Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pippen not "best player" in Scandanavian league

"He is the best player in the league," Honka coach Mihailo Pavicevic said. "[Trail Blazers] coach Nate [McMillan] asked me how he was doing, and I said, 'Coach, he'll be ready for you.' He's a real point guard, and he has a head for that position; he is able to create for others and for himself.
    Pippen was more impressed with the overall basketball being played in this part of the globe.

"There are players I played with in Finland and Sweden that are more talented than players who are playing in the NBA," Pippen said. "But you have to fall in the right spot; you have to go to a team that needs somebody of your caliber."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...=Pippen-080114

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Pippen "best player" in Scandanavian league

Well, if you're scoring 21 points, then the guys there aren't as talented.

Looks like he's in pretty good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    Well, if you're scoring 21 points, then the guys there aren't as talented.

Exactly I do not think that players from Sweden and Finland are better than those players that are currently playing in the D-League.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    Looks like he's in pretty good shape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K2LQH1tAoQ

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Obviously "best player" means Koponen.

Not airballing my layups anymore

How many incredibly tall and big boobed Scandanavian chicks did Pippen bone while on this tour? I can't even imagine it.

OPM
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    Yeah, if anyone actually read the pice they would have read that they were referring to Kaponen as the best player, and he was telling McMillan that because the Blazers hold the rights to him. He isn't over here yet due to military duties, but he will be shortly... But yeah, he wasn't talking about Pippen in that first quote that the OP posted.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23

Pippen's only saying some are better than NBA players to make himself look better. Hilarious when he banked that three and also to see him blowing by guys at that age. The defense was laughable, wow.
    Last edited by mhg88; 01-16-2008 at 03:28 AM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

He didnt say the whole league is. He said some players are more talented than some people in the NBA. Why is that hard to believe? There are people in the NBA who ARE the guys from france and sweden and end up back there. There are NBA players less talented than people currently in HS. All kinds of 18-20 yearolds in europe could be the next big thing and turn up here barely better than they are now. And unless they are the worst players in the league right away Scottie would be right. I could see the best players in any number of leagues being better than the worst of the worst in the NBA.

I bet there are plenty of guys who will never make the NBA who could help a team as much as Eric Snow or Mark Madsen can at times.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 01-16-2008 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne

I heard that Drew Gooden is Half Finnish. I am not saying that he is better than Koponen but if he never played in the USA Team ( HS/ College) he can actually played for the Finnish National Team in the near future.

Source:

[quote]Gooden is half Finnish; his father, Andrew Gooden, met Drew's mother, Ulla, while playing pro basketball in

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    He didnt say the whole league is. He said some players are more talented than some people in the NBA. Why is that hard to believe? There are people in the NBA who ARE the guys from france and sweden and end up back there. There are NBA players less talented than people currently in HS. All kinds of 18-20 yearolds in europe could be the next big thing and turn up here barely better than they are now. And unless they are the worst players in the league right away Scottie would be right. I could see the best players in any number of leagues being better than the worst of the worst in the NBA.

I bet there are plenty of guys who will never make the NBA who could help a team as much as Eric Snow or Mark Madsen can at times.
    Yeah I kinda jumped the gun. I was just making a comparison between those guys on the floor with the guys who you'd normally see on the floor in the NBA and saw an enormous difference. As far as being better than the worst of the worst I can't argue with that. But I can't help but think Pippen may have a little bit of an agenda as far as "look at me, I'm doing good in a league with NBA-level talent, please sign me (insert championship contender here)"

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Gooden is half Finnish; his father, Andrew Gooden,
    Drew Gooden's father's name is Andrew Gooden? So his son's name will be something like Rew Gooden or Ew Gooden.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Pippen looks like a giant next to some of those players!

And I'm glad to hear Koponen is still looking good for my Blazers.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

21 points, 12 rebounds, six assists and two steals in 30 minutes of action. At least for his age cause he's 42 years old. He's in good shape.