Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Default Re: People think rose and gasol will turn the worst offense in the league into contenders

This is the stupidest thread in a long time.

And the ones agreeing with the OP, obviously even bigger morons.

Good High School Starter ThemBombs's Avatar

Default Re: People think rose and gasol will turn the worst offense in the league into contenders

this Bulls team >>>>> the Bulls team that won 62 games in 2011. barring injuries they should be competing for the best record in the NBA with Cleveland.

anyone who believes that the Bulls won't be elite status after all these added pieces have never watched the Bulls play and don't know what they're talking about.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    I literally couldn't believe my eyes reading this post. You are far off.

Taj Gibson and Nikola Mirotic are also on the roster, heard of em? Also Aussie big man rookie Bairstow and Nazr to eat up garbage minutes.

The Bulls next 2 big man off the bench are starter caliber to say the least, and can each play 30 mpg each if needed.

Thibs can rest Pau as often as he wants to. Pau is in a great situation flanked by Noah, Taj, and Niko.
    You're correct Thibs can rest him but judging by how he manages minutes I don't see it happening.

Not counting Rose there were 8 players averaging over 28 minutes a game last season. 7 if you don't count Deng.

Again if you don't count Rose and Deng there were 4 players who averaged over 30 minutes per game and Butler was second in the league in minutes per game.

In comparison the Spurs only had 3 players average over 28 minutes per game and 0(zero) players averaged over 30 minutes per game.

I'm not being critical of Thibs but its clear that he doesn't manage the minutes as much as he leans on his rotation.

Going back to my point about extending the career of players I don't think there's much to compare here. Can you cite any examples of Thibs extending the career of any players through game and minute management? Whereas we can easily point to a half dozen or dozen or so players who have finished off the last 2-3 years of their career playing limited but meaningful minutes for Pop.

Again...I like Thibs, great coach just not the kind of coach that is going to manage minutes. If he can keep Pau's minutes under 25 per game and limit him on back to backs then I'll retract but I don't see that happening.

He will ride him if he's healthy and Pau hasn't exactly been the best of health the last few seasons. He hasn't played 82 games in some 4 or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    I literally couldn't believe my eyes reading this post. You are far off.

Taj Gibson and Nikola Mirotic are also on the roster, heard of em? Also Aussie big man rookie Bairstow and Nazr to eat up garbage minutes.

The Bulls next 2 big man off the bench are starter caliber to say the least, and can each play 30 mpg each if needed.

Thibs can rest Pau as often as he wants to. Pau is in a great situation flanked by Noah, Taj, and Niko.
    He's not so far off. Thibs let's his starters play big minutes in the regular season. Pop is the exact opposite.