Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Default Re: Attention: Jordan's 3rdball Explain this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    My point is that his stat line shouldn't be respected because it was achieved via a playground, clearout style that resulted in an utterly ridiculous time of possession.. AND he wasn't double-teamed... it's like the game was an experiment to see how many stats he could accumulate

yet despite these optimal conditions to go off (clearouts on every play with no double-teaming), he only shot 39.8%.

Again, if he shot 50% and didn't allow Iggy to double his scoring average from 8 to 16 ppg, the Cavs win EASILY.. btw, letting your defensive assignment double their scoring average IS INDEED letting them go off... also, the reason Lebron only shot 39% is because he only shot 28% on jumpshots (65% at the rim).
    As sad as it was, that actually was the offense. Let Lebron work and if the Warriors sent help, Lebron would hit the open shooter. Similar to SVG's college ball system with Dwight.

And obviously they hardly ever sent help off the line cause a slightly open Lebron jumper is still better than an open 3. But Lebron definitely saw help defense the times he found his way into the paint or on the block.

And yes, If lebron played twice as well than he did, cavs wouldv'e had a better chance at winning. Obvious point is obvious.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

Your lies don't even make any sense - re-read what you just wrote...

Rodman guarded Kemp for the entire series, and Kemp WENT OFF (23/10 and 63% ts) - he was the Sonics' best player in that series, EASILY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpLWcFRlM9A
    So you post a highlight where Rodman was guarding Kemp in the very scenario I stated that did. Did you or did you not see Kukoc on the floor in that video? Answer this question and go look back at when i said Rodman was guarding Kemp.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheWinningFam
    That was a rhetorical question, We know that these prediction stats are flawed and cant be used in an argument.
    Wrong. Hate to break it to you but you don't get to dictate what can or can't be used in an argument. The "predictive" stats in question are based on real formulae and factual statistics. Therefore the expectations produced by then are reasonable and have factual basis. There is no good reason to dismiss them.

In fact, these stats are far more valid and credible than your own "predictions" of who would do what and how as your argument is completely hypothetical and frankly comes down to nothing but your biased opinion

Now if you want to use the stats you provided, give the context along with them, otherwise they serve no purpose. The ones I provided were given context and still serve their purpose, despite you clearly wishing they didn't

Lebron would literally only have to focus on scoring and defense, We know this due to having a superior defender and playmaking/passer/defender second option in pippen. Otoh, Jordan would have to be the team's best scorer/passer/rebounder/defender/Rim protector,

We know this because his second option (wade) is virtually the same type of player he is, (A scorer and defender) Jordan would have to take on a bigger role to fill in the voids, while also playing tougher competition, remember, The one time jordan faced a lebron like opponent in the finals (1996 sonics) It was the worst finals of his career, and they needed pippen's 19/9/5 and elite defense to avoid a game 7 warriors like choke.
    3ball already addressed the hilarity of some of this, but because you seem to still be repeating yourself I'll do the same. Hopefully, it drives in this time:

Factually incorrect

Lebron has historically and factually been part of teams that perform below their expected levels with him as their best player, while many of Jordans teams have greatly exceeded the sum of their parts

Therefore we can conclude based on evidence that the Bulls would be inferior with Lebron, whereas adding Jordan to the teams that historically underperformed that included James should give them a boost. As in, 2011, 2012 and 2015

Based completley off of expected plus/minus and actual plus/minus, Lebrons teams have an average actual plus/minus of -4.2 than how they should perform. Jordans teams? On average, their actual plus/mins is +1.325

*For anyone arguing the legitimacy of the ratings, take it up with Basketball-Reference's SPS System and Real Box Plus/Minus.

Because Jordan elevates his teammates where Lebron hinders them, Jordan would've won in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2016. 4 titles where Lebron only got 3. Meanwhile, in Jordan's place, Lebron would've hindered those Bulls teams as he doesnt maximize the talents of other top talent players, and thus likely would've won maybe 2 out of the 6 rings Jordan won (Lakers and Blazers)

I don't necessarily believe that to be true but shit, if you're gonna post dumb shit I can follow your trains of thought

Quote Originally Posted by LostCause
    Wrong. Hate to break it to you but you don't get to dictate what can or can't be used in an argument. The "predictive" stats in question are based on real formulae and factual statistics. Therefore the expectations produced by then are reasonable and have factual basis. There is no good reason to dismiss them.

In fact, these stats are far more valid and credible than your own "predictions" of who would do what and how as your argument is completely hypothetical and frankly comes down to nothing but your biased opinion

Now if you want to use the stats you provided, give the context along with them, otherwise they serve no purpose. The ones I provided were given context and still serve their purpose, despite you clearly wishing they didn't

3ball already addressed the hilarity of some of this, but because you seem to still be repeating yourself I'll do the same. Hopefully, it drives in this time:

Factually incorrect

Lebron has historically and factually been part of teams that perform below their expected levels with him as their best player, while many of Jordans teams have greatly exceeded the sum of their parts

Therefore we can conclude based on evidence that the Bulls would be inferior with Lebron, whereas adding Jordan to the teams that historically underperformed that included James should give them a boost. As in, 2011, 2012 and 2015

Based completley off of expected plus/minus and actual plus/minus, Lebrons teams have an average actual plus/minus of -4.2 than how they should perform. Jordans teams? On average, their actual plus/mins is +1.325

*For anyone arguing the legitimacy of the ratings, take it up with Basketball-Reference's SPS System and Real Box Plus/Minus.

Because Jordan elevates his teammates where Lebron hinders them, Jordan would've won in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2016. 4 titles where Lebron only got 3. Meanwhile, in Jordan's place, Lebron would've hindered those Bulls teams as he doesnt maximize the talents of other top talent players, and thus likely would've won maybe 2 out of the 6 rings Jordan won (Lakers and Blazers)

I don't necessarily believe that to be true but shit, if you're gonna post dumb shit I can follow your trains of thought
    JR smith and Kyrie have been BETTER playing with Lebron.