Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Why James Harden is the Most VALUABLE Player

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Alright, and? You think the past 20 games really affects his chances to win the MVP? Allen Iverson won the award shooting 42% for the entire season. If Harden was shooting that, people would be bitching saying "Why the **** is this guy an MVP canditate" or things like that.

Also, I'm talking about VALUE to the team. Take Harden off of the Rockets and where would they be? Probably up there competing for a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft. Yeah the guys around him aren't scrubs by any means, but you take Harden off and everything changes. Stupid turnovers, less points, etc. He's really our only real playmaker on the team. 2nd best might be Josh Smith or Prigioni.

Different Era. Prime Iverson would not be shooting 42% FG if he played in 2015.

MVP doesn't go to shitty teams, goes to the best player on the best team aka Alpha Male Curry

Alright, and? You think the past 20 games really affects his chances to win the MVP? Allen Iverson won the award shooting 42% for the entire season. If Harden was shooting that, people would be bitching saying "Why the **** is this guy an MVP canditate" or things like that.
    ......Yes?

Since when does the final stretch of the season not matter in the MVP race? Especially in one as closely contested as this one with Curry, Harden, Lebron all serious contenders? And in a conference as brutal is this one where the seeding comes down to the final game? Even last year when Durant was destroying the league and looked like an unquestionable favorite, Lebron made it a conversation with his play to end the year.

It absolutely should matter that Harden's shooting like it's the playoffs.
    Also, I'm talking about VALUE to the team. Take Harden off of the Rockets and where would they be? Probably up there competing for a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft. Yeah the guys around him aren't scrubs by any means, but you take Harden off and everything changes. Stupid turnovers, less points, etc. He's really our only real playmaker on the team. 2nd best might be Josh Smith or Prigioni.
    NO SHIT. Dude is a ball-dominant, hybrid playmaking and scoring guard with bad defense. He needs the ball in his hands to control everything and he needs a quality defense around him, or else his style of play is not optimized. No shit they're gonna surround him with shooters and defenders.

Harden's supporting cast is just fine and you Rockets "fans" need to stop shitting on it every chance you get. It's really not as bad as you think. It really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan

MVP doesn't go to shitty teams, goes to the best player on the best team aka Alpha Male Curry
    Never denied that. Read the first line in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    ......Yes?

Since when does the final stretch of the season not matter in the MVP race? Especially in one as closely contested as this one with Curry, Harden, Lebron all serious contenders? Even last year when Durant was destroying the league Lebron made it a conversation with his play last year.

It absolutely should matter that Harden's shooting like it's the playoffs.NO SHIT. Dude is a ball-dominant, hybrid playmaking and scoring guard with bad defense. He needs the ball in his hands to control everything and he needs a quality defense around him, or else his style of play is not optimized. No shit they're gonna surround him with shooters and defenders.

Harden's supporting cast is just fine and you Rockets "fans" need to stop shitting on it every chance you get. It's really not as bad as you think. It really isn't.
    Does it still take him out the MVP race though? He's still been putting up big numbers and they're resulting in wins. Again, look at the picture in the OP. Jones, probably our 3rd player when healthy has missed 40+ games. Howard, our 2nd best player, has missed close to 40. Beverley, the starting pg, has missed close to 20. So many injuries to key players on the Rockets and they've still won 50 games with 9 more left. You were one of those guys who said they wouldn't even make the playoffs. You said they'd be lucky

You still think Harden's defense is BAD? It's definitely improved. I'd say it's average, but it's for sure not at all bad. People are still living in that same old narrative. Also, where did I say his cast was shit. Stop twisting my words. I said the cast around him is actually good. Smh.

Banned

How exactly does the postseason and field goal percentage correlate to winning a regular season MVP? Wins and value added to your team is what matters the most. Without Harden this team would be in the hunt for Karl Anthony-Towns and Jahlil Okafor.

Dude is shooting 39% his last 20 games. He literally has not shot 50% ONCE in the past 20 games

That one time we got to see the Rockets minus Harden? His team full of "scrubs" went toe to toe with Atlanta pretty much the whole game while his fat dirty ass was suspended for kicking a dude in the balls.

And hold up....Houston is a top 10 defense. Is Harden doing that? Or are the Rockets 3 points better defensively with Harden OFF the floor?

GOAT ISH poster

the cast around him is actually good. Smh.
    End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan

Are you sure? If you shoot with the volume he did, no way you'll shoot a high percentage.

End of discussion.
    I never denied it. You're twisting my words like a bitch. I've said this probably a million times already that his cast really isn't shit but I keep having to repeat myself since your retarded ignorant ass can't put in words in your head

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlakFrankWhite
    Harden vs Washington

24 pts...7-18 FG....9-10 FT
    7-20 actually

I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Are you sure? If you shoot with the volume he did, no way you'll shoot a high percentage.
    iverson would get freethrows out the ass. look at westbrook and harden. dude would live at the line

Quote Originally Posted by dontgetchoked
    iverson would get freethrows out the ass. look at westbrook and harden. dude would live at the line
    Westbrook and Harden are still inefficient from the field.

42% and 44%

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Westbrook and Harden are still inefficient from the field.

42% and 44%

In my opinion it's safe to say that Prime Allen Iverson's FG% would rise a few points if he got to play in the no hand check era.

Dude is shooting 39% his last 20 games. He literally has not shot 50% ONCE in the past 20 games

That one time we got to see the Rockets minus Harden? His team full of "scrubs" went toe to toe with Atlanta pretty much the whole game while his fat dirty ass was suspended for kicking a dude in the balls.

And hold up....Houston is a top 10 defense. Is Harden doing that? Or are the Rockets 3 points better defensively with Harden OFF the floor?
    This. Houston fans constantly undervaluing their players and coach to push this Harden4mvp nonsense. Not to mention the 4 tos a game and horrible shooting percentages. mvp my arse

Decent playground baller ScarSymmetry's Avatar

I agree.