Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default It seems like everyone has written off the Hawks

Between the lack of Hawkfan "BREAKING" threads, the Hawks going 6-4 the last 10 games, and the "Free pass to the finals for the Cavs" threads, it seems like everyone has written off the Hawks to make the finals.

Does ISH really consider these guys to be a non-factor in the playoffs? I think they can make noise. They have great ball movement and coaching, and a pestering defense. I have feared Atlanta in the playoffs this year far more than I feared the healthy Chicago Bulls.

Default Re: It seems like everyone has written off the Hawks

Still on the bandwagon.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Between the lack of Hawkfan "BREAKING" threads, the Hawks going 6-4 the last 10 games, and the "Free pass to the finals for the Cavs" threads, it seems like everyone has written off the Hawks to make the finals.

Does ISH really consider these guys to be a non-factor in the playoffs? I think they can make noise. They have great ball movement and coaching, and a pestering defense. I have feared Atlanta in the playoffs this year far more than I feared the healthy Chicago Bulls.
    Yes. They aren't big enough to deal with slower paced games and they don't have a superstar that can create shots when they need it. The team ball concept works great, but the Spurs are so good at it because Tony Parker, Manu, and Timmy can all get their shot when they need it. The Hawks will not make it out the East. I guarantee it.

They play out East so they get a 1st round bye, and they can certainly win a 2nd round series.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

As much as I expected the ECF to be the Cavs and Bulls, it could very well now be Cavs and Hawks because of Rose going down. A healthy Cavs, and a healthy Bulls were not going down to them.

Since Cavs made their big trade nobody is going to beat them in the East.
    Stacked, No excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    As much as I expected the ECF to be the Cavs and Bulls, it could very well now be Cavs and Hawks because of Rose going down. A healthy Cavs, and a healthy Bulls were not going down to them.

Since Cavs made their big trade nobody is going to beat them in the East.
    Stacked, No excuses.
    The Bulls were never beating the Hawks. Stop. Just to put it in perspective, the Cavs won like 16/18 and everyone is on their d1ck but that isn't even half of what hawks did going 34/36. One of the greatest runs in NBA history. I seriously can't believe you actually think the Bulls were better even though they've done ZERO to prove so. Idk why you think they are entitled to something they haven't earned. I guess ESPN tries to hype them up because of what MJ did 25 years ago so people will eventually believe it if they hear it enough

NBA rookie of the year

People need to start paying attention to the Hawks level of play when Demarre Carroll or Thabo Sefolosha are not in the lineup.

They are the reason the Hawks are an elite team.

People have just calmed down now. I think most of the legitimate Hawks fans still think their team has a good chance, it's just not been plastered all over the forums like it was during the streak. Especially if Rose is out, the only way I don't see it being a Hawks/Cavs Eastern final is if they have to play earlier in the playoffs

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    The Bulls were never beating the Hawks. Stop. Just to put it in perspective, the Cavs won like 16/18 and everyone is on their d1ck but that isn't even half of what hawks did going 34/36. One of the greatest runs in NBA history. I seriously can't believe you actually think the Bulls were better even though they've done ZERO to prove so. Idk why you think they are entitled to something they haven't earned. I guess ESPN tries to hype them up because of what MJ did 25 years ago so people will eventually believe it if they hear it enough
    What you do in the first half of the season has absolutely nothing to do with the playoffs. The Pacers last year should have taught you that. A complete bulls team with Rose playing even at 80% of his former, plus the size advantage they have would have wrecked the Hawks on the boards.

Hawks are a great story, but when you play a team for 7 games and the flow of tempo switches and coaches game plan for your specific style things change greatly. Less fouls are called, and the ones that generally do happen go to the big name stars - for obvious NBA marketing reasons.

An ECF of the Cavs vs the Bulls meant huge ratings and the set up for another 2-3 year rivalry. That type of coverage keeps the NBA growing across the world and helps their brand. If you really think Atlanta would have a global impact for the NBA you are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    People need to start paying attention to the Hawks level of play when Demarre Carroll or Thabo Sefolosha are not in the lineup.

They are the reason the Hawks are an elite team.

Banned

who's been written off? the seahawks? hawthorn hawks?

