Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    All Through Your Body Illuminati's Avatar

Default GM: I'd Take Tyler Ennis Over Kyrie Irving Right Now

Tyler Ennis has had an excellent freshman season for undefeated Syracuse, showing great instincts as a scorer and point guard.

"If you were to ask me right now whether I'd take Ennis over Kyrie Irving, I think it's Ennis," one GM said. "He does all the things that help a basketball team win basketball games. You can pick him apart on individual flaws, but I would take this kid right now and trust him to run my team. I think there's very few freshmen you could ever say that about."

Ennis is averaging 12.1 points, 5.7 assists, 3.3 rebounds and 2.3 steals per game.

Default Re: GM: I'd Take Tyler Ennis Over Kyrie Irving Right Now

When is Kyrie going to the Heat?

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    He's going wherever Bran goes. So just trade him to OKC already.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Is he wrong? Ennis already has a waaay better bball IQ

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    He's going wherever Bran goes. So just trade him to OKC already.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Billy King is that you?

Seriously as a Syracuse and Cleveland fan, this might be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Edit: Where is this source?
    Last edited by KyrieTheFuture; 02-04-2014 at 02:20 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    Is he wrong? Ennis already has a waaay better bball IQ
    What does that even mean? That he's a willing passer?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quotes like this is why I lol when people say "but this GM said", "but this player said", "do you think you know more than they do".

Why a matter of fact yes I freaking do.

Tyler Ennis will never ever make an all star team no matter if he plays in the league for 100 years. He is a freaking average pg on the next level, like george hill average.

He's supposed to be better than Kyrie? Please die.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    When it's possible. In 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dole
    Quotes like this is why I lol when people say "but this GM said", "but this player said", "do you think you know more than they do".

Why a matter of fact yes I freaking do.

Tyler Ennis will never ever make an all star team no matter if he plays in the league for 100 years. He is a freaking average pg on the next level, like george hill average.

He's supposed to be better than Kyrie? Please die.
    The GM in the quote doesn't talk about all star teams, he talks about helping a team win.

Irving should be going to the all star game in full uncle drew gear because that's why he's there.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I really hope it's not Ujiri saying this. My condolences to the fans of whatever team this GM runs.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    The GM in the quote doesn't talk about all star teams, he talks about helping a team win.

Irving should be going to the all star game in full uncle drew gear because that's why he's there.
    let me help you out then you idiot. Kyrie Irving was better at basketball and impact on a team his senior year of high school than tyler Ennis will ever be in his life. All star teams are just a proxy for how good someone is as a basketball player. You dummies saying Kyrie is having a horrible year and yet saying people like John Wall is having a great year when it can easily be argued that Kyries is better.

Tyler Ennis is a solid player, that is it. Do not give him all the credit for how good this team is because that would be a lie. Its like you *******s who thing Tony Parker is better than Chris Paul because of ringzzzzz.

It just shows me that you know nothing about basketball. Think of bball comparisons as a science experiment where you must remove all other variables except for the two players to determine who is better. Stop using team stuff and if you do its pretty easy to see impact if you know basketball, which you don't.

And stop talking about that that Uncle Drew Crap. He got that deal because he is a very good, exciting player, not he is a very good and exciting player because of Uncle Drew.

too bad that zone hides the fact he could never dream of guarding Kyrie at the next level. I'm never sold on guards that come out of Syracuse.

He's a great playmaker and has the potential to be one of the best true PGs in the league, but unless we see him play some real defence, how could a GM possibly say this?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I really hope it's not Ujiri saying this. My condolences to the fans of whatever team this GM runs.
    exactly this.

These type of articles dominate Jan-March during the conference schedule. I've heard of 4 different consensus no. 1s for this year's draft. Wiggins at the beginning of the season, Randle when he had that fast start to the non-conference season especially after the game against MSU. Then it was Parker after SAS wouldn't shut up about him during pretty much all of November, and now it's Embiid turn.

The win over Duke and their (supposedly) tough backcourt has propelled Ennis into the lottery discussion. As a Toronto native I hope he does go in the lottery, but I hope to god and everything else that is sacred that we are not one of those teams willing to trade pieces to move and grab him early. He should stay another year tbh.

If it is Ujiri, then it must be smoke and mirrors, because he has more sense then that.

Banned

The Michael Carter Williams effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dole
    let me help you out then you idiot. Kyrie Irving was better at basketball and impact on a team his senior year of high school than tyler Ennis will ever be in his life. All star teams are just a proxy for how good someone is as a basketball player. You dummies saying Kyrie is having a horrible year and yet saying people like John Wall is having a great year when it can easily be argued that Kyries is better.

Tyler Ennis is a solid player, that is it. Do not give him all the credit for how good this team is because that would be a lie. Its like you *******s who thing Tony Parker is better than Chris Paul because of ringzzzzz.

It just shows me that you know nothing about basketball. Think of bball comparisons as a science experiment where you must remove all other variables except for the two players to determine who is better. Stop using team stuff and if you do its pretty easy to see impact if you know basketball, which you don't.

And stop talking about that that Uncle Drew Crap. He got that deal because he is a very good, exciting player, not he is a very good and exciting player because of Uncle Drew.
    It's is you who doesn't read the quote right. He doesn't say Ennis is better right now, just that he'd rather have him as a player. A GM evaluation a player it's always player skills/production vs salary. When there's a salary cap anything a player does is relative to his salary.
    Kyrie will be demanding a max contract but is one of the worst defensive players on his team who's not very good at defending overall.
    You talk about John Wall but he plays on both sides of the floor and his team is winning like people where expecting Cleveland to. You could never tell me Irving is having a better year than Wall because he simply isn't.

It's not just about getting the drew deal vs not getting it. They've been very popular with the young NBA crowd especially, not all TV campaigns/viral videos are equally good and get the same amount of popularity, but these commercials where well liked by mostly everybody.

All star selections are made by fan voting, from what you're saying it means I should base my opinion on players from these selections even though a huge amoung of them come from kids age 12-18. Thanks but no thanks.