Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #16
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,336
Default Re: I seriously feel horrible for the young talent on the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper
All of Bran's stats are longevity stats.
Good lord, you're retarded. You can use any per game stat or advanced metric and LeBron still comes out as a top 3 GOAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper
Consensus amongst media pencilnecks who can't play the game and want to feel included (like yourself) so they use advanced stats and think they know anything when in reality they don't know shit about the game
I really don't need advanced stats to know that Kobe averaged 22 PPG on 38% over his first 4 Finals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper
Amongst HOFS/coaches/GMs Kobe is consensus top 5. That is just a fact.
Except for the fact that he's not.

Again, what does any of this shit have to do with my reply to elementally morale? I'll ask again. Are you upset because I posted the truth about your boyfriend, little girl?
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:41 PM   #17
superduper
#StriveForCheapRings
 
superduper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Wherever Bran colludes next
Posts: 1,117
Default Re: I seriously feel horrible for the young talent on the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
Good lord, you're retarded. You can use any per game stat or advanced metric and LeBron still comes out as a top 3 GOAT.


I really don't need advanced stats to know that Kobe averaged 22 PPG on 38% over his first 4 Finals.


Except for the fact that he's not.

Again, what does any of this shit have to do with my reply to elementally morale? I'll ask again. Are you upset because I posted the truth about your boyfriend, little girl?

Why do Dirk and Wade have Kobe as the best of their era? Are you upset no one respects your boyfriend except media statnerd blogbois such as yourself?
superduper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:45 PM   #18
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,336
Default Re: I seriously feel horrible for the young talent on the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper
Why do Dirk and Wade have Kobe as the best of their era? Are you upset no one respects your boyfriend except media statnerd blogbois such as yourself?
Again, what does any of this shit have to do with my reply to elementally morale? I'll ask again. Are you upset because I posted the truth about your boyfriend, little girl?
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:27 PM   #19
elementally morale
NBA rookie of the year
 
elementally morale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,309
Default Re: I seriously feel horrible for the young talent on the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
I'm assuming that you love Kobe's game? What is there to really like in watching a selfish ballhog chuck up 25 shots a night a brick 60% of them, while making probably one good pass a week?

BTW, Kyrie is a really good player and had the best season of his career WITH LeBron. Wade is a top 3 GOAT SG and had a terrific season WITH LeBron, when he was healthy, in '11.


If I'm a GM I'm taking LeBron and not Kobe. That being said, as a fan? Kobe all the way.

But this thread is about the current Lakers. o I like LeBron on the team? No. Would I switch him for Kobe's 19th season? No. Kobe's 12th season? Maybe.

We have LeBron and it'st not a hypothetical.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:09 PM   #20
Mr Feeny
ISH vigilant
 
Mr Feeny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Jackson Hall, Wyoming
Posts: 7,433
Default Re: I seriously feel horrible for the young talent on the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
If I'm a GM I'm taking LeBron and not Kobe. That being said, as a fan? Kobe all the way.

But this thread is about the current Lakers. o I like LeBron on the team? No. Would I switch him for Kobe's 19th season? No. Kobe's 12th season? Maybe.

We have LeBron and it'st not a hypothetical.

I think that i would take LeBron if I were a GM, but I'd also prefer him as a fan because he's simply a much better player.

Who wouldn't I want a much superior player on my team? Not following your line of thought.
Mr Feeny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:16 PM   #21
elementally morale
NBA rookie of the year
 
elementally morale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,309
Default Re: I seriously feel horrible for the young talent on the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
I think that i would take LeBron if I were a GM, but I'd also prefer him as a fan because he's simply a much better player.

Who wouldn't I want a much superior player on my team? Not following your line of thought.


Well, it boils down to two things. But in the end it's one thing.

1) Style of play (beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it's subjective)
2) How much you can enjoy someone's shortcomings (it's important if you want to marry someone, for example. All women [and men] have downsides... choose someone whose bad side at least amuses you)


But it is basically the same thing: Entertainment value. To me, Kobe was interesting. Was he the best player I've seen? Not at all. But he was entertaining. Did he have serious issues as a player and as a human being? Absolutely. But I enjoyed it.

LeBron to me... well, he is boring.

It has nothing to do with who is better.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #22
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,336
Default Re: I seriously feel horrible for the young talent on the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
If I'm a GM I'm taking LeBron and not Kobe. That being said, as a fan? Kobe all the way.

But this thread is about the current Lakers. o I like LeBron on the team? No. Would I switch him for Kobe's 19th season? No. Kobe's 12th season? Maybe.