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    What you do in the first half of the season has absolutely nothing to do with the playoffs. The Pacers last year should have taught you that. A complete bulls team with Rose playing even at 80% of his former, plus the size advantage they have would have wrecked the Hawks on the boards.

Hawks are a great story, but when you play a team for 7 games and the flow of tempo switches and coaches game plan for your specific style things change greatly. Less fouls are called, and the ones that generally do happen go to the big name stars - for obvious NBA marketing reasons.

An ECF of the Cavs vs the Bulls meant huge ratings and the set up for another 2-3 year rivalry. That type of coverage keeps the NBA growing across the world and helps their brand. If you really think Atlanta would have a global impact for the NBA you are delusional.
    Dude, you just keeping some BS explanation "Oh in the playoffs it will all work out, nothing the Hawks did mattered what so ever". It literally holds no merit at all. It's LAZY and you know you're wrong.

How do people say Hawks fans when Bulls fans like yourself say this crap so they can feel better about their average team? It's really annoying and I honestly think you're trolling, because no one can actually believe that saying, "Oh we just gunna get gud in da playoffs" is a good argument. Seriously, that's just terrible.'

The worst part is how you try to present yourself as objective but you are the biggest homer on the whole damn site.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Dude, you just keeping some BS explanation "Oh in the playoffs it will all work out, nothing the Hawks did mattered what so ever". It literally holds no merit at all. It's LAZY and you know you're wrong.

How do people say Hawks fans when Bulls fans like yourself say this crap so they can feel better about their average team? It's really annoying and I honestly think you're trolling, because no one can actually believe that saying, "Oh we just gunna get gud in da playoffs" is a good argument. Seriously, that's just terrible.'

The worst part is how you try to present yourself as objective but you are the biggest homer on the whole damn site.
    Dude, calm down..He didn't even disrespect your team in the least...He simply gave his opinion and it seems pretty thought out...He did the same thing in his first post, yet you still seem so offended. Would you just like everyone to come in here and crown the Haws champs? Whats the difference between him acting like the Hawks will lose in the playoffs because of their lack of postseason success and you and other Hawks fans crowing them champs because of their first half success....

Dem double standards doe....

Anyway though, my opinion is the Hawks are an excellent team and are capable of beating the Bulls even if the Bulls were healthy. I'm not sure about Cleveland just because they are so stacked and I feel Lebron will turn it up in the playoffs, they don't have much playoff experience outside of Lebron other than Jr Smith I guess? Atlanta has more experience but I think Lebron having experience may be enough...

Now, I await my tongue thrashing from any Hawks fan that feels like doing it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Dude, calm down..He didn't even disrespect your team in the least...He simply gave his opinion and it seems pretty thought out...He did the same thing in his first post, yet you still seem so offended. Would you just like everyone to come in here and crown the Haws champs? Whats the difference between him acting like the Hawks will lose in the playoffs because of their lack of postseason success and you and other Hawks fans crowing them champs because of their first half success....

Dem double standards doe....

Anyway though, my opinion is the Hawks are an excellent team and are capable of beating the Bulls even if the Bulls were healthy. I'm not sure about Cleveland just because they are so stacked and I feel Lebron will turn it up in the playoffs, they don't have much playoff experience outside of Lebron other than Jr Smith I guess? Atlanta has more experience but I think Lebron having experience may be enough...

Now, I await my tongue thrashing from any Hawks fan that feels like doing it.....
    How about the double standard against Hawks fans? This guy can spew his "oh even though the Bulls have been past the 2nd round once since MJ (yes I'm well aware of the hawks history) it's all gonna work out in the playoffs out of nowhere" garbage yet when the Hawks hype up their team on one of the greatest runs in history (most of it was warranted aside from the blatantly obvious troll threads) they are obnoxious and annoying. That's the main issue I have. The Bulls have done nothing aside from being "The Bulls" to gain the hype they receive where as the Hawks have done so much more than the hype they've received yet Bulls fans still spew their crap.

Beastee is one of the top 3 guys you'll see shitting on "obnoxious hawks fans" yet says all kinds of garbage. That annoys me.
    Last edited by atljonesbro; 02-25-2015 at 08:00 PM.

5-time NBA All-Star

My favorite team of the contenders.