Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 11-25-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Talking A Fresh Injection of "Winpower"

Quote:
A Fresh Injection of "Winpower"
Jim Dochterman, SpursReport
Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Someone looking at today's box score will see that Manu Ginobili scored 12 points in 11 minutes of play during his first game since ankle surgery this past summer.

They'll see that he also contributed four rebounds and one assist, but what they'll never see is that which can not be measured.

"Manu Ginobili brings something you don't know that you missed until you see how he lifts everyone around him," said one television analyst. "The Spurs just play so much better when he's on the court."

In point of fact, it didn't even look like Ginobili had missed any time away from the lineup. Even the Spurs' new players looked like they had been playing with him for years and that must give the Spurs reason to feel great today.

His facile control of the ball and flowing movement was something the Spurs sorely missed.

Some had worried that he might not be the same player he was before his ankle surgery, his uncomplicated performance and made his shooting, cutting and dunking look like child's play.

"He really picked us up in a time when we were struggling," said Tim Duncan. "It's great to have him back. I can't wait to see his minutes continue to grow."

"He made a great contribution," added coach Gregg Popovich. "I think he looked as good as he has during the last couple of practices going five-on-five."

It was obvious that Ginobili was ready to play. If anyone was cautious, it was his coach.

"I didn't want to play him too much, but I was pleased to see that he got his rhythm back so quickly," said Popovich. "I didn't want to over do it. he's too important to us. We'll see how he comes out of it tomorrow."

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

Last edited by ScolaFan : 11-26-2008 at 12:31 AM.
ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: