NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Media Hype for the Warriors !

Seriously already hearing on a couple radio shows assuming Warriors win they are a heavy favorite against Cavs ?? Im sorry this is fools gold and I just don't see it. This is a young inexperienced team who jack jumpshots. They lack a post player and interior scoring. The Cavs have Scorers who can match GS plus more inside scoring and size please of course they have Lebron... To act like if the Cavs get to 6 games would be an accomplishment for them is flat out disrespectful. Hopefully the Cavs will will use slight as extra motivation. I am very confident the Cavs are going to win this series if Irving is semi healthy and they continue to shoot the ball like they have been(-lebron). TT is also gonna cause them fits on glass. Cavs in 6.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Media Hype for the Warriors !

I'm not going to make any predictions because Golden State is really good and the Cavs are incredibly banged up, but I will say this... the Cavs play with a level of intensity that I don't believe the Warriors have seen yet in these playoffs.

The other thing is the Cavs' ability to control a game on the glass.

Now, a lot of the series is going to hinge on Kyrie's healthy, because I don't believe LeBron will be able to shoulder the offensive load against a team like Golden State the way he did against Atlanta for three games.

Having a healthy Irving completely changes the way the Warriors have to gameplan. If he's as limited as he was in the latter half of the Bulls series and the first part of the Atlanta series, they can stick one good defender on Irving and focus the rest on LeBron.

If Kyrie can get back to 90% or so, the Warriors will have to pick their poison.

Either way, I respect the Warriors... I think they have a really good team. But, comparisons to the greatest teams of all-time? We'll see.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Curry isn't good enough to swing a series himself against LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I'm not going to make any predictions because Golden State is really good and the Cavs are incredibly banged up, but I will say this... the Cavs play with a level of intensity that I don't believe the Warriors have seen yet in these playoffs.

The other thing is the Cavs' ability to control a game on the glass.

Now, a lot of the series is going to hinge on Kyrie's healthy, because I don't believe LeBron will be able to shoulder the offensive load against a team like Golden State the way he did against Atlanta for three games.

Having a healthy Irving completely changes the way the Warriors have to gameplan. If he's as limited as he was in the latter half of the Bulls series and the first part of the Atlanta series, they can stick one good defender on Irving and focus the rest on LeBron.

If Kyrie can get back to 90% or so, the Warriors will have to pick their poison.

Either way, I respect the Warriors... I think they have a really good team. But, comparisons to the greatest teams of all-time? We'll see.

Yeah Im watching them play and watching Rockets give the game away with sloppy play and TO's. Cavs are superior to Rockets without question in all aspects. Curry and Klay Hot shooting is the only reason Im giving them a chance to win a couple games. Im also watching the Rockets get to rim at will on this team. What will Lebron and Kyrie do than ?
    Last edited by Kingwillball; 05-27-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    The Warriors steamrolled peak defensive Tony Allen, Mike Conley fighting through injuries, and a Grizzlies team KNOWN for their defensive intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen
    The Warriors steamrolled peak defensive Tony Allen, Mike Conley fighting through injuries, and a Grizzlies team KNOWN for their defensive intensity.
    Defenses are different the same way offenses are different

Cavs play a switching style of defense that is effective against good shooting teams

Cavs also have bigs that can switch onto the perimeter (Thompson/Lebron when at PF)

I can't fathom Memphis switching Gasol or Randolph onto someone like Curry

Cavs have a brand of defense that I feel can best defend GWS

They did a pretty good job in that matchup when Lebron was playing

Hell even Houston at times has been able to contain GWS

Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen

Cavs are better on both ends right now.

Watching this game makes me feel even more confident in my prediction. Seeing nothing from Warriors that makes me think they can beat Cavs in series.

My opinion is swinging a bit watching the little things Golden State does vs the little things the Cavs do.

Honestly I'll say it right now I have a feeling that Cleveland is winning that series.