Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Default Re: Wade Fans:Will You Ever Forgive Lebron For 2011 Finals?

I swear to you, I seriously considered crazy conspiracy theories, like LeBron was involved in gambling and intentionally tanked due to it.

It was the most bizarre thing I have ever seen. LeBron wasn't going down fighting, he was just "there".

I forgive him obviously, but it's true that it hurts to see Wade be snubbed for so long. That 2009 year should have been his MVP, and the all D team snubs in favor of overrated players like Kobe winning it on name alone......just sad.

But on top of all this, the refs rigged the 2011 Finals for the Mavs. That much is fact.

So what. Real Wade/Heat fans have been fighting the good fight for years. We know that Prime Wade is a better basketball/team player than Prime Kobe. There was a time, in Wade's prime, when we knew he was better than LeBron too. Now, Wade is older so that's not the case anymore.

Also, Wade is the man responsible for all of our success. Without Wade, Miami is still a mid-tier organization with 0 rings and we would still be suffering fans. Wade's amazing rookie season + playoffs, especially that shot on Baron Davis game winner.... that right there IMPRESSED Shaquille O'Neal, which made Shaq want to come to Miami when the Lakers were in the midst of their drama. Bam, Miami becomes a title contender, shoulda won it in 2005, but wins it all in 2006. Wade. Then fast forward, and once again, Wade brings in talent to play with him, this time Bron and Bosh.

I love Wade, he is tied for the best thing to ever happen to the Miami Heat... tied with Riles and Zo.

That's a'ight. As long as Wade retires in a Heat uniform, and he keeps up rackin the chips with Bron and Bosh, I'm good.

PJR,

You don't think after the 2013 season that a resume of:

2x FMVP
    4x Championships

Isn't significantly greater than:

FMVP
    3x Championships

???

How many players have 4x championship rings along with at least 2x FMVPs hardware trophies?

Was that a typo? Because 2011 was entirely Wade's fault.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Context, not box scores clowns ...

Difference being Wade had a number of clutch defensive plays and shot that he hit in the final minutes of close games against the Bulls, even though he didn't play well for much of the series.

Most notably the 3 point play plus the foul he hit on the road in Chicago to change the entire momentum of the game into the Heat's favor. Shortly after that it seemed LeBron finally had the confidence to hit some shots.

You know ... after Wade made the game changing plays.
    That was game 5. He didn't play all that well in game 3 and 4.

It's almost kind of pathetic how much you're trying to degrade Lebron's performance in the Bulls series.
    Last edited by HoopsFanNumero1; 05-14-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Wtf...if Lebron never went to Miami, there was no way Miami was getting past Boston and Chicago that year.

And they'd probably even have had problems in Round 1 getting past Atlanta or Orlando.

If you thought about that for a second, that coulda saved you from writing a pointless essay. But hey, that was a slightly entertaining read i guess.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Did you even watch the series? Wade wasnt able to deliver in the clutch either / close out games enough and had some very bad games to... Wade led them in PPG but that doesnt mean he didnt underperform, he had 3 games where he performed worse than Lebron overall and his Game 5 & especially Game 6 was horrible... it all got overshadowed/forgotten by everybody talking about Lebron underperforming, Lebron didnt even seem to try and perform, its not like he shot bad or something... his 18 ppg was the exact result of taking a backseat to Wade and Wade just wasnt able to deliver eventually....

Wades/Lebrons decisions cost them the Finals, they figured out very accurately who was gona take the backseat next year in order for them to succeed.... and look what happened... and will happen again...

The only way they were gona win that 11 Finals is if Lebron didnt take that backseat to Wade and performed up to his standards (taking more shots than he did is a good start, he averaged only 14 FGA), which means no FMVP for Wade anyways...
    The only game Wade played worse than lebron was game 6, and he was hurt. Lebron choked and period, game 4 sums it all.

And if i take your logic, and say lebron took the backseat for wade in 2011, i must say that the injured second fiddle wade, on only one good knee, gave a much better contribution to the heat than a prime "second fiddle" lebron james.

Dunking on everybody in the park dannysc305's Avatar

U guys think lebron sabotaged wade? Would he squander the opportunity to win his first ring just because wade overshadowed him? Sort of like that meme of lebrons reaction wheb wade won 2010 asg mvp and instead of clapping like everyone else he was in the corner all salty lookin n shit?LeBron kind of strikes me as a selfish two faced backstabbing disloyal person that does a great job vieling it. Im not too sure if lebron genuinely loves wade like a brother or if he over exxagerates it to stay on wades good side because he knows he needs a legit sidekick...idk but as a true lre lebron era heat fan it wouldnt surprise me one bit if he turns his back on declining wade and joins some other supreme talent im kinda bracing myself for it actually

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    his 18 ppg was the exact result of taking a backseat to Wade and Wade just wasnt able to deliver enough....
    You essentially just said the 2011 Finals loss was all on Wade.

