Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Default Re: Was LeBron's 3 before Ray's 3 the most forgotten clutch shot in NBA finals history?

Iirc he missed the three pointer just before ray's shot, which is what lead to the infamous rebound and game tying three. LeBron was 1/3 in like the last minute or so. The shot is forgotten and it's not necessarily a crime. Making 1/3 shots in the clutch is not usually defined as "clutch."

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Default Re: Was LeBron's 3 before Ray's 3 the most forgotten clutch shot in NBA finals history?

funny thing is he missed his first shot so badly (air ball) .......and that was the reason they got the offensive rebound (miller) before hitting the three and cut it to two points...if his shot was better...spurs are the champs.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

People rarely remember the shot before the shot.

Before MJ's shot over Craig Ehlo, Jordan had hit a go-ahead shot with about 6 seconds left, and Ehlo made a go ahead shot with 3 seconds left. Ehlo was hurt and had something like 15 4th quarter points, he was playing better than anyone other than MJ in that quarter.

Byron Scott made a huge shot with about 45 seconds left to cut the Pistons lead to 1 in game 6 of the 1988 finals, the one with Isiah's sprained ankle and 25 point 4th quarter. Then came the controversial foul call on Bill Laimbeer on Kareem's sky hook.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, nigguh! There's only one The Shot, and this is it:

Ray Allen's shot was better though

Local High School Star

People ignore Lebron's 16 points in the 4th as well. It was all because of Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing

MJ's won a series. Ray Ray's just extended one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Duncan's shot before Derrick Fisher's 0.4 shot probably is. Sooo ****ing clutch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSnAvhvfniw

(at least from recent eras)

edit: wasn't in the finals tho, my bad

How about kobes possible game winner before duncan and fishers

Hmmm

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    MJ's won a series. Ray Ray's just extended one.

Jordans shot won a meangless series in a year he didnt win anything

Ray allens shot saved the nba finals and lebrons career

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I swore Lebron James won finals mvp not ray allen.Ray allen is garbage anyways, always ring chasing and had zero points in game seven.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Eggs coming out of my bun. Ya dig partna

Very good NBA starter

Not so much fogotten as buried in a heap of choke rubble...

Last edited by Magic 32; 05-24-2015 at 07:05 PM.

^ This. Lebron had a great 4th quarter to bring the Heat back, but then he turned the ball over a couple times allowing the Spurs to get the lead back and missed two three pointers, however his teammates got the rebound both times.

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

Of course, I'll never forget the shot that led to Ray Allen's bail-out shot. If Lebron doesn't hit the shot, Ray Allen would have had to make two shots in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    It was. Not gonna lie. GOAT gonna GOAT but ray's shot is the best I've ever seen (saved Bron's career) and I've been watching this game longer than most on here have been alive.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HelterSkelter
    I'm sure more than 80% doesn't remember it... I'd bet haters will even search the play-by-play of that game.

And don't say it's not a clutch shot. They were facing elimination, down 5, and 28 seconds left.

(I'M NOT A LEBRON FAN OR STAN. NOT EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T HATE HIM IS.)
    He missed a wide open three and then got the ball back and hit one. gotta hit eventually