Default Say you were a top 2 pick...

and the first two teams were the wolves and lakers (same as this year), assuming all else equal(coaching, teammates since both are equally shit teams to be in the lottery), where the only difference being the city's spotlight and excitement which city would you rather play for?
    I myself would probably be in the minority and choose the wolves, because I think unless you are a once in a life time thing like lebron, you cant be sure that you will work out in the nba. and if you arent good and dont live up to the hype in LA, the pressure would be enormous, even if you were mentally strong, i think its more likely that you will be developed as the franchise player in somewhere like the wolves as opposed to LA which only looks to win asap and would probably ship your ass out. Yeah i get the nightlife shit, but I doubt it makes a huge difference for million dollar athletes.

Default Re: Say you were a top 2 pick...

I already live in Minneapolis so I'd probably stay here

I don't like huge cities tbqh

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    and the first two teams were the wolves and lakers (same as this year), assuming all else equal(coaching, teammates since both are equally shit teams to be in the lottery), where the only difference being the city's spotlight and excitement which city would you rather play for?
    I myself would probably be in the minority and choose the wolves, because I think unless you are a once in a life time thing like lebron, you cant be sure that you will work out in the nba. and if you arent good and dont live up to the hype in LA, the pressure would be enormous, even if you were mentally strong, i think its more likely that you will be developed as the franchise player in somewhere like the wolves as opposed to LA which only looks to win asap and would probably ship your ass out. Yeah i get the nightlife shit, but I doubt it makes a huge difference for million dollar athletes.
    You sound like a textbook beta.

Everything being equal, of course you choose LA, and if it was a choice, of course you choose LA.

BUT

this year's scenario, Minny looks pretty damn good, and for a new player can be AT WORST a great place to cut your teeth before seeking greener pastures in FA.

If only you got to choose lol. You better take the mother ****ing money and go wherever you want during your 4 month offseason.

I'd pick LA though because **** cold weather.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    You sound like a textbook beta.

Everything being equal, of course you choose LA, and if it was a choice, of course you choose LA.

BUT

this year's scenario, Minny looks pretty damn good, and for a new player can be AT WORST a great place to cut your teeth before seeking greener pastures in FA.
    and you sound like you never opened a textbook before, unless you knew you were a sure thing whos going to be great, shouldnt you play it safe? Yeah, go to LA where they will probably consider packing you for anthony if you dont live up to expectations huh? both have its benefits

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    and you sound like you never opened a textbook before, unless you knew you were a sure thing whos going to be great, shouldnt you play it safe? Yeah, go to LA where they will probably consider packing you for anthony if you dont live up to expectations huh? both have its benefits

murder

Golden State Aster*sks

you can be a star in Minnesota and still won't be known in the League

or you can be Adam Morrison or Luke Walton and become a household name in Los Angeles and bang supermodels and hang out with Jack Nicholson

Quote Originally Posted by Taller than CP3

or you can be Adam Morrison or Luke Walton and become a household name in Los Angeles and bang supermodels and hang out with Jack Nicholson
    Yeah, KG wasn't well known when he won MVP

Good High School Starter Bernkastel's Avatar

They don't have water in California; it's almost third world.

Golden State Aster*sks

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Yeah, KG wasn't well known when he won MVP

When KG won MVP, I'd compare his popularity to Rick Fox on the Lakers at the time.

Rick Fox was banging Vanessa Williams. What kind of ***** was KG tapping in Minnesota?

That's the difference between your shitty city and Los Angeles.

When KG won MVP, I'd compare his popularity to Rick Fox on the Lakers at the time. Rick Fox was banging Vanessa Williams.

That's the difference between your shitty city and Los Angeles.
    My city is St. Louis, dude, this is just my current location.

Golden State Aster*sks

My city is St. Louis, dude
    No, it's not.

this is just my current location.
    You said it yourself.

depends though, the franchise player of the wolves make way more than the likes of morrison and walton, this isnt one of the cases where being more famous gets you more money. and usually it takes time and opportunity to actually develop into a great player in the nba, if you wanted to go to LA, fine, but I would wait until my rookie contract is up. and these people are rich af anyway, they dont need to be in la to pull a hot chick.

Lakers without a doubt. If you don't want the spotlight you shouldn't be in the NBA.

Lakers have a much richer history than the T-Wolves, higher budget, more media exposure, etc...