Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Michael Jordan on Hakeem Olajuwon

If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile because of what he can give you from that position. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him.

The majority probably never saw Olajuwon in his prime. He had such great footwork, was so agile, high ball IQ, great instincts, brought intangibles to the table, and was a hard worker.

Default Re: Michael Jordan on Hakeem Olajuwon

This is the same guy who picked Kwame Brown so I really don't trust his pick at all

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Alisse
    This is the same guy who picked Kwame Brown so I really don't trust his pick at all
    That pick was bad.. even before Kwame Brown played.. majority of us knew that.. but this one is good. Prime Olajuwon was a beast.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Kobe/Shaq!

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Alisse
    Picking a highschool player from scouting is different then picking people uou played against. Hakeem is a monster and Mj and Hakeem on a team ain't losing that simple.

That would've been so sick.

Banned

jordan wouldnt know tallent if it came up and bit him in the d*ck

he's butthurt still from the time wilt called him out at the top 50 allstar celebration

he's butthurt still about shaq winning titles after he retired

he's butthurt still about kareem always saying mj isnt even a top 4 player ever and that he, russell and wilt are all ahead of him

mj put kobe as barely a top 10 sg ever

hes a stubborn old fool... hes the worst gm ever. hes the worst owner ever. hes the worst decision maker ever... all that dumb clown can do is put a ball in a net...

If Jordan didn't leave the first time, this almost certainly would have been a Finals matchup in '94.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    jordan wouldnt know tallent if it came up and bit him in the d*ck

he's butthurt still from the time wilt called him out at the top 50 allstar celebration

he's butthurt still about shaq winning titles after he retired

he's butthurt still about kareem always saying mj isnt even a top 4 player ever and that he, russell and wilt are all ahead of him

mj put kobe as barely a top 10 sg ever

hes a stubborn old fool... hes the worst gm ever. hes the worst owner ever. hes the worst decision maker ever... all that dumb clown can do is put a ball in a net...
    wait .. so you're saying wilt called him out .. yet jordan is the dick ? .. you're saying kareem shit on jordan's accomplishments yet jordan is the dick ? and why would he be butthurt about shaq winning titles ?? is he butthurt over duncan winning titles, wade winning a title, kobe winning titles ? I think you're the one who's 'butthurt'

Good High School Starter hammer2010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Picking a highschool player from scouting is different then picking people uou played against. Hakeem is a monster and Mj and Hakeem on a team ain't losing that simple.
    The God of basketball and the Allah of basketball on the same team.

I've always felt peak value wise Wilt is the best center of all time. U can't ignore what Wilt did back in the day. If the numbers he put up were so easy or skewed because of the era he played in, EVERYBODY WOULD HAVE BEEN PUTTING UP THOSE NUMBERS! Just like Big O with his triple double shit! In terms of career resume on a GOAT center list, I feel Kareem is the GOAT. But if one were to say Wilt or Russell I wouldn't complain. However in terms of sheer talent and a total package, I think the Dream is the greatest center of all time. His combo of freak athletic ability, strength, footwork, defense, and scoring arsenal is unmatched.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

I've been watching the NBA since 1980. Prime Olajuwon was the best and most entertaining center I ever saw. Yes, better than 80-85 Kareem. Perheps a bit less effective on offense than 2000 Shaq, but he was a lot better defensively. Plus a lot more fun to watch. (I'm a Laker fan btw.) A lot better than any version of Duncan. Dwight is not in the vicinity.

I don't know about prime Kareem or Wilt though. I can't talk on anything pre 1980. Since then, peak Olajuwon was just something else.

Good call.

Banned

hakeem had a short lived peak. won his 2 titles at a time when his best competition was either retired or just got back to playing basketball

he is a top 10 player ever. but he rounds out the 10 at the bottom...

no way is he above kareem, wilt, russell or even shaq

jordan has a reason to choose hakeem

A) era biase

B) getting dissed by the other guys and having something against people winning before or after his time

C) he's re*tarded when it comes to opinions on basketball

hakeem was great. but the greatest? heck no

i bet if jordan said feces taste like hot cakes.. half the board would atleast try a piece

Ask a black dude ThePointGuard11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    I've been watching the NBA since 1980. Prime Olajuwon was the best and most entertaining center I ever saw. Yes, better than 80-85 Kareem. Perheps a bit less effective on offense than 2000 Shaq, but he was a lot better defensively. Plus a lot more fun to watch. (I'm a Laker fan btw.) A lot better than any version of Duncan. Dwight is not in the vicinity.

I don't know about prime Kareem or Wilt though. I can't talk on anything pre 1980. Since then, peak Olajuwon was just something else.

Good call.
    This.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    hakeem had a short lived peak. won his 2 titles at a time when his best competition was either retired or just got back to playing basketball

he is a top 10 player ever. but he rounds out the 10 at the bottom...

no way is he above kareem, wilt, russell or even shaq

jordan has a reason to choose hakeem

A) era biase

B) getting dissed by the other guys and having something against people winning before or after his time

C) he's re*tarded when it comes to opinions on basketball

hakeem was great. but the greatest? heck no

i bet if jordan said feces taste like hot cakes.. half the board would atleast try a piece

Shaq also praises Hakeem you dumbass. Lol at you acting like Hakeem is some scrub. Hakeem has been dominating since the 80s fool. Go look at his playoffs numbers Hakeem just never had a team. Go back to suck Kobe