JGXEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #18
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
He's ready better for my money. He plays d and runs the floor.

But this just isn't true. Jefferson does things you don't like and you like Kanter's potential. But, for your money, he is not better than Jefferson lol. Not anywhere near.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #19
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGXEN
Csn anyone tell me what is so good about Derrick Favors? I just don't see what is so special about him

I like Favors a lot, he legimately does make a lot of strides/improvements, but I feel like he still makes way too many stupid rookie mistakes. However, I think both Kanter & Favors will compliment each other really well. I think Kanter has a chance to be a special player in the league.

Kanter in his two starts this season:
7-16 FG, 4-5 FT's, 18 Points, 8 Rebounds
10-12 FG, 3-4 FT's, 23 Points, 22 Rebounds

Also, people can say Jefferson has a better postgame than Kanter, and that's fine, but Kanter is in his 2nd season and actually gets to the free throw line unlike Jefferson who if you've ever watched avoids contact with his postmoves, Kanter is the most efficient player on the team.

Last edited by UtahJazzFan88 : 03-02-2013 at 11:45 PM.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:20 AM   #20
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Can you give me a better breakdown of his game please I seen him 4 times against the Kings and maybe another 4-5 times but all in limited mins where he didn't really get much of a chance to shine. To me he seems like a banger who overpower people and has a nice spin to the baseline on the block (right hand side of the lane).

His shooting touch is very decent from what I have seen and his rebounding is ok. Maybe I;m overrating Big Al or underrated Kantar but I think Big Al post game is as good as it gets in the NBA and his shooting touch is fairly sweet as well hes a double team waiting to happend.

Too bad Al can't do what he does without bring the Jazz motion offense to a halt or pass effectively out of the double teams.

I've liked what I've seen from Kanter from day 1 and he's come a long ways in just over a year. Last year he had basically one post move and tended to bring the ball down where it could be stripped and didn't show much as a passer. Supposedly he was a perimeter player coming into the league and they forced him down low to develop that past of his game and with Al's help he has while being able to show his perimeter touch as well this year.

He's also showing the ability to pass the ball now. He sets screens. He runs the floor. He plays D. Hits FT's. He looked like an elite rebounder last year and is still hitting the offensive glass this year but for some reason he hasn't been as good on the other end. Maybe the weight he dropped or developing other parts of his game has hurt him?

Quote:
Wasn't following that much... Why didn't Utah move at least one of their bigs before the deadline?

Didn't get an offer worth taking they said but for anyone that knows the Jazz it shouldn't have been much of a surprise. It's the way they do things and a new GM hasn't change that.

Quote:

potential

Quote:
But this just isn't true. Jefferson does things you don't like and you like Kanter's potential. But, for your money, he is not better than Jefferson lol. Not anywhere near.

Jazz will be better without Al. Not much doubt in my mind. It's an experiment that made absolutely no sense from the day they acquired him for 3 first round picks when they already had Millsap and the experiment has failed miserably. The fact that he called the Spurs the next world champs after game 3 of last years playoff series would have sealed his fate anywhere else but he's still there! Amazing really.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: