Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Bulls needed scoring champ to win ring, but no one ever won scoring title/ring in yr

Magic, West, and Cousy are the only people to lead the league in assists and win a ring the same season. And they combined to do it only 4 times in their 12 title seasons. Doesnt mean they are the only people who could win rings on those teams. The two things are unrelated.

Rodman, Moses, Walton, Wilt, and Russell are the only people to lead in rebounds and win the title.

Kareem and Walton the only ones to ever lead it in blocks and win(No doubt Wilt or Russell would have as well)

Leader in 3s has only won 3 times(Steph twice and Bird once).

The steals leader has won 4 times(Draymond, Jordan, Magic, and Rick Barry)

All these things are lists of 3-5 people.

None of their teams could only have won with the players in question. Or if so....the specific stats they put up arent the only way to do it.

Jordan led the league in scoring because he decided to do it and Phil allowed it. He was allowed to go into games we had won and score 8-10 quick points for his 30. Its not a secret. Its not new information. He cared about it.

And so what if he did? He did it while winning so im not sure why it matters.

He could feel a need to lead the league in cartwheels for all I care. Long as we win the ring.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Bulls needed scoring champ to win ring, but no one ever won scoring title/ring in yr

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Rodman, Moses, Walton, Wilt, and Russell are the only people to lead in rebounds and win the title.

Kareem and Walton the only ones to ever lead it in blocks and win(No doubt Wilt or Russell would have as well)

Leader in 3s has only won 3 times(Steph twice and Bird once).

The steals leader has won 4 times(Draymond, Jordan, Magic, and Rick Barry)

All these things are lists of 3-5 people.

None of their teams could only have won with the players in question. Or if so....the specific stats they put up arent the only way to do it.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Jordan led the league in scoring because he decided to do it and Phil allowed it[/COLOR].
    your logic is 4th grade level:

Magic led the league in assists because he wanted to and his coach allowed it

Curry led the league in threes because he wanted to and his coach allowed it

Rodman led the league in rebounds because he wanted to and his coach allowed it

players can lead the league in anything just by wanting to!!!.. and apparently, MJ was the only guy that wanted to average 3-5 more than everyone in history - so it happened because he wanted it to!!...

obviously, you sound ignorant and shallow... So I'll set you straight.. Magic led everyone in apg because he's the best passer ever.. Curry led in threes because he's the best shooter ever.. it takes skill and ability to lead a category; desire isn't a factor because everyone (or most) want to be a league-leader - but only those with the requisite skill achieve it

Magic, West, and Cousy are the only people to lead the league in assists and win a ring the same season. And they combined to do it only 4 times in their 12 title seasons.

[COLOR="Darkred"]Doesnt mean they are the only people who could win rings on those teams. The two things are unrelated.[/COLOR]
    let's try it your way.... let's replace MJ in the 98' Finals with another player that averages less points and can't carry the record scoring burden (38% of team's points)

In this scenario, the bulls would need more from pippen, but you can't ask a struggling 15 on 41% shooter to shoot MORE... ditto for the entire 96-98 playoffs, where pippen averaged 17 on 40%.. The bulls needed jordan's goat scoring BECAUSE of this kind of weak help; a lesser scorer would've been the exact opposite of what they needed and resulted in certain defeat

Now let's look at the first 3-peat, where pippen achieved career highs.. In the 93' Finals, both teams averaged exactly 113.0 points and 106.7 ortg.. so every bit of mj's 41 was needed, and pippen/grant were already at capacity (21/9/8 and 15/11)... Pippen/Grant were also at capacity in 1992, so MJ's goat scoring was needed in those Finals too... Only in the 1991 Finals did the bulls have a cushion with grant playing below capacity and the series was a blowout due mostly to MJ's unprecedented offense.. Btw, the 92 ecf (the "real" Finals) was like the 2nd three-peat where pippen struggled, so pippen couldn't be asked to shoot more

Ultimately, the triangle had role players playing to capacity - that's the entire objective of the system - so MJ's goat scoring was needed, and no one else could score at that level except MJ

He could feel a need to lead the league in cartwheels for all I care. Long as we win the ring.
    ... I guess it's just your ignorance.. not much anyone can do for you

Ball movement is a better way to score and get role players shots because it wins more

But if you want to think that all scoring is the same, then go ahead.. you must be surprised at outcomes though, since you don't know what's going on

You think lebron/harden-ball is no different than curry/duncan-ball and it's just talent that wins right?... Okay.. carry on.. ur too lost for me .. but the results support my theory and not yours (this season is a case in point and has you in shambles)

He was allowed to go into games we had won and score 8-10 quick points for his 30. Its not a secret. Its not new information. He cared about it.

MJ never went back into games that were already won to get 8-10 more points - that's a troll and lie by you.. you're seeking attention or something with that lie

And don't post some one-off or some quote from dray n klay's book, I mean Sam smith

Show video footage of MJ going back into a decided game for an additional 8-10 points

Otherwise, stfu and ban yourself for lying
    Last edited by 3ball; 03-20-2019 at 05:47 PM.

