Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: Kawhi Leonard: longer wingspan than Andrew Bynum and hands of Shaq?

I'm so glad the Spurs got Kawhi Leonard, such an elite defender, huge upgrade from Richard Jeff

Couldn't be happier with him. Exceeded all expectations we had this season. First rookie to come in and be a Playoff starter since Tony Parker.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

People don't realize how big tools like this are. All of the elite players in NBA history for the most part have a physical tool above and beyond peers such as this. Wade and Jordan= huge hands for their size for example.

During the broadcast for game 3 they mentioned that Leonard needed custom sized boxing gloves.
    man.. Leonard is awesome, both his game and work ethic. The Spurs are lucky to have him, but also he is lucky to have the Spurs. Great fit bothways.
    Imagine a player like Nic Batum in Leonard's situation though, I think he would be a much better player than he is now in Portland. This are the types of players the spurs love, lengthy, strong, defensive wingplayers, who can knock down open shots every now and then.

In terms of defensive, Leonard fits the hole that's been there since Bowen retired. He's already better offensively though.

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    During the broadcast for game 3 they mentioned that Leonard needed custom sized boxing gloves.
    man.. Leonard is awesome, both his game and work ethic. The Spurs are lucky to have him, but also he is lucky to have the Spurs. Great fit bothways.
    Imagine a player like Nic Batum in Leonard's situation though, I think he would be a much better player than he is now in Portland. This are the types of players the spurs love, lengthy, strong, defensive wingplayers, who can knock down open shots every now and then.

In terms of defensive, Leonard fits the hole that's been there since Bowen retired. He's already better offensively though.
    Also Leonard can keep up with quick pg's. Batum is not that quick on his feet to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Also Leonard can keep up with quick pg's. Batum is not that quick on his feet to do that.
    True. I would definitely take Leonard over Batum when it comes to guarding PG's. Both are extremely versatile because of their quickness, instinct and long arms. I mentioned Batum because I know he was high on the Spurs wish list. With the acquisition of Jackson and Diaw, as well as drafting Kawhi, I think he's of that list now. He would've been a tremendous fit for them though.

quite a steal for Spurs. im impressed with his hand size though.

Saw a basketball once

Leonard has monstrous hands for sure. He also has very long arms. At the predraft measurements he had a 7'3" wingspan and sport science has it at 7'3.75".
    I highly doubt Andrew Bynum has a wingspan less than 7'4". We don't have a recorded version of Bynum's wingspan, but very few NBA players 7 feet barefeet have arms that short.

This was very amateurish. Around the 15 second mark it says he "But Leonard is 5" shorter than The Laker's centre". While listing their heights as 6'7" and 7"2" which is a 7" difference.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Just another great draft pick by the Spurs. Basically any time you can grab a guy the Spurs were targeting you got a good player. We got Batum right before San Antonio could get him. I'd love to see how that team would utilize Batum. Leonard will be a fun player to watch grow.
    He was drafted by the Pacers.

Sport Science is riddled with inaccurate data. Those numbers aren't even the same as what Kawhi measured in the official NBA draft, and the same is true when they did an short on Tristan Thompson and several others over the past year or two. Kwahi's draft data is posted here:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=261350