Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Monta will be a FA

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

You don't put Parsons around Ellis/Dirk...you put guys like Ariza/Tyson/Avery Bradley/Aminu...etc. Obvious then and obvious now.
    thats exactly the point. parsons is sort of an antagonist on the court...

the only positive thing is, that looking back the offseason, Dirk showed that he still has a little bit gasoline in the tank. if we can reduce dirks minutes to 23-25 a game until playoffs would be great....but with this team right now we are in the lottery it the stacked west =D

i donnt wanna hear DJ DJ DJ, what an overrated scum. not worth max. not a franchise player. only franchise player are worth the max. not a game changer.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    Nothing led to this move. If you honestly believe that Monta was going to opt in then you are nuts. He wants to get PAID! No way to do that for settling about 8 mil for one more year.
    Sigh....it's not him opting out.

It's that we aren't keeping him now...and for good reasons...it doesn't make sense on this team now.

I'm saying...if we had not made the poor moves prior to this...he would have opted out and we would have and he would have wanted to stay with us.

I really don't see how you believe that Parsons was a bad signing. He was playing really well before he got hurt.

The real screw up was getting Rondo. It wrecked the offense and and messed up team chemistry. They also gave up several valuable pieces that could have probably been traded for Dragic who at minimum would have been a clear upgrade over Nelson and wouldn't have quit on the team like Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    I really don't see how you believe that Parsons was a bad signing. He was playing really well before he got hurt.

The real screw up was getting Rondo. It wrecked the offense and and messed up team chemistry. They also gave up several valuable pieces that could have probably been traded for Dragic who at minimum would have been a clear upgrade over Nelson and wouldn't have quit on the team like Rondo.

yea, he didnt play that bad, but he just wasnt consistent. that is the point.

saying that, parsons just mentioned in an interview that he wants the ball more in his hands, more responsability, more shots.
    so this is obvious against monta-ball.

thing is, that i dont see parsons as our "go to guy". he cant create is own shot, no go to move, just his pump fake who only works every third time. his shooting is way to inconsistent. his relative good shooting % this season was due to the fact, that he wasnt covered at all, he just had always free looks
    Last edited by pastis; 06-24-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

I'm saying...if we had not made the poor moves prior to this...he would have opted out and we would have and he would have wanted to stay with us.

Um, the Mavs have ton of caproom now where they could sign him. The Parsons move did not make the Mavs not want Ellis.

They viewed him as a stopgap. He was ever going to be here long term.

A few things here.

1. Wright was going to be traded pretty much no matter what. He was an expiring deal and we weren't going to keep a guy that can't play important minutes in the playoffs when we would have had to pay him. So Wright wasn't very valuable to imo. Crowder was good, but Aminu is better and I don't think Aminu gets the burn he did with Crowder remaining here. Draft picks hurt though imo.

2. I think the Rondo trade was in large part due to our signing of Parsons. If we had filled out the roster differently...we wouldn't have needed to make that move nor would we have even thought to.

3. Totally agree about Dragic.

The Mavs royally ****ed up these past couple of years. My god.

We really had potential to have a great team if the Mavs built better around Dirk and Ellis. Ariza over Parsons would have been a tremendous start. (Dmavs is pretty much on point with his targets)

I hope Ellis finds a great situation. I'll be rooting hard for him wherever he goes. Really wished he was still a Mav. One of my favorites.
    Last edited by DirkNowitzki41; 06-24-2015 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight

Um, the Mavs have ton of caproom now where they could sign him. The Parsons move did not make the Mavs not want Ellis.

They viewed him as a stopgap. He was ever going to be here long term.
    This just isn't true.

And I never said it was only the Parsons signing...I said it was the Parsons signing that led to this point.

Which it just did.

Our team would just look so different and better if we used that money to sign the guys I talked about.

How can you deny that?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    A few things here.

1. Wright was going to be traded pretty much no matter what. He was an expiring deal and we weren't going to keep a guy that can't play important minutes in the playoffs when we would have had to pay him. So Wright wasn't very valuable to imo. Crowder was good, but Aminu is better and I don't think Aminu gets the burn he did with Crowder remaining here. Draft picks hurt though imo.

2. I think the Rondo trade was in large part due to our signing of Parsons. If we had filled out the roster differently...we wouldn't have needed to make that move nor would we have even thought to.

3. Totally agree about Dragic.

The Rondo trade was made b/c they decided to swing for the fence on the season. Wright was obvious trade bait. Barring injury, Monta was always going to opt out from the money he originally signed.

Their mistake was not heavily pursuing Dragic b/c they wrongly assumed he was not available.

It may have still been a poor fit for last year but it still would have given them the chance to re-sign him in the offseason while Monta moved on.

I just don't see getting a huge upgrade at SF as some sort of horrid move that screwed the team when the mistake was going after a PG that straight up quit b/c he was butthurt that a coach w/an NBA title wanted to have control over the offense while he got up to speed.

You keep pushing Ariza but I've seen plenty of him and I just dont think he is anywhere near as good a fit for Dallas as Parsons is long term. (and this is even w/the injury potential)

The Rondo trade was made b/c they decided to swing for the fence on the season. Wright was obvious trade bait. Barring injury, Monta was always going to opt out from the money he originally signed.

Their mistake was not heavily pursuing Dragic b/c they wrongly assumed he was not available.

It may have still been a poor fit for last year but it still would have given them the chance to re-sign him in the offseason while Monta moved on.

I just don't see getting a huge upgrade at SF as some sort of horrid move that screwed the team when the mistake was going after a PG that straight up quit b/c he was butthurt that a coach w/an NBA title wanted to have control over the offense while he got up to speed.

You keep pushing Ariza but I've seen plenty of him and I just dont think he is anywhere near as good a fit for Dallas as Parsons is long term. (and this is even w/the injury potential)
    I wasn't just pushing Ariza. I pushed Ariza and IT (or other guard)...and if we do that...not only is our team better, but we don't make that Rondo trade because it wouldn't make sense. I'm confused here. You don't see how spending all of our cap on a sf while leaving guard incredibly thin didn't directly lead to us making a trade for a pg? Seems obvious the clear relation there.

We'd have made a different trade....because trading Wright/Crowder and a pick was smart and we should have...we just picked the wrong guy.

Of course Ellis was always going to opt out...but now we don't want to keep him (rightfully so...because it doesn't make sense on this team).

I feel like the 14 Mavs are extremely under-rated here. We were just a couple guys away from having a true contending team. Moving Calderon for Tyson was huge. We didn't need to go out and try to get a guy like Parsons that needs the ball a lot. We needed to fill out the roster and then make a move with the trade bait.

We'll see what happens, but as of now, our team is Dirk, Parsons, Harris, and Felton.

To me, that is pretty shitty considering our options in the summer of 14.

Maybe one team is stupid enough to give us a pick for Chandler Bang.

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann

lol wer? w

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann

I swear you were one of the ones running it when Parsons spurned the Rockets to go to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I swear you were one of the ones running it when Parsons spurned the Rockets to go to the dark side.
    He's a good player, that's why he has to leave. But it's hard to trade him with that contract.

[QUOTE=pastis]lol wer? w