Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2015, 12:39 PM   #1
West-Side
Goat Loading
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,899
Default First Time Since 2005, I will be doing this:

I will be purchasing FIFA 16, NHL 16, Madden 16 and NBA 2K16.
I bought MLB The Show 15 and am absolutely addicted to that game; in my 6th season in the franchise mode. My team is absolutely stacked now. I ended up trading 3 prospects (with A potential for Mike Trout) and already traded for Bryce Harper.

My team so far: Seattle Mariners

1B: Egdar Cocho (76 overall, A potential - 22 year old)
2B: Robinson Cano (94 overall - 37 year old)
3B: Kyle Seager (97 overall - 30 year old)
SS: Javier Nunez (90 overall, A potential - 25 year old)
CF: Mike Trout (98 overall - 28 year old)
LF: Bryce Harper (99 overall - 27 year old)
RF: Austin Jackson (81 overall - 31 year old)
C: Omar Cortez (81 overall, A potential - 20 year old)

Nelly Cruz retired last year. (guy had a 92 power and 91 contact Vs. LHP) He was a beast at the plate for me.

SP:

Felix Henandez - 99, 32 years old
Paxton - 86, 28 years old
Walker - 91, A potential, 27 years old
Mongamery - 82, B potential, 24 years old
Lucero - 82, A potential - 19 years old

CP: Carson Smith, 92, A potential - 30 years old
1st RP: Furbush, 81, B potential - 34 years old

I really need to find a replacement for Robbie (as he's getting older and closing in on retirement) and bolster up my bullpen.

This team is going for their 3rd WS in 5 years.

Haha, anyways; what games are on your "to get list" in 2015?

- Phantom Pain
- maybe Mad Max
- Uncharted Remastered

Pretty much it for me; besides those sports games.
I play on PS4.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:26 PM   #2
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan
 
Timmy D for MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Posts: 7,384
Default Re: First Time Since 2005, I will be doing this:

What's prompting you to buy all the new releases this year?
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:51 PM   #3
West-Side
Goat Loading
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,899
Default Re: First Time Since 2005, I will be doing this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
What's prompting you to buy all the new releases this year?

I have purchased FIFA and NBA 2K since 2005; but I have skipped on Madden and haven't purchased NHL in 10 years.

After having so much fun with The Show on PS4; I started reviewing all the 2015 titles and it really gauged my interest (specifically hockey). A lot of my friends play NHL online, so I figured I'll get back in the swing of things. I'm hearing they will have a lot more content than NHL 15 did. As far as Madden; I bought last year's Madden and had a blast. They are adding so many new animations and creating "spectacular" catches for receivers (inspired by Beckham Jr's epic catch). It just looks like a lot of fun and their training mode looks really cool. It will help me learn more about the game; specifically what each position on the field is responsible for.

NHL was the game I played the most pre-2005 but for some odd reason I just kind of lost interest. Perhaps McDavid entering the league got me excited again about hockey.

I am very interested in knowing what upcoming games you guys are looking forward to the most. I am not particularly excited about Blacks Ops 3 (even though the first 2 installments are probably my favorite COD games ever). It just looks too futuristic now; kind of like I'm playing an Iron Man game.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #4
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan
 
Timmy D for MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Posts: 7,384
Default Re: First Time Since 2005, I will be doing this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
I have purchased FIFA and NBA 2K since 2005; but I have skipped on Madden and haven't purchased NHL in 10 years.

After having so much fun with The Show on PS4; I started reviewing all the 2015 titles and it really gauged my interest (specifically hockey). A lot of my friends play NHL online, so I figured I'll get back in the swing of things. I'm hearing they will have a lot more content than NHL 15 did. As far as Madden; I bought last year's Madden and had a blast. They are adding so many new animations and creating "spectacular" catches for receivers (inspired by Beckham Jr's epic catch). It just looks like a lot of fun and their training mode looks really cool. It will help me learn more about the game; specifically what each position on the field is responsible for.

NHL was the game I played the most pre-2005 but for some odd reason I just kind of lost interest. Perhaps McDavid entering the league got me excited again about hockey.

I am very interested in knowing what upcoming games you guys are looking forward to the most. I am not particularly excited about Blacks Ops 3 (even though the first 2 installments are probably my favorite COD games ever). It just looks too futuristic now; kind of like I'm playing an Iron Man game.

Okay.

I just wanted to see if you were doing it because of the fun you had in the RTTS Franchise mode. Because I wanted to warn you that it has the most in depth Franchise modes in any of the games I play (FIFA, 2K) and the other games do not really come close. I have a lot of fun in the 2K modes because I'm an Association Diehard but it is limited compared to RTTS. 2K15 was much more in depth though so maybe 2K16 will be better.

Have you demoed any of the games? Because I too loved older hockey games and then played a recent one without playing any of the games in between and it was like trying to learn a whole new world.

As far as games coming out we have a thread for games coming out this year.. Outside of that personally I'm looking forward to Tekken 7 and Street Fighter 5.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:23 PM   #5
Rondooooooooooo
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Celtics-Suns Broncos-Cardinals
Posts: 1,308
Default Re: First Time Since 2005, I will be doing this:

I am still skeptical on Madden this year. I love the My Player mode in sports games, and Maddens has been absolute shit for the past few years, so I doubt they change it now.

