Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default Terminating my support for Bran (With option to renew if he wins again)

As some of you know, I have been a proud, dedicated, loyal fan of the Miami Heat dating all the way back to their very first championship in the Big Three era.

But as the games went by in the 2014 finals, I began to realize something. I was living a lie and had been for some time. I wasn't really a Heat fan at all. No, deep down, I was a Spurs fan. Always had been. It's the team that is nearest and dearest to my heart and sometime around 2012 I somehow began to lose my way. I also had a brief flirtation with Dallas just prior to that but it was nothing serious. Just a passing fancy. And although my feelings at the time seemed genuine, I know now that I was just confused and going through a phase.

Anyway, as a proud, dedicated, loyal fan of the San Antonio Spurs there's just no way I can keep supporting Bran the way I did before. In fact, today I mailed him a letter because I needed to just pull the bandaid right off. I told him: I don't have the heart... to stan you...not the way you want me to.

And with that I officially terminated my support for him. There is a small clause at the bottom that just goes over some technical stuff, about my support being automatically reinstated if he returns to the finals again and wins, but that's all really just formality. I'm hereby done supporting James for good because I know that my allegiance is pledged and my commitment is made to the Spurs. My team for life. Again.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Re: Terminating my support for Bran (With option to renew if he wins again)

What if he goes to the Spurs though?

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Terminating my support for Bran (With option to renew if he wins again)

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    As some of you know, I have been a proud, dedicated, loyal fan of the Miami Heat dating all the way back to their very first championship in the Big Three era.

But as the games went by in the 2014 finals, I began to realize something. I was living a lie and had been for some time. I wasn't really a Heat fan at all. No, deep down, I was a Spurs fan. Always had been. It's the team that is nearest and dearest to my heart and sometime around 2012 I somehow began to lose my way. I also had a brief flirtation with Dallas just prior to that but it was nothing serious. Just a passing fancy. And although my feelings at the time seemed genuine, I know now that I was just confused and going through a phase.

Anyway, as a proud, dedicated, loyal fan of the San Antonio Spurs there's just no way I can keep supporting Bran the way I did before. In fact, today I mailed him a letter because I needed to just pull the bandaid right off. I told him: I don't have the heart... to stan you...not the way you want me to.

And with that I officially terminated my support for him. There is a small clause at the bottom that just goes over some technical stuff, about my support being automatically reinstated if he returns to the finals again and wins, but that's all really just formality. I'm hereby done supporting James for good because I know that my allegiance is pledged and my commitment is made to the Spurs. My team for life. Again.
    Stfu, either your a bron fan or you are not

Decent playground baller Lord Bean's Avatar

Agreed, I stopped being a fan of Lebron after he lost in game 5. I'll gladly become a fan of his when he starts winning again, but until then there's really no reason to root for the guy when there's a perfectly good championship team in San Antonio. I've always wanted to be an Anthony Davis fan, I can't wait till I can finally become a Pelican fan for life once they're winning.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    What if he goes to the Spurs though?

Look, I make decisions with my heart, and I go with them. I don't try and posture and concoct weird scenarios that position me more favorably. Ok? I'm not one of "those" guys. I can't predict where the chips are gonna fall and who is going to what team, but I've made my choice about who I'm bringing to the dance and dammit I'm gonna dance with her. I am a loyal guy. Yes, I do have a couple articles in my agreement that cover Lebron going to the Spurs, but that's not what this is about. This is about recognizing who my one, true, team for life is. So I'm not worrying about 'playing the angles' here. I am with the Spurs for good, period. Except in the event of a handful of unforeseeable scenarios. I am an old fashioned, loyal guy.

no 1 gives a shit

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bean
    Agreed, I stopped being a fan of Lebron after he lost in game 5. I'll gladly become a fan of his when he starts winning again, but until then there's really no reason to root for the guy when there's a perfectly good championship team in San Antonio. I've always wanted to be an Anthony Davis fan, I can't wait till I can finally become a Pelican fan for life once they're winning.

Agreed bro, I'm actually very intrigued and excited by the prospect of being loyal to him since day 1 in a few years.

A very mentally weak, LeBron-esque thing to do. You know, to quit then go somewhere else.

"It's just basketball man"

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    A very mentally weak, LeBron-esque thing to do. You know, to quit then go somewhere else.

"It's just basketball man"

I mean at the end of the day, Im supporting the best team, the best organization in the game right now and all these others fans have to go home to they same teams, same lack of draft picks, same cap problems. I mean, I aint even supposed to be here right now, my dad was a fan of the sonics. I aint even supposed to be here right now and my team is holding up the Larry OBrien trophy.

I aint got no worries.

Banned

huh? do whatever you want

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

LMAO ive been waiting for this post/thread for so long. where bandwagoners return to their original teams. such a shame it had to take 2/5 to make it happen

NBA All-star

I rule the local playground

dating all the way back to their very first championship in the Big Three era.
    lol good one....

National High School Star

Only problem is Bran doesn't even care

College star

1/10