Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Lou Williams joining the Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Part of that is his teammates not being very good. Let's be honest here. The Hawks offense was bad, and it can't all be blamed on Joe Johnson. If you surround Joe Johnson with Deron Williams, Gerald Wallace and Dwight Howard, people are going to be saying he has a poor basketball IQ.

It's amazing that team was able to make the playoffs and actually advance at times. Horrible, horrible offensive make-up.
    I think you meant to say won't say.

He will do much better with Williams and Wallace and either Lopez or Howard. Definitely.

It was too hard for him last year with Teague learning on the job. Teague should have gotten more minutes his first two years in the league and that has hurt his development.

I'm actually surprised the Rockets didn't offer Scola and Martin for Johnson. That would have made the Rockets a more desirable location for Howard. Johnson-Howard and then add another player for a Big 3.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    I think you meant to say won't say.

He will do much better with Williams and Wallace and either Lopez or Howard. Definitely.

It was too hard for him last year with Teague learning on the job. Teague should have gotten more minutes his first two years in the league and that has hurt his development.

I'm actually surprised the Rockets didn't offer Scola and Martin for Johnson. That would have made the Rockets a more desirable location for Howard. Johnson-Howard and then add another player for a Big 3.
    Yes, I meant to say that they won't be saying that.

And I don't think the Hawks would have taken that deal from the Rockets. They seem to be valuing pure cap space more. Scola's deal is for 3 more years.

Decent playground baller No Evans!'s Avatar

He was

You must not watch the Hawks much. He gets people more open looks than anyone else on the Hawks by far.

Yes, I meant to say that they won't be saying that.

And I don't think the Hawks would have taken that deal from the Rockets. They seem to be valuing pure cap space more. Scola's deal is for 3 more years.
    Possibly, but Martin is certainly an improvement over Jordan Farmar, Johan Petro and Jordan Williams.

Scola could have been moved out again - Horford, Scola, Teague, 2 first round picks for Howard, Turkoglu, J. Richardson.

Dear God this can't end well. Atlanta remains to have less size, poor shooting, and a very high possibility of overpaying a guard once more

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Kid7
    Dear God this can't end well. Atlanta remains to have less size, poor shooting, and a very high possibility of overpaying a guard once more
    Or this could mean Horford, Teague, Petro (expirer), 2 first round picks for Howard, Turkoglu, J. Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Or this could mean Horford, Teague, Petro (expirer), 2 first round picks for Howard, Turkoglu, J. Richardson.
    Actually, that makes a bit of sense. Doesn't J. Rich and Turkeyglue both have absurd contracts though?

NBA sixth man of the year

Actually, that makes a bit of sense. Doesn't J. Rich and Turkeyglue both have absurd contracts though?
    2 years, 23.6 million for Turkoglu. 3 years, 18.5 million for Richardson.

3 years, 18.5 million for Richardson.
    That's not too bad.
    2 years, 23.6 million for Turkoglu.
    That's pretty damn bad.
    Honestly, I get that Hawk fans hate Josh Smith for an absurd contract and a questionable motor. I feel at the least he is pretty young and has the ability to earn his money. Turkeyglue and Richardson are out of their peaks now and aren't worth that much money.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
    Horf, Teague 2 1sts for Dwight confirmed?
    I thought about this when I first heard the news.

I like this signing by the Hawks.

That's not too bad.

That's pretty damn bad.
    Honestly, I get that Hawk fans hate Josh Smith for an absurd contract and a questionable motor. I feel at the least he is pretty young and has the ability to earn his money. Turkeyglue and Richardson are out of their peaks now and aren't worth that much money.

Hawks fans love Josh Smith, he is our best player and face of the franchise.

Any terms on this deal? I saw on espn Hawks used $5mil MLE. Lookin for terms tho (years).

Also Joe Johnson is clearly better than Lou. I know JJ is overpaid as fatboy said but you dudes are too sour on the guy comparing him to Lou

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Any terms on this deal? I saw on espn Hawks used $5mil MLE. Lookin for terms tho (years).

Also Joe Johnson is clearly better than Lou. I know JJ is overpaid as fatboy said but you dudes are too sour on the guy comparing him to Lou
    5 million is real cheap. Fields got more and he is definitely not as good as Williams.

Why didn't Toronto sign Williams, even now with the cap space they have? Some teams.