Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Forget what LeBron says, the real reasons for returning to Cleveland.

His little essay is all PR bullshit. Here are the real reasons.

-Miami no longer has a supporting cast that can compete with the Western conference team. A lot of this is due to Wade now becoming useless. Bosh is nice, but it appears the rest of the team would be vet minimum role players. We don't even know if the second best player(Birdman lmao) would have come back. There was no way this team was going to improve anymore. They peaked and the window closed.

-LeBron returning to Cleveland is a huge story that generates revenue. On top of this being a better move for on his legacy this shit is also going to make him more popular(for better or worse) than ever. He is also a business man.

-Cleveland was able to stockpile assets without him. If Cleveland doesn't get 3 number one overall picks in 4 years does he come back? Nope.

-Cleveland is still in the Eastern Conference. Eastern Conference = guaranteed trip to the Finals. Shitty conference and whichever team has LeBron wins it by default. He knows this. LeBron is a ***** and was never going to leave the East.

Default Re: Forget what LeBron says, the real reasons for returning to Cleveland.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Just don't go supporting his beta ass and you will be alright on these boards.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Default Re: Forget what LeBron says, the real reasons for returning to Cleveland.

This.

It was still the best decision, but i dont think that made me respect him any more.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Right on. But just him getting away from Riley and Wade make him much more likeable. I will never root for him...since he is not on my Bulls, but now I can go back to just enjoying his unique style of play without getting angry about the decision and teaming up.

your whore mom is tired of buying you jerseys
    tired of hooking for you

- you cant unburn jerseys

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Yes, he saw that he could have a good future with Cleveland.

Which is usually the number one or number two (behind money) reason why any free agent in any sport signs to a new team

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    Right on. But just him getting away from Riley and Wade make him much more likeable. I will never root for him...since he is not on my Bulls, but now I can go back to just enjoying his unique style of play without getting angry about the decision and teaming up.
    And as a true Bulls fan, you shouldn't root for him even if he came to the Bulls.

pretty much

Guaranteed to the Finals?

Fck no

2/5 will remain 2/5 bc Cavs are not making it to the Finals

but it's good to know The LeBron stans can go back to experiencing losing before the Finals again

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana

-Miami no longer has a supporting cast that can compete with the Western conference team. A lot of this is due to Wade now becoming useless. Bosh is nice, but it appears the rest of the team would be vet minimum role players. We don't even know if the second best player(Birdman lmao) would have come back. There was no way this team was going to improve anymore. They peaked and the window closed.

-LeBron returning to Cleveland is a huge story that generates revenue. On top of this being a better move for on his legacy this shit is also going to make him more popular(for better or worse) than ever. He is also a business man.

-Cleveland was able to stockpile assets without him. If Cleveland doesn't get 3 number one overall picks in 4 years does he come back? Nope.

-Cleveland is still in the Eastern Conference. Eastern Conference = guaranteed trip to the Finals. Shitty conference and whichever team has LeBron wins it by default. He knows this. LeBron is a ***** and was never going to leave the East.

You need to add a last one:

It repairs the damage done by 'The Decision' to his legacy and ego, and winning a Championship in Cleveland will remove a lot of teh doubt and he will be loved forever.

Let's make no mistake folks, this was 100% about his legacy and ego and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana

you forgot cleveland will be getting even more high draft picks from miami, who is going to suck

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

He went back to cleveland and the first thing he did was try to lower expectations... lmao

Lebron should only make bad decisions. He should have signed with the Beijing Ducks and then "Tony Montana" would be satisfied

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Flash31
    Guaranteed to the Finals?

Fck no

2/5 will remain 2/5 bc Cavs are not making it to the Finals

but it's good to know The LeBron stans can go back to experiencing losing before the Finals again
    The East sucks. The Pacers are not a long term contender.

If the pieces align for the Chicago Bulls (get Melo, no injuries, Rose isn't done) they could have a shot. But other than that it's a guaranteed trip.

Quote Originally Posted by The_LA_Blakers
    You need to add a last one:

It repairs the damage done by 'The Decision' to his legacy and ego, and winning a Championship in Cleveland will remove a lot of teh doubt and he will be loved forever.

Let's make no mistake folks, this was 100% about his legacy and ego and nothing more.
    Sure. In my post that is the same as "returning to Cleveland generating hype/revenue" though.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    you forgot cleveland will be getting even more high draft picks from miami, who is going to suck
    I believe there is protection on those picks.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Your best and most rational thread TonyMontana.