Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Default Re: Best Single-Game Playoff Performance

Rondo has had several

Basketball Genius

"OH! A SPECTACULAR MOVE! BY MICHAEL JORDAN! THAT'S THIRTEEN CONSECUTIVE FIELD GOALS....."

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    94% TS.
    lol thats crazy

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Walt Frazier 1970 Game 7 - that's the best Finals performance by any player, any season, ever. Dude was electric shock

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Lebron game 6 at Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by GOATbe
    You're like GoranDragon only gayer. Ok, you're both equally gay, as there's not much higher to go.

Tim duncan's near quadriple double in the finals was great, lebron obviously had some of the most amazing performances in the last few years, kobe 01 wcsf, then that 40-10 against Spurs, shots against Suns in 06.

Context-wise, Lebron's game 6 vs Boston is untouchable imo - and the result of that game went a long way in determining other outcomes (and continues to do so imo)

If the Heat manages a threepeat, I will think back to that glorious night in Boston and wonder what would have happened had Lebron not shown up.

Huge implications not just for LBJ but for the Heat, Celtics & their big three, KD, the Spurs....
    Last edited by Leftimage; 02-01-2014 at 10:13 PM.

How about ROOKIE Magic, in a Finals-clinching game, in which his best teammate was at home watching the game from his couch, and in which he put up a 42 point game, on 14-23 FG/FGA, 14-14 FT/FTA, with 7 assists, and 15 rebounds, which was five more rebounds that any other player on the floor in that game.

I still chuckle when I recall the announcer before that game, wondering how LA was going to replace KAJ's 33 ppg, 13 rpg, .554 shooting in that game. So, Magic just went out and shattered it, by himself.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Lebron 2012 vs Boston game 6.

There was more media + legacy pressure on him in that game than on any other player in sports history.

He delivered.

College superstar

Most demoralizing was watching Shaq go nova against my Pacers. I think in one game he set the playoff record for FTs. Of course we were hacking...because there was nothing else to do.

as much as I love Jordan, and as wholeheartedly as I believe LeBron is nowhere near the player Jordan was, the g5detroit and the g6boston each trump any single playoff game mj ever had. that's what's so fascinating about LeBron, sometimes he's superhuman, other times he's a total joke.

Very good NBA starter

If Lebron had played the 2004 Pistons and the 2008 Celtics, I would agree with the two games mentioned in this thread.

But he didn

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    ESPN made an Article on the 25 Greatest Ever.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012...formances-ever

Kobe's 48/16 was 19th... and I didnt even see people critique it, so please, dont fool yourself.

They only Bron's 2012 G6 at 9!

48 pts vs Pistons is 4th placed.

I actually got those two at the very top, 2 greatest ever.

Magic's 1980 42/15/7, same for Jordan's 1998 45&Game Winner are a bit over done. They might be the two MOST IMPRESSIVE, due to their AGE.
    Magic being a young rookie and Jordan being in his last season.
    HOWEVER, I wouldnt call either the actual best game ever. The most impressive maybe, but not the best.
    What a bunch of dirty liars these ESPNers are... They had just compiled yet another "after merger" list, then named it an "all-time" list, only to mention this "after merger" crap as a sidenote and add pre-78 performances as honorable mentions. Plus, this list is way too biased towards scoring. Not a single performance below 34 points, only 3 below 40. Magic-Bird got a combined total of 1 game. Kareem got 0, not even his incredible 1980 Game 5 performance is here.
    As for the HM's, lots missing too (expected, since the pre-merger leagues don't belong to the "all-time" frame...) They mention Wilt's 1972 Game 5 in the NBA Finals as his only one. It had been undoubtedly a great game, but not his GOAT one, let's be serious. Certain games in 1960, 1962, 1964, 1967 say hello.
    Last edited by Psileas; 02-01-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

My vote is Jordan's 55 pts against the Suns in the 93 Finals, including the clinching And-1 after he got bumped by Barkley.

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    What a bunch of dirty liars these ESPNers are... They had just compiled yet another "after merger" list, then named it an "all-time" list, only to mention this "after merger" crap as a sidenote and add pre-78 performances as honorable mentions. Plus, this list is way too biased towards scoring. Not a single performance below 34 points, only 3 below 40. Magic-Bird got a combined total of 1 game. Kareem got 0, not even his incredible 1980 Game 5 performance is here.
    As for the HM's, lots missing too (expected, since the pre-merger leagues don't belong to the "all-time" frame...) They mention Wilt's 1972 Game 5 in the NBA Finals as his only one. It had been undoubtedly a great game, but not his GOAT one, let's be serious. Certain games in 1960, 1962, 1964, 1967 say hello.
    I know this is off-topic, but I recall some ESPN list (I believe) which rated the greatest Finals games of all-time, and Reed's game seven in '70 was somewhere in the Top-10, and Wilt's game five in '72 was something like 46th.

Yep, a Reed who did absolutely nothing in a game seven, except to foul, is somehow considered a legendary performance, while Chamberlain's crushing domination, with TWO badly injured wrists, gets a small mention.