Local High School Star sirkeelma's Avatar

Default Ainge on trading Rondo: 'Nobody is untradeable, but I don't see that happening'

The Celtics are in a tough spot with Rajon Rondo. They have an All-Star caliber point guard still in his prime at 28-years-old, but after failing to land another star (like Kevin Love), they also remain stuck in the early stages of a rebuilding project.

The Celtics also drafted a point guard - Marcus Smart - with the sixth pick in June's draft, and if they can turn Rondo into a package of assets that includes a couple of promising young players and draft picks, they probably should before he becomes an unrestricted free agent next summer, when he can potentially walk away with Boston getting nothing in return.

Speaking at a church on Sunday, Celtics General Manager Danny Ainge responded to Rondo-related questions.

"The truthful answer is I really don't know," Ainge said about a trade, via the Worcester Telegram & Gazette. "I have no intention. I'm not trying to trade Rondo, but because he's a free agent this summer, he assured me that he wants to stay in Boston. We'd love to keep him in Boston."

"The possibility of a trade is not out of the question," Ainge added, "Nobody is untradeable, but I don't see that happening."

Already this offseason, Rondo and his agent have had to deny reports that he requested a trade, with Celtics President Rich Gotham confirming that Rondo never made the request.

Ainge may not see a trade happening right now, but if the young Celtics struggle through another season of what the GM admits is still "the development stages," and if they become concerned Rondo will walk as a free agent, they may not have a choice.

In addition, even if Ainge was trying to move Rondo as we speak, he would never come right out and say it publicly. Rival teams would hold much of the leverage in trade negotiations if they knew the Celtics were desperate to move the point guard.
    http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/585114

If Ainge dont want to trade Rondo. It's better he give him a best teammates.

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Ainge on trading Rondo: 'Nobody is untradeable, but I don't see that happening'

Trade Rondo for Rudy Gay the trade period coming up.

Banned

Default Re: Ainge on trading Rondo: 'Nobody is untradeable, but I don't see that happening'

Quote Originally Posted by hj01850
    That's a bad trade imo.

Quote Originally Posted by hj01850
    Why is that good?

Just Need to get mark gasol next off-season.

Can't envision many Rondo trades that would make sense for both teams