Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stan Van Gundy still hoping to keep Greg Monroe

The Pistons

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Stan Van Gundy still hoping to keep Greg Monroe

I know it has no legs, but a rumor has started of a double S+T between Bledsoe and Monroe.

Suns already have Dragic, and just signed Isaiah - so you can understand why they are not willing to give Bledsoe a max deal... Monroe would fill a huge hole in that offense.

Bledsoe to the Pistons - would love it, if we can find someone to take Jennings...

And further, I was reading up on how the Blazers were apparently REAL close to pulling the trigger on a Batum for Monroe move... Damn it,

**I don't want Monroe gone - I just don't want both Smith and Moose together again**

Decent college freshman

Monroe for Batum would have been sick

Bledsoe for Monroe is a pipe dream. Phoenix has the cap space to sign both. They have no motivation to do a sign and trade. They don't need Moose bad enough. If we match, we match. They might throw us Markief Morris to appease us if we're lucky. Phoenix is the worst place he could go. He needs to get interest from a team with no cap room.

Yes Amen to getting Batum,

And even though Bleacher Report are a bunch of scrubs, would you guys pull the trigger on any of these potential Josh Smith moves?
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...sh-smith-trade

I feel like a might do the first one, Green is a better SF than smith (Not better player, but better SF!) and would Monroe would be a better PF with Green at SF rather than Smith - meaning we improve at both positions. Plus a first rounder is always nice...

The Bennett and Thompson one is interesting......

Decent college freshman

The first two and Sacramento make sense. Phoenix would laugh, so would NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    The first two and Sacramento make sense. Phoenix would laugh, so would NO.
    Wait... You think Eric Gordon has more value than Smith? I wouldn't do this trade, at all...

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Wait... You think Eric Gordon has more value than Smith? I wouldn't do this trade, at all...
    NO has Anderson,Asik and Davis up front, so maybe laugh wasn't the right word, but they have nowhere to play Smith.

NO has Anderson,Asik and Davis up front, so maybe laugh wasn't the right word, but they have nowhere to play Smith.
    Ahh yep - I see where you were coming from... I like the front court rotation they have, Asik and Anderson pretty much completely opposite game styles that can allow Davis to shine as a true superstar... They did very well here, if they can get that Holiday / Gordon / Evans / Rivers back court sorted, they will be a very devastating team in the years to come...

Decent college freshman

When they had Holliday-Gordon-Evans-Anderson-Davis all together on the floor last year, they were statistically dominant.

Decent college freshman

Didn't know where to put this, but found it interesting.

Augustin - 11th among all PGs in TS%

Meeks -5th in TS% among all SGs

Martin - 15th in TS% among all SFs

Butler was something like 46th, an improvement over Smith,but nothing special.

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2014/7...gent-selection

Shows you that SVG had a plan at least.

Yeah he sure did, we will see if it pays off...

In other news, hating how Aminu was had for 2 years for 2 mill.... This was a guy we were seriously looking at taking instead of Monroe in that years draft...

I would have loved that contract - he is a great athlete and still just 23.. Not a shooter, but showed glimpses of elite defensive potential...

I mean, 2 mill for 2 years... Come on,

Decent college freshman

He's been terrible his whole career, he's not better than Jerebko and we can't afford to add non shooters on the perimeter. No interest at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Yeah he sure did, we will see if it pays off...

In other news, hating how Aminu was had for 2 years for 2 mill.... This was a guy we were seriously looking at taking instead of Monroe in that years draft...

I would have loved that contract - he is a great athlete and still just 23.. Not a shooter, but showed glimpses of elite defensive potential...

I mean, 2 mill for 2 years... Come on,
    I'm in agreement. To have that type of defender for 2 mil a year. A great player to take off the bench if you need to put some pressure on the other team. I'm sure he's a better option than Cartier Martin. I don't even know when Martin is going to get PT on this team. I'd rather have a better defender come off the bench than the stock pile of shooters we have going.

Shooters:
    Meeks, KCP, Butler, Martin, Singler, Datome, Jerebko, Augustin.

Defenders:
    KCP, Smith, Drummond.

Quite the disparity.

Decent college freshman

None of Drummond,SMith,Monroe space the floor. If you have two of those guys out there, the other 3 need to be shooters. Much like the Clippers.

None of Drummond,SMith,Monroe space the floor. If you have two of those guys out there, the other 3 need to be shooters. Much like the Clippers.
    You can only have 3 other players on the court if 2 of those guys are out there. Much like every other team in the league.