Banned

Default assassins creed syndicate

Anyone pick this up? I haven't but reviews seem to be good and are reporting now major bugs like last time so I'm keen to hear if that's true.

Default Re: assassins creed syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Anyone pick this up? I haven't but reviews seem to be good and are reporting now major bugs like last time so I'm keen to hear if that's true.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=375908&page=2

I don't think anybody has it here. It sounds like a slightly better version of Unity. Even I will be waiting for a price drop, and im a huge fan of the series.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

It's on it's way from Amazon for me. I'm not sure how quickly I'll get to it. The only review I read was GameInformer's and it was pretty positive, a 9 overall, but they did have a few complaints, including siting some of the typical minor bugs the series seems to always have, like wonky collision physics, and NPC's doing weird stuff, but nothing game breaking.

They also said the two playable characters, and the zipline type addition are enough of a change to make the thing feel progressive.

I've come this far with the series. And while I wasn't crazy about Unity, I didn't experience any of the fatal flaws the game apparently had. It was just kind of dull.

It's a very good game. I'm having the most fun with this series since the 2ish games (i hate the sailing). You shouldn't even mention Unity with it.

Well that's good news then. I hear the story is pretty lacking again.

I haven't done much with it yet. My niece is playing with me again, and she did much of the pre-amble stuff. Then last night after work I hit the main map (I didn't realize you couldn't have two saves going at once on this thing, which is really annoying).

I hit all of the viewpoints, and picked up a ton of chests. Used the money I was collecting to buy all the collectibles maps, many of which were the chests. And I grabbed a good few of the other collectibles.

Now it's time to actually start playing I guess.

My initial reaction is that the really improved the movement. The combat movement is super fluid. Almost too fluid to be honest. I was getting guys caught against walls and stringing together 50+ long combos. But with that said the countering and breaking defense schemes were actually a little hard to see. By the end of the night I was getting some decent counters though.

The same movement stuff applies to the free running too. I was climbing and ripping all over the place. The horse and cart stuff was interesting. It goes just fast enough to make it a viable option, but dealing with traffic and roads just doesn't make it usable vs. the running in my opinion. But it's a closer call than I expected. Especially because they lay a GPS type line on the road for you.

It did feel a touch small, which I'm ok with. I just don't remember being able to get to all the viewpoints in Unity in one sitting like that. Maybe it will open up more.

And I did see a handful of NPC glitches. I know they bother the hell out of some people, but I'm not really that bothered by them. But they're definitely there. Pop ins. People dropping from overhead. I saw one guy last night who was just way way too fast.

But overall, it was still an entertaining opening first few hours of map collection with some combat.

I just started playing this last night, picked it up on black friday. Pretty everything Thorp said is spot on. I haven't done that much yet though, but I like the characters.

Just finished it today. Really hard to put down. It's actually probably the first AC game since Brotherhood that was really addictive. Gameplay wise it's very good. Story's decent. I spent a lot more hours playing it than I thought I would.

Home of the 16

Picked it up 2 weeks ago, I wasn't connecting gameplay-wise & story-wise. I might eventually finish it though -- 35% into the game. It's the same AC style with a little bit of tweaks & additions.

I'm hoping this game will be the bridge to something better/sensational.

I hadn't played anything in a long while, but over the holidays I re-did my bedroom. I got a new TV, a second PS4. And since everything is coming together, I started looking to play something. With nothing out I'm terribly interested in, I stuck this back in and started going.

Just last night after a few weeks, I finished all of the territory stuff. It's obviously a back asswards way to do this, because I'm being offered perks for finishing missions with weapons that aren't even available to me, but this is how I usually play these games. I've gotten probably 95% of the chests, all the flowers and all the beer bottles, and the vast majority of the helix glitches. Now I'm starting on the story and the ally missions. I'm perked up about 85% on both characters already. And my gang upgrades are done with everything that's available to me, probably about 75% overall.

It's definitely smaller feeling that Unity was, which I'm not bothered by. But it does have a certain blandness to the map. It doesn't have as much in the way of tunnels and stuff that Unity had. And the landmarks aren't quite as awe inspiring as some of the French churches.

The zip line I wasn't fond of at first, but now I think it's a nice addition.