Do you have LeBron's face tattooed on your shaft or something? You can't be serious even insinuating this.

2011 Finals loss was all on LeBron detaching himself ala the 2010 Cleveland Cavaliers playoffs, pouting, and being invisible on the court every game. And being a total non factor in crunch time.

Wade performed very well down the stretch for much of those games. Hell, I remember him blocking a Tyson Chandler dunk straight up.

Oh, revisionist history from absolutely disturbed LeBron stans. I don't know if you saw the same live game telecasts in Croatia that we all saw, pauk.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen1
    The only game Wade played worse than lebron was game 6, and he was hurt. Lebron choked and period, game 4 sums it all.

And if i take your logic, and say lebron took the backseat for wade in 2011, i must say that the injured second fiddle wade, on only one good knee, gave a much better contribution to the heat than a prime "second fiddle" lebron james.
    Lebron played better in game 1 and 6. Other than that, Wade was better.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    Lebron played better in game 1 and 6. Other than that, Wade was better.
    Game 1 is arguable. Wade was actually better in the 2nd half.

Banned

You essentially just said the 2011 Finals loss was all on Wade.

Do you have LeBron's face tattooed on your shaft or something? You can't be serious even insinuating this.

2011 Finals loss was all on LeBron detaching himself ala the 2010 Cleveland Cavaliers playoffs, pouting, and being invisible on the court every game. And being a total non factor in crunch time.

Wade performed very well down the stretch for much of those games. Hell, I remember him blocking a Tyson Chandler dunk straight up.

Oh, revisionist history from absolutely disturbed LeBron stans. I don't know if you saw the same live game telecasts in Croatia that we all saw, pauk.
    If Pauk's two thousand words essay wasn't embarrassing enough. Look at this: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=230174

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dannysc305
    U guys think lebron sabotaged wade? Would he squander the opportunity to win his first ring just because wade overshadowed him? Sort of like that meme of lebrons reaction wheb wade won 2010 asg mvp and instead of clapping like everyone else he was in the corner all salty lookin n shit?LeBron kind of strikes me as a selfish two faced backstabbing disloyal person that does a great job vieling it. Im not too sure if lebron genuinely loves wade like a brother or if he over exxagerates it to stay on wades good side because he knows he needs a legit sidekick...idk but as a true lre lebron era heat fan it wouldnt surprise me one bit if he turns his back on declining wade and joins some other supreme talent im kinda bracing myself for it actually
    Before The Decision, I remember hearing reports down here in Miami that Wade's family and friends did NOT want LeBron to come to Miami. They thought LeBron was going to come in here and "swoop" away what Wade has here with Micky Arison/Pat Riley and the Heat organization. They wanted him to roll with Bosh and have Riley finish building around them 2.

I never thought anything of it. But I do think it's weird and bizarre how LBJ vanished. It wasn't even like the Mavs were doing a good job on defense... they had Jason Kidd guarding him sometimes and Jason Terry... smaller defenders......way smaller...... though, in 2011, LBJ had not worked on developing his post game at all. During the 2012 championship run, you saw LBJ go to his post game moves a lot with great success.... something he simply didn't have in 2011. I remember after the 2011 Finals, Riles was like "Lebron you gotta get a go-to move, brah" and LBJ added the post game....

As far as LBJ acting shady.... he did try to get Spo fired and was bumping Spo, remember "Bumpgate"..... honestly, the Cavaliers did a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE job at helping LeBron James grow up into a respectable man. They basically spoiled him and let him do anything he wanted...... which is why 2011 LBJ still had bad habits he had to work on... like the pre-mature celebrations in the 2011 Finals trying to shadowbox Wade when the Heat went up 15 pts in the 4th quarter with only 7 mins left in the game.....

LBJ coming to Miami, under the tutelage and discipline of Pat Riley, Arison, and all these guys, it was the best thing for LeBron to grow as a man and become a better human being.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

It's as much Wade's fault as it is Lebron. Dallas' gameplan completely revolved around stopping Lebron, so, naturally, Wade should have stepped up more than he did.

NBA rookie of the year

PJR,

You don't think after the 2013 season that a resume of:

2x FMVP
    4x Championships

Isn't significantly greater than:

FMVP
    3x Championships

???

How many players have 4x championship rings along with at least 2x FMVPs hardware trophies?
    It would've looked nice, certainly. But it's all about context, though. Accolades on paper don't always tell the whole story.

James Worthy is a 3x Champion, with a Finals MVP, but that doesn't mean he's on Bird's level.

Plus I feel like Wade would still be criminally underrated regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    If Pauk's two thousand words essay wasn't embarrassing enough. Look at this: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=230174
    That post is the essence of what actually probably went through LeBron's mind. And why he visibly was so nonchalant on such a big stage, for all the marbles.

Wait, does that mean pauk is either Savanna James, Gloria James, or LeBron himself?

It all makes sense now. The fierce and disturbing defense of LeBron, even when he's clearly in the wrong, can only be attributed to this.