Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Pistons 2016 Offseason Moves

At this point I don't worry about it much lol. The Pistons have had one of the highest payrolls in the NBA for a few years. They obviously don't care if they throw money away. I just realized that we had the highest payroll in the league currently. I guess we're investing for the future.

Decent college freshman

haha, either way the Trey Freemans of the world won't make or break them

NBA lottery pick

The Pistons made another big signing today!!!! Nikola Jovanovic.
    http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/09/16/...bcs&yptr=yahoo

It's really just for their D-League team.

NBA lottery pick

Seeing all of these rumors that San Antonio might move Aldridge really makes you think. We have pieces like Harris, Morris, and KCP we could move. A LMA and Drummond front court would be killer. One would think Cleveland could offer Love and that might be a better deal. I would also think the Spurs would probably want a draft pick or two.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

I would love Alridge, and would be happy to turn harris, Morris, first round draft picks into him - but at this stage I think KCP almost needs to be a non-trade type of player. He is the heart and soul / identity of this team - continues to add to his game each year, and could become one of the better 2-guards in the league in the next year or two.

Yes Aldridge >>> KCP, but you have to wonder - how many good years does Aldridge have? He is 31 years old

Where as Dre is what, 22? and KCP, 24? I think we need to keep those two together unless the deal was insanely too good to refuse

But mate I hear ya, if Spurs are thinking about shopping Aldridge Pistons need to have a big sniff at that...

NBA lottery pick

KCP could end up not being a Piston at the end of this season... and with guys like Bullock and Gbinjie who knows what might happen. Plus they can play Johnson at the 2 if they really need. I would hate to give him up like that but if they think they can't retain him I'd take Aldridge for a few years to try to contend. It's not like he's on a long deal.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Seeing all of these rumors that San Antonio might move Aldridge really makes you think. We have pieces like Harris, Morris, and KCP we could move. A LMA and Drummond front court would be killer. One would think Cleveland could offer Love and that might be a better deal. I would also think the Spurs would probably want a draft pick or two.
    No

also Love is better

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    KCP could end up not being a Piston at the end of this season... and with guys like Bullock and Gbinjie who knows what might happen. Plus they can play Johnson at the 2 if they really need. I would hate to give him up like that but if they think they can't retain him I'd take Aldridge for a few years to try to contend. It's not like he's on a long deal.
    LMAO, what about guys like Gbinije and Bullock? They both blow

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    LMAO, what about guys like Gbinije and Bullock? They both blow
    Didn't say they were better than KCP. Although Langlois had an article about Gbinjie that would kind of say Stan does in certain ways... LMA is definitely better than all of them put together though.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    No

also Love is better
    Love is younger, I think a lot of people would make a debate he isn't necessarily better though. My point wasn't really about who was better between those two though. It's a good deal for both sides. LMA might be a better fit in Cleveland where Love has struggled at times there. And vice versa Love could be better in San Antonio next to Pau Gasol.

NBA lottery pick

And anyway around it, today there was an article saying the whole LMA trade rumor stuff was made up.

I really like and value Bullock - as a 9th / 10th man on a roster. He can shoot the ball pretty darn well from deep and he is quite a lengthey defender.

It is far too early to determine whether or not Gbjinjie is even an NBA level player, but early signs intrigue me. At the very least, he seems like a very versatile "basketball player" as in, the game looks very natural to him. Let's see if he can get some minutes.

I think Aldridge is better than Love, but I think Love would fit our team a lot better / fit SVG's vision a lot better.

"Detroit Pistons Sign the TALLEST PLAYER IN THE NBA!!!

Undrafted 7 ft. 6 300 lb Center Mamadou Ndiaye...

Averaged 12.1 points, 7.2 rebounds and 2.4 blocks during the 2015-16 season at UC Irvine"

So this guy makes Boban and Dre look like guards

Take us to the promise land big fella!!
    Last edited by Aussie Dunker; 10-23-2016 at 09:32 PM. Reason: picture

NBA lottery pick

I've met him before at the bars out here. Some of my friends have played ball with him. He's not going to make it in the NBA but he's a good guy and will be able to play over seas or in the d league.

I disagree, I think Big Mama will stick around in the NBA and isn't just there due to his size like a Pavel Podolzkin was. Won't be a starter or anything, but a solid 8-12 minute second big off a bench type of guy