Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Re: Batman/Kyrie Irving needs a Robin BAD

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    It's different when you're playing at such a high level in year two. The only guys that are white that get mentioned as having empty stats are David Lee and Kevin Love. Both have been in the league for a while and have won nothing. Maybe if Kyrie keeps playing like this in a couple years and they suck then he;ll be talked about as having empty stats.
    No it's not different. It's different if you're not black. When you're black "the front office isn't giving him any help" and all this bs. When you're white it's "he has empty stats". It's total bullshit. Kevin Love had three good seasons, that's it. He was decent his first two years and then developed into a stud. Please someone here tell me how Minnesota is a great team and Love has somehow failed to win w a good team. I don't even like Love or Minnesota but damn this is ridiculous.

Lebron will be back in Cleveland soon. Then:

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Segatti
    Lebron will be back in Cleveland soon. Then:
    That is an incredibly well-made gif. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest
    That is an incredibly well-made gif. Damn.
    Phong RIP

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    No it's not different. It's different if you're not black. When you're black "the front office isn't giving him any help" and all this bs. When you're white it's "he has empty stats". It's total bullshit. Kevin Love had three good seasons, that's it. He was decent his first two years and then developed into a stud. Please someone here tell me how Minnesota is a great team and Love has somehow failed to win w a good team. I don't even like Love or Minnesota but damn this is ridiculous.
    Give me one black player in recent years that people said he needed more players instead of saying his stats are empty.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sixer6ad
    RedBlack - I'm with you, but dude's got a point. My Lord, we better get after things with this young fella or it's going to be Decision #2. Just hoping we've learned our lesson. We tried to hope that Larry Hughes and Antawn Jamison and Wally Scerbiak and Mo Williams were the 2nd fiddle. As we now now, LBJ was looking at players like DWade and Chris Bosh. LBJ was not f-ing around. Will we make the same mistake twice and not get another superstar here? I think that's all the question is asking? And in terms of surrounding cast, we got CJ Miles and John Leurer this off-season. I'm scared, because Tristan Thompson is the #4 pick in the draft who can't shoot or dribble.

I'm with you, but that same question - Will he (Kyrie) stay? is going to start surfacing before too long with the lineups we keep putting on the floor.
    You can't run scared of things like this as an organization. That is, in large part, what led to the teams during the James' years being very good, but not quite championship caliber. Instead of a conventional build, those seven years with James were fear-laden rush jobs... and it showed.

When you are afraid of a star player leaving, you do things like overpay for marginal talent (Hughes, Marshall, Jones, Williams), destroy your cap space and trade away draft picks for short-term fixes (Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Shaq, Jamison, etc). And, all of those moves whose sole reason was to "contend now" out of fear that a guy is going to leave... And he ended up leaving anyway.

You simply cannot allow a kid to dictate how your team is built. There is no rushing this thing. We are only a couple years out from a total tear down and rebuild. This thing takes time if you are going to do it right. If Kyrie doesn't understand that (I have no reason to think he doesn't understand it, btw), then he wasn't the right guy for the situation.

Yes, he's a very good player already. He needs to understand that this team is very young... the youngest in the entire NBA... And not every player can acclimate to the NBA as quickly as he did. As for Tristan, he is playing as well or better than the other options that people were talking about with that pick (Kanter, Valanciunas, etc). Hindsight is 20/20, as always.

I think the rebuild has actually gone very well thus far. No one expected this team to compete for the playoffs this year. There is no reason to start freaking out.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 12-17-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Phong RIP

GOAT LeBron hater