Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Local High School Star

Default Re: '93 Suns/'95 Rockets/'96 Sonics/'97 Jazz

[QUOTE=Bring-Your-Js]That's since been redefined by another player in another series. And honestly, both theories are pathetic excuses to disminish some of the greatest performances in playoff history. Why go there?

Can we also note that he had 24 Rebounds to SEATTLE'S 31 and that he had 10 on the offensive glass to SEATTLE'S 8

I hit 30-footers

Quote Originally Posted by NugzHeat3
    Oh so you ignore the fact that the Suns needed a HORRIFIC call to get past the Lakers?

They should've never faced Seattle anyway so I don't care much about Barkley's performances sorry.

He was inconsistent those playoffs too. People always mention the 40/20 and the 40 point triple double but he had some terrible games in the Seattle series for an "MVP'". A young Shawn Kemp had a couple of huge games in that series too and we all know why he did.

The only reason he went off against San Antonio in the last two games was because Carr got injured and they didn't have anybody to defend him. Carr forced him away from the paint shooting perimeter jumpers and Robinson was in the paint as a shot blocker.

You have any excuse for his Suns getting bailed out by the Lakers?

I'd love to hear that. Downright pathetic.

Way to take the topic in about five different directions in one post.

It was an honest mistake, not a HORRIFIC call with malicious intent like many of your condescending posts. Every other post you make is about what would've/should've/could've happened and its changing nothing. Chances are good you could nitpick quite a few close games, find a questionable call, assume everything else would've played out the exact same way and cry foul.

Who said anything about the San Antonio series? Barkley was at a height disadvantage in most of his games in the NBA and Carr played him exceptionally well in that series save for one game. Barkley didn't even shoot particularly well in Game 6, but as was the case in a lot of his poor shooting games, he could still find ways to contribute I.e. rebounding of course. We know he wasnt a great defender and the same could be said for others. He makes up for it quite well by being one of the most efficient scorers ever as well as dominating the boards, playmaking skills, etc etc. I don't understand the hate here.

For what its worth, the Suns had "nobody" to defend Robinson or Olajuwon in 94-95 either. You know they had nobody to defend MJ because you smeared his first 3peat in another thread: ("That's what happens when you face the 91 Lakers and 93 Suns ")

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Bring-Your-Js
    For what its worth, the Suns had "nobody" to defend Robinson or Olajuwon in 94-95 either. You know they had nobody to defend MJ because you smeared his first 3peat in another thread: ("That's what happens when you face the 91 Lakers and 93 Suns ")… There was nobody to guard Shaq in 2000-2002, nobody to guard Wade this year (40yr old Kidd?).. In theory, there shouldve been nobody to guard Lebron either.

End of the day, it is what it is and you still have to perform. Feels like every great performance is marred or void by some silly bullshit on here these days.

(I) fukk with your soul like ether
    (Will) Teach you the king you know you
    (Not) "God's son" across the belly
    (Lose) I prove you lost already

All kinds of OWNAGE right there.

Banned

96' Sonics
    95' Rockets
    93' Suns
    97' Jazz

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield
    96' Sonics
    95' Rockets
    93' Suns
    97' Jazz

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Audio One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    1988-93 Barkley was as good as 94 and 95 Hakeem.

Decent playground baller coolhandsteve's Avatar

Tough one, any one team could beat the other but I say:

'96 Sonics (that defense tho)
    '93 Suns
    '95 Rockets
    '97 Jazz