Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    "The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

Ok so I'm convinced he's either tryna sabbotage the team or he's just the worst coach in the league.You're in a tight game heading into the 4th and you bring out Mason Jr and put Melo on the bench?Then you have Shawne Williams guarding Dwight Howard.A SF guarding the best Center in the league? Then you have Douglas and Billups starting.Whats the point? All it does is cause matchup problems

Made that high school varsity squad earlofupstate's Avatar

His substitution patterns still puzzle me. Amar'e sucked b*lls tonight, and Melo sitting on the bench for a while when we needed him in the 4th.
    D'Antoni is................forget it, I'm so pissed off right now. This IS NOT a feel good loss.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

This part right here is hilarious

Even the reporters aren't buying D'antoni's bullshit.

Reporter: Amare' didn't have a good night.

D'antoni: He's tired.

Reporter: What do you mean, tired?

D'antoni: Well we've rode him all season.

Reporter: Why is he tired?

D'antoni: 14 games in 30 days.

Reporter: Why is he tired?

This is hilarious, they really need to show that reporter.

Excuses by the coach, instead of letting into Amar'e.

I don't get mad at a player for having a poor shooting night.EVERYONE has them.Amare actually played decent defense last night even though he didnt guard Howard until it was too late.What I am pissed about is,as a coach you have the luxury of two superstars...one is cold...the other is not only scoring but dropping dimes....so you bench the guy who's been productive and play the guy who's stunk it up all game in the most crucial part of the game?I don't get that one bit.

O yea...Wanna know why we didnt get Barron.Because D'Antoni told Walsh he wouldn't get any playing time.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I don't get mad at a player for having a poor shooting night.EVERYONE has them.Amare actually played decent defense last night even though he didnt guard Howard until it was too late.What I am pissed about is,as a coach you have the luxury of two superstars...one is cold...the other is not only scoring but dropping dimes....so you bench the guy who's been productive and play the guy who's stunk it up all game in the most crucial part of the game?I don't get that one bit.

O yea...Wanna know why we didnt get Barron.Because D'Antoni told Walsh he wouldn't get any playing time.
    I think D'Antoni is tanking the season. No other explanation that I can think of. He is upset that we traded away Gallo, and does not want to be here anymore.

Either that, or he is literally the worst coach of all time.

I'm at work n I started thinking that too outta the blue.I think he may be that upset with Gallo's departure that he could care less about the future of this team.

NBA rookie of the year

Or maybe he's just working with a gutted roster that hasn't had much practice time yet. I thought it wasn't about this year anyway?

Common.

FIRE THIS GUY ALREADY

How many games we need to lose before he gets fired ? 100 consecutive or more

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Or maybe he's just working with a gutted roster that hasn't had much practice time yet. I thought it wasn't about this year anyway?
    I don't think it takes Red Auerbach or Phil Jackson to know that putting Shawne Williams on Dwight Howard is a bad idea.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    I don't think it takes Red Auerbach or Phil Jackson to know that putting Shawne Williams on Dwight Howard is a bad idea.
    Jared Jeffries is a better idea? LOL. Shawne Williams is one of the Knicks better defenders, and he's basically the same size as all of our other front court players. It's not like Turiaf was doing shit. It's like you guys still don't realize that this team doesn't have an actual center on the roster.

If only there was some athletic 7 footer out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    I think D'Antoni is tanking the season. No other explanation that I can think of. He is upset that we traded away Gallo, and does not want to be here anymore.

Either that, or he is literally the worst coach of all time.

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Jared Jeffries is a better idea? LOL. Shawne Williams is one of the Knicks better defenders, and he's basically the same size as all of our other front court players. It's not like Turiaf was doing shit. It's like you guys still don't realize that this team doesn't have an actual center on the roster.

If only there was some athletic 7 footer out there...
    wut like the guy who just put up 31 and 11 on nowitzki

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lebob23
    It's gotta be the uniforms or something.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by lebob23
    ...and lost. Dirk had 30 and 11 himself, while getting the win. Nice game from Randolph though. I didn't watch the whole thing, but he showed some nice confidence out there. Very fluid, little hesitation, hitting jumpers. He's got some nice handles when he isn't wearing a Knicks uniform.

I would like to have held on to him. He was getting some more minutes before the deadline, and looked pretty solid. I imagine he'd be playing even more now. Probably wouldn't do much to check Dwight, but you never know. I was thinking more about Mozgov though. We looked much better with him in the lineup, on both ends of the court. But he isn't a big enough star to get away with jacking up the ticket prices by half, so Dolan begged Denver to take him.
    Last edited by Scoooter; 03-25-2011 at 01:53 AM.