11x All Star
    10x Scoring Champ
    3x STL Champ
    6x NBA Champ
    11x All-NBA
    9x All-Defensive
    1x All-Rookie
    3x AS MVP
    1x Def. POY
    6x Finals MVP
    5x MVP
    1x ROY

In only 11 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by LeCola
    11x All Star
    10x Scoring Champ
    3x STL Champ
    6x NBA Champ
    11x All-NBA
    9x All-Defensive
    1x All-Rookie
    3x AS MVP
    1x Def. POY
    6x Finals MVP
    5x MVP
    1x ROY

In only 11 seasons

Seriously though, how do you compete with that?

Jordan led the league in scoring because he decided to do it and Phil allowed it. He was allowed to go into games we had won and score 8-10 quick points for his 30. Its not a secret. Its not new information. He cared about it.

Great post, solid point.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one that remembers the quoted portion of your post. I bring it up anytime I hear stat padding about modern guys and get looks of disbelief.

11x All Star
    10x Scoring Champ
    3x STL Champ
    6x NBA Champ
    11x All-NBA
    9x All-Defensive
    1x All-Rookie
    3x AS MVP
    1x Def. POY
    6x Finals MVP
    5x MVP
    1x ROY

In only 11 seasons

Against?

Ether

Pre or post Pippen

Double ether

Ever had winning records vs Bird or Isaiah Thomas?

Tripe ether

Ever had a memorable Finals game in the top 5?

Quad ether

Thanks for playing

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Great post, solid point.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one that remembers the quoted portion of your post. I bring it up anytime I hear stat padding about modern guys and get looks of disbelief.
    MJ could score, sure. But it's all he cared about.

He literally won a final series averaging 4 reb and 2 assists. That's not made up (GOOGLE IT) and I highly doubt anybody else has ever done that.

AND he got outplayed in 96 very badly despite winning FMVP. Shawn ****ing Kemp had a higher game score than him

GOOGLE IT

'96 NBA Finals
    #exposed

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Seriously though, how do you compete with that?
    Against?

Ether

Pre or post Pippen

Double ether

Tripe ether

Quad ether

Thanks for playing

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation

Against? Lebron faced 3-4 star teams WITH 3-4 star teams, while MJ faced 2-star teams with 2-star teams.. so it's no different - lebron had an extra all-star to face his foes

Pre or post Pippen (lebron never won without 2 stars, while MJ won with just pippen

Ever had winning records vs Bird or Isaiah Thomas? Lebron has losing records to way more guys

Ever had a memorable Finals game in the top 5? MJ has far more legendary Finals games, and Finals

Quad ether

Thanks for playing
    Fixed

players can lead the league in anything just by wanting to!!!

Magic led the league in assists because he wanted to

Curry led the league in threes because he wanted to

Rodman led the league in rebounds because he wanted to

and MJ was the only guy that wanted to average 3-5 more than everyone in history - so it happened because he wanted it to!!...

^^^ that's obviously wrong... Magic led everyone in apg because he's the best passer ever.. Curry led in threes because he's the best shooter ever.. it takes skill and ability to lead a category; desire isn't a factor because everyone (or most) want to be a league-leader - but only those with the requisite skill achieve it

You guys are dumb as shit

I guess lebron averaged 27/7/7 because he wanted to... Anyone else could've done it but only lebron wanted to.. so only he did it. #ishdumbaf
    Last edited by 3ball; 03-20-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Against?

Ether

Pre or post Pippen

Double ether

Tripe ether

Quad ether

Thanks for playing
    Dude

11x All Star In only 11 seasons
    10x Scoring Champ In only 11 seasons
    3x STL Champ In only 11 seasons
    6x NBA Champ In only 11 seasons
    11x All-NBA In only 11 seasons
    9x All-Defensive In only 11 seasons
    1x All-Rookie In only 1 season
    3x AS MVP In only 11 AS Games
    1x Def. POY In only 11 seasons
    6x Finals MVP In only 6 Finals
    5x MVP In only 11 seasons
    1x ROY In only 1 season

Local High School Star

3Dissect running circles around Yawnblaze555 and TheCollusion

Dude :

11x All Star In only 11 seasons
    10x Scoring Champ In only 11 seasons
    3x STL Champ In only 11 seasons
    6x NBA Champ In only 11 seasons
    11x All-NBA In only 11 seasons
    9x All-Defensive In only 11 seasons
    1x All-Rookie In only 1 season
    3x AS MVP In only 11 AS Games
    1x Def. POY In only 11 seasons
    6x Finals MVP In only 6 Finals
    5x MVP In only 11 seasons
    1x ROY In only 1 season
    Yeahhhh

Remind me again who was defending him out on the perimeter?

John Starks?
    Jeff Hornacek
    Craig Ehlo

Please...

Quote Originally Posted by Nikola_
    3Dissect running circles around Yawnblaze555 and TheCollusion
    Not a chance

0-6 vs Bird and 1-9 vs Pippen can never be erased.

And dont get me started on his Finals opponents again...

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Fixed
    Nice fixing

Also Bird was a better player then Lebron annd Thomas was almost as good as Lebron. They were with contender teams while Jordan not playing with a contender team.

Bird:

12x All Star
    3x NBA Champ
    10x All-NBA
    3x All-Defensive
    1x All-Rookie
    1x AS MVP
    2x Finals MVP
    3x MVP
    1x ROY

In only 12 seasons...