Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: If American Football wasn't called "football", would it be more popular...

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Yup.

Someone saying that a small sport drawing from a very small pool of talent might not have the best athletic talent in the world = "getting very defensive"

It's just facts and common sense here. Scale matters. If you have a sport that is practiced by 50000 people and compare it to a sport that is practiced by 50 million people, the latter will have superior athletes. No reason to get butt hurt over that.

these players are bred and hand picked specifically for the elite telent and skills they have

the pool is so small precisely because the skill set needed to qualify is incredibly specific..

Only the fastest, strongest, and most agile players can even qualify to get a look at an NFL combine

Default Re: If American Football wasn't called "football", would it be more popular...

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    these players are bred and hand picked specifically for the elite telent and skills they have

the pool is so small precisely because the skill set needed to qualify is incredibly specific..

Only the fastest, strongest, and most agile players can even qualify to get a look at an NFL combine
    The pool is small because it's played in one country, not for any other reason.

To understand how the rest of the world looks at American Football, you only need to look at Sumo. The Japanese think of these Sumo athletes as the greatest in the world also, but nobody in America really takes it seriously and people see it as an insignificant, marginal novelty. That's exactly how everybody outside of the US views American Football, and with good reason because that's is basically what it is.

lolwut

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

To understand how the rest of the world looks at American Football, you only need to look at Sumo. The Japanese think of these Sumo athletes as the greatest in the world also, but nobody in America really takes it seriously and people see it as an insignificant, marginal novelty. That's exactly how everybody outside of the US views American Football, and with good reason because that's is basically what it is.
    lol, i'm from outside america and definitely don't view american football as an insignificant, marginal activity.

you're trying to portray your obvious misguided opinion on the sport as a global consensus

Definitely one of the dumbest things I've read on ISH.

the pool is so small because most people do not qualify...

^thats poor logic..

if you really wanna be taken seriously by anybody in this thread? you need to use logic that shows you actually know something about the sport you are talking about.. you cant judge the NFL by comparing it sumo wrestling thats dumb..

players are bred from pop warner through high school and college, and then? only the biggest fastest and strongest make the league

you are making a fool of yourself right now pal.. stop trollin

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    lol, i'm from outside america and definitely don't view american football as an insignificant, marginal activity.

you're trying to portray your obvious misguided opinion on the sport as a global consensus
    And you don't think you are an outlier? Unlike some people I'm definitely open to other perspectives.

Do you have any indication besides your personal anecdotes that American Football is more than a very marginal sport anywhere outside of North America?

the pool is so small because most people do not qualify...

^thats poor logic..

if you really wanna be taken seriously by anybody in this thread? you need to use logic that shows you actually know something about the sport you are talking about.. you cant judge the NFL by comparing it sumo wrestling thats dumb..

players are bred from pop warner through high school and college, and then? only the biggest fastest and strongest make the league

you are making a fool of yourself in this mang.. stop trollin
    Everything you say here applies to Sumo. Why don't you take Sumo seriously? Greatest athletes in the world, they say.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

And you don't think you are an outlier? Unlike some people I'm definitely open to other perspectives.

Do you have any indication besides your personal anecdotes that American Football is more than a very marginal sport anywhere outside of North America?
    what do you think qualifies you to state "how everybody outside of the US views American Football" ?

my word, what a global denizen you are

LJJ just stop

its not workin..

And soccer is widely regarded as a boring p[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ssy sport here in America that doesn't require nearly as much strength, toughness, and strategy as football. Agree or not, that's what a lot of Americans say about soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    what do you think qualifies you to state "how everybody outside of the US views American Football" ?

my word, what a global denizen you are
    That's not really an argument. What qualifies you to say I'm wrong? We are talking on a messageboard, not comparing CV's. "You are no expert" "Nooo, you are no expert" "Noooo, you are no expert". Nobody here is an expert on anything.

One only needs to look at the level of professionalism and competition in the sport outside of North America to identify it as a marginal sport, really.

LJJ is a retard.

How you going to have 13,000+ post on a sports forum when you barely know anything about sports?

LJJ just stop

its not workin..
    He, at least I back up my arguments with data and valid comparisons.

None of you guys are really bringing anything here except: "This is America here, we are number 1. Deal with it!"

I'm not even trying to change anyone's mind. I like reading what other people think even if I disagree with them, but so far I haven't been able to provoke anyone into posting quality other than Thorpe.

That's not really an argument. What qualifies you to say I'm wrong? We are talking on a messageboard, not comparing CV's. "You are no expert" "Nooo, you are no expert" "Noooo, you are no expert". Nobody here is an expert on anything.

One only needs to look at the level of professionalism and competition in the sport outside of North America to identify it as a marginal sport, really.
    So which sport do you think has the best athletes?