Phantom Pain and NBA2k16 will prolly be the only games I purchase this year.....
Rondooooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:35 AM   #6
ImmortalNemesis
I am the First Officer
 
ImmortalNemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Bridge
Posts: 49
Default Re: First Time Since 2005, I will be doing this:

What about that new Live 16
ImmortalNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:41 AM   #7
JimmyMcAdocious
with God-given ass
 
JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,008
Default Re: First Time Since 2005, I will be doing this:

I got an XB1 because of the trade in deals (former 360 user) and about 99% of my games are on my PC. The 1% being 2K... Which so happens to be the game I typically put the most hours into, so I had to cave for a next gen console. If the 2K PC base ever gets a shot in the arm, I'm selling the console. Let's put it that way. I do have one regret for not getting a PS4, though, and that's The Show. Never played it and I have literally no interest in baseball, either. Still want that game. Badly. Not sure what that's about.

Anyway, someone gotta explain the appeal to Madden for me because I just can't get into it anymore. It used to be the only series I would buy annually since about 98-ish til 2004. Then I bought NFL 2k5... Right back on Madden, for obvious reasons, up until 2010. Think the last one for me was 2012, skipped 2011. Or up to 2011, skipped 2012, and 2013 was the last. Something like that.

Then about a month ago I saw EA Access was free. Figured I'll play all the games because why not? I hadn't touched a Madden game since I stopped buying them. I ended up quitting halfway through my second game and spent the rest of the trial playing the PvZ shooter and FIFA (which was very enjoyable, other than the Park equivalent mode online, and has me considering going back to the series).

Not sure what it is because my enthuse for football has only grown over the years. Of all the sports I follow, football the only one I didn't play when I was a kid, so it's really been a staggering and enjoyable process with each new season. btw, I completely understand the POV of some basketball players who despise those analytic guys that never played basketball at a somewhat high level. I feel like I have decent knowledge of football by now and I still have trouble understanding some aspects and whatnot. There's just some things you can't completely comprehend without competitively playing the sport.

A lot of off topic and incoherentness, but my neighbors car alarm woke me up at 3 and I can't go back to sleep. Deal with it.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:01 AM   #8
West-Side
Goat Loading
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,899
Default Re: First Time Since 2005, I will be doing this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
I got an XB1 because of the trade in deals (former 360 user) and about 99% of my games are on my PC. The 1% being 2K... Which so happens to be the game I typically put the most hours into, so I had to cave for a next gen console. If the 2K PC base ever gets a shot in the arm, I'm selling the console. Let's put it that way. I do have one regret for not getting a PS4, though, and that's The Show. Never played it and I have literally no interest in baseball, either. Still want that game. Badly. Not sure what that's about.

Anyway, someone gotta explain the appeal to Madden for me because I just can't get into it anymore. It used to be the only series I would buy annually since about 98-ish til 2004. Then I bought NFL 2k5... Right back on Madden, for obvious reasons, up until 2010. Think the last one for me was 2012, skipped 2011. Or up to 2011, skipped 2012, and 2013 was the last. Something like that.

Then about a month ago I saw EA Access was free. Figured I'll play all the games because why not? I hadn't touched a Madden game since I stopped buying them. I ended up quitting halfway through my second game and spent the rest of the trial playing the PvZ shooter and FIFA (which was very enjoyable, other than the Park equivalent mode online, and has me considering going back to the series).

Not sure what it is because my enthuse for football has only grown over the years. Of all the sports I follow, football the only one I didn't play when I was a kid, so it's really been a staggering and enjoyable process with each new season. btw, I completely understand the POV of some basketball players who despise those analytic guys that never played basketball at a somewhat high level. I feel like I have decent knowledge of football by now and I still have trouble understanding some aspects and whatnot. There's just some things you can't completely comprehend without competitively playing the sport.

A lot of off topic and incoherentness, but my neighbors car alarm woke me up at 3 and I can't go back to sleep. Deal with it.

I didn't play Madden from like 2008 to 2013; I picked up Madden 25 and didn't really enjoy it all that much. Madden 15 was great though, which got me hooked again.

I think Madden 16 has a very deep training mode which not only teaches you how to play each position on the field but actually explains the responsibilities of a strong safety versus a FS.

They also added like 600 new animations, the graphics look wicked good and they added "spectacular" catches after OBJ. That got me excited because I watched the demo and they showcased the new catch animations; it just makes the game look far more fun.

I mean there's nothing better than successfully pulling off a skill move in FIFA 15 before scoring a goal. I think the new spectacular catch Madden created will make players have a similar excitement.

FIFA & The Show, IMO, are the two best sports games with NBA 2K close 2nd. I haven't played The Show in a long time; I bought this year's installment and am thoroughly addicted to the game. It's just so ridiculously fun. Every game something new happens; whether it be a wild pitch, an insane catch by the center fielder, inside-the-park home-run or a pitcher getting drilled in the face by a ball.

The player animations are just so realistic; the graphics could be slightly better but I also am not playing on the best TV in the world.

I'd highly recommend that game.
Only FIFA is on that level, IMO.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy