Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: Assassin's Creed Unity (next gen)

I've talked to two other people at work that have played the game for a couple of hours on PS4 and they have had the same impressions as myself and Thorp. There are minor things that are bothersome, but overall the game looks really really good.

I agree with Thorp on the massiveness as well. It's amazing how many NPC's are in a single shot at times, and I was taken back by the first viewpoint I did at how many buildings just that district had that stood out.

On the descent, I did notice that you can press and hold circle to slide off of roofs on to the ground. I didn't try it out but my coworker did and was very impressed with it. And agreed, the freerunning is very smooth. The first adult Arno mission is to get away from someone and I instantly noticed how easy it was to go where you wanted to go.

I also agree with Nightcrawler
    >;-(

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I've talked to two other people at work that have played the game for a couple of hours on PS4 and they have had the same impressions as myself and Thorp. There are minor things that are bothersome, but overall the game looks really really good.

I agree with Thorp on the massiveness as well. It's amazing how many NPC's are in a single shot at times, and I was taken back by the first viewpoint I did at how many buildings just that district had that stood out.

On the descent, I did notice that you can press and hold circle to slide off of roofs on to the ground. I didn't try it out but my coworker did and was very impressed with it. And agreed, the freerunning is very smooth. The first adult Arno mission is to get away from someone and I instantly noticed how easy it was to go where you wanted to go.

>;-(
    I apologize, I still have the movie in my head I think.

Also worth noting, the three dimensional map with the rotation stuff on it is a minor touch, but I like it.

So get this game or nah?

Too many mixed reviews for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    I'm getting bummed out, I was so excited to get it
    Same man, looks like this will be the first Assassins Creed game I don't play.

Wait a few days. I'll definitely be playing a lot more and post my reviews here.

These games look boring. Never been able to get into AC. Plus Ubisoft sucks. I won't buy an games rated T for teen. It just means the game play is sh*t. If I want to play fun kids games I'll buy a Nintendo console.

Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    These games look boring. Never been able to get into AC. Plus Ubisoft sucks. I won't buy an games rated T for teen. It just means the game play is sh*t. If I want to play fun kids games I'll buy a Nintendo console.
    What?

Sunshine State

I'm gonna buy it anyway, I'm going to enjoy it regardless of the reviews. The one I enjoyed the least of revelations and I still had fun with it, this can't be worse.

Revelations was a great game imo. For me, it goes:

II
    Brotherhood
    Revelations
    IV
    I
    III

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Revelations was a great game imo. For me, it goes:

II
    Brotherhood
    Revelations
    IV
    I
    III
    II
    Brotherhood
    IV
    Revelations
    I
    III

Almost the same.

I contradicted myself and said I liked Revelations the least, but I actually like it more than I obviously because it's much more expansive, and I just didn't like III.

Any news on the bugs? I hear the final product has been a total incomplete bug fest. Please chime in fellas...

*cough cough, Thorpe*

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Any news on the bugs? I hear the final product has been a total incomplete bug fest. Please chime in fellas...

*cough cough, Thorpe*

I've seen a couple wonky things. Trying to loot while your sword is still drawn yields this rediculous wagging the sword around and a machine gun whipping sound.

I'm still not that far. Just chewing up viewpoints and chests.

Sunshine State

Just finished sequence 9, my main gripe is how janky the free running can get, I've had like two frame rate issues. Story is pretty good, I like the customisation but I'm have trouble making money to buy anything. But now I have lockpick lvl 3 and now I'm gonna start getting all the chests.

Really like the rift levels, which only reinforces the fact that they need to make a WWII game.

Can anyone explain to me how the nomad chests work and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Just finished sequence 9, my main gripe is how janky the free running can get, I've had like two frame rate issues. Story is pretty good, I like the customisation but I'm have trouble making money to buy anything. But now I have lockpick lvl 3 and now I'm gonna start getting all the chests.

Really like the rift levels, which only reinforces the fact that they need to make a WWII game.

Can anyone explain to me how the nomad chests work and such?

Yeah, I really haven't gone through any of the sequences yet. I've mostly been hunting down chests and doing some side stuff, tracking down all the viewpoints. I've spent my money upgrading the theatre, which is now yielding some money. And I've spent a bit on bypassing some of the lesser weapons and just jumping to the best of the mid tier weapons.

I've tracked down Nomad Points on the map and they just don't accept. And the app they say you need to use (which is something that irritates the hell out of me based just on principal), doesn't seem to exist.

I've also had some juttery framerate issue in a few spots. There's definitely some pop in of NPCs if you're moving fast. I also seemed to climb down the inside of a wall last night only to pop back to the outside near the bottom.