Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

First off: he gets a lot of cheap calls because of his flailing limbs and sht.

But last year, he averaged 28.0ppg on 49.6/38.7/86.0 (61%TS) with 7.6 free throws per game.

Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Only people who are insecure about their favorite player. In other words Lebron, Kobe or Melo fans.

Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

People are just overreacting to the latest Melo hot streak and bashing Durant because they are "scoring rivals".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    People are just overreacting to the latest Melo hot streak and bashing Durant because they are "scoring rivals".
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by mjokc
    Only people who are insecure about their favorite player. In other words Lebron, Kobe or Melo fans.
    I'm a Lebron fan, but I'm not overly unrealistic.

I think you're looking for Lebron, Kobe or Melo stans.

Great college starter

lebron is so much better than Durant his "stans" shouldn't have to worry about Durant...Melo and Kobe stans are another story considering Durant is better than both of them

Quote Originally Posted by esiotrot
    I'm a Lebron fan, but I'm not overly unrealistic.

I think you're looking for Lebron, Kobe or Melo stans.
    Yeah sorry, that was a bad generalization on my part. I know there are dumb KD stans too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    lebron is so much better than Durant his "stans" shouldn't have to worry about Durant...Melo and Kobe stans are another story considering Durant is better than both of them
    I agree that Lebron is better, but that doesn't mean that Lebron stans aren't insecure if you DARE say that KD is better at something than Lebron.

Yeah sorry, that was a bad generalization on my part. I know there are dumb KD stans too.
    The funny this is, in my six months of lurking, I've only seen one Durant stan (28renyoy/Joyner). And I haven't seen any Melo stans. They're usually just New York Knicks fans enthusiastic about their team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Probably, but unfortunately most people are just stupid on here.

Durant goes to the line less than 1 more time than the likes of Kobe and Melo.

Durant shoots 9.4 free throws per game.

Kobe shoots 7.7 and Melo shoots 7.6

So everyone think about that for a second. That means that Durant, on average, draws a little less than 1 more shooting foul per game than comparable scorers. Harden goes to the line more often. Drawing fouls is part of being a great scorer.

Love him or hate him, I think anyone without a huge bias would at least admit he's really good a drawing fouls. So I don't think it's that unreasonable for a guy like Durant to go to the free throw line roughly 1 more time per game than some of the other elite scorers in the league.

I know, logic just sucks.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

So everyone think about that for a second. That means that Durant, on average, draws a little less than 1 more shooting foul per game than comparable scorers. Harden goes to the line more often. Drawing fouls is part of being a great scorer.

Love him or hate him, I think anyone without a huge bias would at least admit he's really good a drawing fouls. So I don't think it's that unreasonable for a guy like Durant to go to the free throw line roughly 1 more time per game than some of the other elite scorers in the league.

Would rep. People are so ****ing stupid. Apparently Durant only scores like he does because of free throws, but Kobe and Melo, who only go to the line 1 time less and that's irrelevant. ISH is so ****ing retarded..

Top 1 Bball Mind.

9.4 - 7.7 = 1.7

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    9.4 - 7.7 = 1.7
    And you get two free throws per every trip to the line.

Hence roughly 1 more trip to the free throw line.

And you get two free throws per every trip to the line.

Hence roughly 1 more trip to the free throw line.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    9.4 - 7.7 = 1.7
    HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR