Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Default Re: I just bet 7k on the Heat beating the Bulls

AMEN RBA

let me also add this, as a Mavs fan I don't need to explain why i hate the Heat really...I hated them well before this BS super team formed...IMO even without Bron, Wade goes against what the NBA is supposed to be.

That isn't how the game of basketball was ment to be played

-Bill Russell after watching Wade shoot 100 free throws in the 2006 Finals

his style of play..."go for the foul"...IS F*CKING GARBAGE!!!...it ruins the game, it makes the game unbareable to watch, it is NOT how this game is supposed to be

a FOUL is not supposed to be something you shoot for in sports...that style is just....PISS

F*CK WADE

F*CK BRON

F*CK BOSH

F*CK THAT WHOLE TEAM

F*CK THEIR FANS (most of them)

F*CK THE CITY OF MIAMI

F*CK STERN

F*CK WHISTLES

F*CK REFS

F*CK WILL SMITH

F*CK THE DOLPHINS TOO

AND F*CK YOUR GOD DAMN COUCH B*TCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by -playmaker-
    AMEN RBA

let me also add this, as a Mavs fan I don't need to explain why i hate the Heat really...I hated them well before this BS super team formed...IMO even without Bron, Wade goes against what the NBA is supposed to be.

his style of play..."go for the foul"...IS F*CKING GARBAGE!!!...it ruins the game, it makes the game unbareable to watch, it is NOT how this game is supposed to be

a FOUL is not supposed to be something you shoot for in sports...that style is just....PISS

F*CK WADE

F*CK BRON

F*CK BOSH

F*CK THAT WHOLE TEAM

F*CK THE CITY OF MIAMI

F*CK STERN

F*CK WHISTLES

F*CK REFS

F*CK WILL SMITH

F*CK THE DOLPHINS TOO

I have always hated the Mavs and I was pissed as hell when they eliminated the blazers and I lost the avy bet, but after watching the rest of the playoffs unfold, I am rooting for the mavs and wearing this avatar proudly. Dirk, Kidd and friends really deserve to win a championship. Go Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by -playmaker-
    AMEN RBA

F*CK WADE

F*CK BRON

F*CK BOSH

F*CK THAT WHOLE TEAM

F*CK THE CITY OF MIAMI

F*CK STERN

F*CK WHISTLES

F*CK REFS

F*CK WILL SMITH

F*CK THE DOLPHINS TOO

I notice you didn't specifically mention Spoelstra. I'm not sure how you feel about him, but I actually like him a bit. The way he handled all the drama earlier in the season was admirable.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    So much for easy money.
    3-1 Miami....Easy money.

Quote Originally Posted by Reef
    I hope you weren't too attached to that 7k.
    His 7k is pregnant, its about to give birth.

wow what a smartass

College superstar

RedBlackAttack just dicked all over this thread. Nicely done

I don't get all the crying either, but I guess people need to make villains out of a team/person in all sports so they have something to direct all their frustrations towards. "Oh boohoo, the Heat have Wade, LBJ and Bosh. It's not fair! The Lakers had Kobe and Gasol. It wasn't fair! The Lakers had Kobe and Shaq. It wasn't fair! The Celtics had Allen, Garnett and Pierce. It wasn't fair!" Come on, get over it. My team hasn't even made it to the Finals in over 30 years, and hell, they've only been out of the 1st round once in the past 30 years (well, after they fail next season, then it'll be 30 years), but you don't see me crying about it.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    I don't get all the crying either, but I guess people need to make villains out of a team/person in all sports so they have something to direct all their frustrations towards. "Oh boohoo, the Heat have Wade, LBJ and Bosh. It's not fair! The Lakers had Kobe and Gasol. It wasn't fair! The Lakers had Kobe and Shaq. It wasn't fair! The Celtics had Allen, Garnett and Pierce. It wasn't fair!" Come on, get over it. My team hasn't even made it to the Finals in over 30 years, and hell, they've only been out of the 1st round once in the past 30 years (well, after they fail next season, then it'll be 30 years), but you don't see me crying about it.
    Clippers?

College superstar

Come on man the Lakers and Celtics can't be compared to the Heat.

Lakers got Shaq in free agency and it was just a smart move to trade for Kobe Bryant who developed into the player he is today. Jerry West was the mastermind behind that.

Celtics again brought those 3 players in through trades and they all were 30+ years old and on the decline. Rondo was also drafted.

The Gasol trade while being lopsided was because the Grizzlies were looking for a salary dump which is what L.A could offer and this was still done through a trade.

The Heat are a team constructed from players who had an idea to join forces. Even if it means taking less money. They sold themselves out.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    They haven't been tested by an aging Boston team with Rondo hanging his arm around like he's Woody from Toy Story and a Chicago team who struggles to score because they only have one consistent threat offensively every night and even he doesn't shoot a great percentage. We have yet to see what happens if they get to Dallas but the competitive balance still exists in the league. Most people would have probably picked the Lakers to beat the Heat in the finals if they didn't stink up the first round and get booted.

And I would also like to see Wade vs Lebron in the playoffs but I don't think this team is ruining the integrity of the game or anything like that. That will only happen if they win 6 rings in a row which wont happen and even if it did they would not be looked down upon historically once time has past for people to get over their hurt feelings.

There have been stacked/great teams in the past but the only difference now is the way this team was formed and I don't really have a problem with it.
    Let me explain to you the differences between stacked/great teams of years past and this particular incarnation...

First of all, never -- in the history of the NBA -- have the two best players in the league decided to team-up in their absolute primes. This is a first, so any comparison to other 'stacked' teams is futile.

But, if you are going to do it...

I assume you are going to immediately point to the Celtics and Lakers of the 80s as references to other 'stacked' teams, because there certainly isn't a modern equivalent to what they have done. Here is the difference...

A. The league was smaller and all teams were more 'stacked' then than they are now. It is just the nature of expansion. When you add teams, the talent is going to be spread out a bit more.

B. They had to compete against each other. Also, there were other 'stacked' teams out there like the Sixers, Rockets, Pistons, etc. There wasn't one superteam and the rest of the league built conventionally, like what we currently have.

C. Those teams grew together to become powerhouses. You got to see real teams go through the ups-and-downs, Yeah, Magic and KAJ's Lakers won the title his rookie year, but he was still very young, not in his prime yet, and he had some 'downs' that came in ensuing seasons.

The same went for the Celtics... And certainly the Pistons. Those were real teams that were mostly built through the draft and you got to see them grow together and overcome obstacles together.

It wasn't just a bunch of guys thrown together in their primes for the explicit purpose of making championship runs easy, which James already admitted before the season started that this is what these guys expected... And it has worked out that way, thus far.

EDIT: I see that Jackass actually compared the recent Lakers and Celtics team to this Heat squad... Not even close to comparable situations. It is an old custom for players that are past their primes to join forces and attempt to win a title together in their last few remaining years. I have no problem with that...

Didn't when the '07 Celtics did it... Didn't when the Malone, Payton Lakers did it... Didn't when the Pippen, Barkley Rockets did it. Why? Because -- using history as a gauge, old veterans teaming up to make a push usually doesn't work and it certainly doesn't f#ck up the competitive balance.

That Celtics team just happened to mesh perfectly and it had parts that fit together unbelievably well. They didn't do it on talent alone.

It is quite different for three guys as good as LBJ/Wade/Bosh in their primes to do it.

The Kobe/Gasol Lakers were a good team, but come on. You don't see the difference between a borderline playoff team adding an elite big man -- but certainly not a Top 5 player in the NBA -- to become a championship team... And what this Miami team has done?

Look, I knew for a long time that James might leave Cleveland. I'm totally beyond it and excited for the draft this year... It is actually sort of exciting when your team is rebuilding and the future is unknown. The Cavaliers are at a very interesting point in their history right now and there are a lot of unknowns... And I'm good with it.

Living with the constant threat of James leaving and that contract always hanging over the city's head was pretty miserable, as much fun as it was having him in town for seven years. I would like to build a real team that isn't so dependent on one guy and we have the opportunity to do that with all of these draft picks. I didn't like the way he went about the whole free agency thing, but that is water under the bridge.

This isn't about all of that. The life-long NBA fan in me just cringes at what I've seen with these guys coming together and how easy things have been in these playoffs. It feels so completely manufactured to me.

I mean, James and Wade still don't play seamlessly together and their offense is still a complete work in progress, but they can simply overwhelm teams with talent... And that was my greatest fear when these guys came together because, to me, that isn't what it should be about.

Yeah, maybe if these guys were playing in the 80s when there was way less teams and a completely different CBA that didn't make it so difficult for these kind of teams to be built, it wouldn't be quite as outrageous. But, that isn't what we have, here... We have an NBA whose teams are built the way that the league intended and one team that bucked the system... And I'm supposed to just forget about all of that and say "a title is a title."

Sorry... I don't believe that and I never will.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 05-25-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Clippers?
    Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    The Heat are a team constructed from players who had an idea to join forces. Even if it means taking less money. They sold themselves out.
    What about when the Lakers added Payton and Malone? I don't see what's wrong with players moving to a team where they think they can win it all as opposed to staying in a place where they feel they can't win it all. The purpose is to win the championship so what's so wrong with players giving themselves the best opportunity to do so?
    Last edited by Jackass18; 05-25-2011 at 04:47 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

What about when the Lakers added Payton and Malone? I don't see what's wrong with players moving to a team where they think they can win it all as opposed to staying in a place where they feel they can't win it all. The purpose is to win the championship so what's so wrong with players giving themselves the best opportunity to do so?
    Malone and Payton were both well past their respective primes. The difference is as obvious as the nose on your face.

Come on, man. That comparison isn't even worth discussing.

So Wade/Lebron are supposed to potentially waste half a decade of their career and not win so they can get together when their 30 because then they are "allowed to cause they're vets? Or they could do what they did and have a much better chance of winning one or more rings.

Say what you will about their competitive spirits or whatever but it is nobodys place to say when they can team up because of some "unwritten rule." In their prime or past doesn't make a difference for me.