Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Assassin's Creed Unity (next gen)

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Yeah I was just gonna say. It didn't take them 6 games, they advertised stealth in the first trailer of the first game (hiding within monks) and dozens of missions since have solely depended on using stealth. Just because they didn't employ the Splinter Cell style stealthy gameplay doesn't mean they didn't have any.

Haha yeah I thought everybody did that. I did end up dying once in a while because some buildings sucked for that (the Duomo in Florence is one). I'm having a hard time picturing what you mean by the fixed camera...
    That was the first one I thought of too as dying. One of the ones in AC4 got me too, which is surprising. Well the video explains how the game had different style cameras. One was action, one was free roam, one was cut scene, one was parkour, one was for boats, or horses, and there may be another I don't know. But now instead of having those (which personally I liked a lot) it's all locked camera, no moving it around, and its the same in every scenario.

Now, that's cool because its supposed to be intelligent enough to know what you want to do. But I don't trust it in the first iteration of it, in a game where it's a yearly release. I don't know I just feel like going with one camera is gonna be weird. Especially for parkour stuff.

I must've missed that in the video. I get it now and that's definitely somewhat worrying for me as well. I really liked the different cameras.

Yeah, I actually kind of liked the no Splinter Cell style stealth because it forced you to be more resourceful. However, now that there seems to be a significant amount of indoor gameplay they were kind of forced to include it. I think the parkour down is just way better stylistically. I didn't have a big problem dropping down and grabbing a ledge but it is just a lame gameplay option.
    Last edited by Jailblazers7; 08-13-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Jeez...

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose

I just read that today. This absoluted killed Dead Space for me. I didn't even come close to finishing DS3 because of it.

I think part of it was that I wasn't sure what it meant. I remember running into the first bench and having an option to buy some boosters. I thought it was like a pre-order bundle that I could've gotten had I pre-ordered from Amazon or Best Buy, so I figured sure, for 7 bucks, I'll grab it. I'm a bit of a completionist. But the further I got the more I saw, and I was never sure just how much was intended. I wasn't sure if I missed things and they were being offered to me after the fact, or if I wasn't going to be able to get these items moving forward. I really don't like this trend. And I'm not even a multiplayer guy, and on there it seems like a much bigger issue.

I think it solidifies people's opinion that these games are a huge cash grab for Ubisoft more than anything else. Arguing from that perspective, it's very obvious to me that Blackflag was mostly done as the complete opposite of AC3 whoch wasn't as popular.

I really hope Unity is actually a great great game that disproves that these people.

http://kotaku.com/https-www-youtube-...new-1639479744

That customization stuff makes me excited for this one. About to preorder it.

Banned

Don't know if I'll bother playing 3 or 4. I'll play Revelations to finish the Ezio trilogy but I'll probably skip on to Unity then.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Don't know if I'll bother playing 3 or 4. I'll play Revelations to finish the Ezio trilogy but I'll probably skip on to Unity then.
    Revelations is pretty crap

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Revelations is pretty crap
    Maybe, but I don't want to stop now. I want to finish Ezio's story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Maybe, but I don't want to stop now. I want to finish Ezio's story.
    Revelations isn't as good as the rest of the trilogy, but its a lot better than people (myself included) say. Its just so short, its a fun one time playthrough.

4 is my favorite of the series, its definitely worth a look particularly if you've always wanted a pirate game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Revelations isn't as good as the rest of the trilogy, but its a lot better than people (myself included) say. Its just so short, its a fun one time playthrough.
    You know I just played through Revelations again, which was the first time I touched it since the weekend following release. It's better than I remember. I didn't do any of the bomb crafting stuff and just kept refilling the ones I originally had and got through the whole game. The combat was still too easy but better than the abomination that was AC3 (the Janissaries were fun). I didn't like the slow animations for the last kill (they worked well for Arkham but not here). Overall the lack of lighting was annoying at times but it was more of a fun experience than I remembered. Still finished it in 6 hours or so. I didn't mind paying $60 for a short fun game since it came with AC1 on the disc so you got 2 games in 1.

Since AC3 is the only older game in the franchise that I only played once (BF is too new), I started playing that next. I'm up to the part where Connor visits Boston for the first time (not fully grown) and already there's something lacking in the game for me. I'll keep playing but I'm feeling the same disappointment I felt the first time around.

On topic, I gotta say I'm getting pretty hyped up for Unity.
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 10-06-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    You know I just played through Revelations again, which was the first time I touched it since the weekend following release. It's better than I remember. I didn't do any of the bomb crafting stuff and just kept refilling the ones I originally had and got through the whole game. The combat was still too easy but better than the abomination that was AC3 (the Janissaries were fun). I didn't like the slow animations for the last kill (they worked well for Arkham but not here). Overall the lack of lighting was annoying at times but it was more of a fun experience than I remembered. Still finished it in 6 hours or so. I didn't mind paying $60 for a short fun game since it came with AC1 on the disc so you got 2 games in 1.

Since AC3 is the only older game in the franchise that I only played once (BF is too new), I started playing that next. I'm up to the part where Connor visits Boston for the first time (not fully grown) and already there's something lacking in the game for me. I'll keep playing but I'm feeling the same disappointment I felt the first time around.

On topic, I gotta say I'm getting pretty hyped up for Unity.
    Was that like a ps3 exclusive? Because I don't think the 360 version did, otherwise I would have been happier about it. I think in a weird way that game aged kinda well. Because the missions are really fun, the story is good, but not as good as the other two Ezio games. The combat is exactly what you said, but it's better now to me for some reason. I don't know why that is. But I just feel like it's a better game now somehow. Maybe it's because I was so disappointed after 2 perfect games that instead of saying that's an 8 or 9 game, I thought it was a hugely disappointing game.

I actually played AC3 again not too long ago. While it's not by any stretch of the imagination amazing, I can't say I didn't like it. I love the combat/woods area/the story. It's just some of the side missions were atrocious. And Boston/New York are just bad. Sooooo bad.