We have LeBron and it'st not a hypothetical.
That does not answer my question.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:28 PM   #23
superduper
#StriveForCheapRings
 
superduper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Wherever Bran colludes next
Posts: 1,117
Default Re: I seriously feel horrible for the young talent on the Lakers

I give it 3 weeks max once season starts until Bran throws everyone under the bus and DEMANDS an overhaul of over half the team which has been Bran's MO since 2011.

#StriveForGreatness
superduper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:32 PM   #24
Bosnian Sajo
Why?
 
Bosnian Sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The ISH Grim Reaper
Posts: 10,433
Default Re: I seriously feel horrible for the young talent on the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
The only player on last years' Lakers I felt had/has great talent is Kuzma. Ingram could be another one but he has serious mental issues. Therefore, I think Ingram will be helped by LeBron. Lonzo looked very far from being a starting PG on a good team. Hart... I didn't see enough of. There were two players I really liked: Kuzma and Nance. Randle... he is a bit like Ingram... different issues but issues nevertheless.

So really... which players' games could LeBron-ball potentially hurt? Kuzma's for sure. Hart's... maybe. Some may say Ingram... I disagree because Ingram hurts his own game himself.

We will survive though. We've been through a lot worse than a top 10 all time great joining our team.

Kuzma and Nance are the only ones you really liked?


I'm sorry, but idk how anyone could witness Randle's 21/10 average after the all star break and NOT be impressed. Also Ingram at the beginning of the season when he was actually healthy, and Lonzo's many games where he took over and got us the dub (Against the Spurs, for example).


The fact that you mentioned Nance...lmfao.


I'm very excited to see this team play. We still got our young stars, we got the best player in the game, and a large amount of high IQ playmakers/defenders.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #25
lakerstekkenn
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 497
Default Re: I seriously feel horrible for the young talent on the Lakers

Everyone acting like Luke didn't and couldn't coach a 73 win team Golden State and didn't have everyone's blessing and back and had no trouble from none of these, championship players, when Kerr was hurt and out, not one Worriers player including Green complained about Luke and they all blessed him.

Luke won't be the problem why these Lakers fail, if they do, it will be the building process and star free agents that they get, James knows the Lakers are better at signing all stars then Cleveland is and is banking on the Lakers to get him talent within a year or 2, something Cleveland couldn't due.

Now Luke might get fired to save someone else job, for not bringing in the right talent and failing, but it won't be because of bad coaching, at all.
lakerstekkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:21 PM   #26
tamaraw08
College star
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,781
Default Re: I seriously feel horrible for the young talent on the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
Kuzma and Nance are the only ones you really liked?


I'm sorry, but idk how anyone could witness Randle's 21/10 average after the all star break and NOT be impressed. Also Ingram at the beginning of the season when he was actually healthy, and Lonzo's many games where he took over and got us the dub (Against the Spurs, for example).


The fact that you mentioned Nance...lmfao.


I'm very excited to see this team play. We still got our young stars, we got the best player in the game, and a large amount of high IQ playmakers/defenders.
Elementary Morale has a serious man crush on Kuzma, starting threads like he's the hands down best Laker player last season, while down playing the value of Ingram and other teammates like Randle.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:47 PM   #27
uber
#Polish Hammer
 
uber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 839
Default Re: I seriously feel horrible for the young talent on the Lakers

Yeah poor guys, learning from one of the greatest basketball players of all time ..
uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:36 PM   #28
elementally morale
NBA rookie of the year
 
elementally morale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,309
Default Re: I seriously feel horrible for the young talent on the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
Kuzma and Nance are the only ones you really liked?


I'm sorry, but idk how anyone could witness Randle's 21/10 average after the all star break and NOT be impressed. Also Ingram at the beginning of the season when he was actually healthy, and Lonzo's many games where he took over and got us the dub (Against the Spurs, for example).


The fact that you mentioned Nance...lmfao.



Why?

We are free to like what we like. I tend to like skills (kuzma) and effort (nance). Others value other things, like athletic ability or shooting touch. As far as I could tell, Kuzma had the most talent on last years' team. His defense needs improvement but it's doable.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #29
Bosnian Sajo
Why?
 
Bosnian Sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The ISH Grim Reaper
Posts: 10,433
Default Re: I seriously feel horrible for the young talent on the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
Why?

We are free to like what we like. I tend to like skills (kuzma) and effort (nance). Others value other things, like athletic ability or shooting touch. As far as I could tell, Kuzma had the most talent on last years' team. His defense needs improvement but it's doable.

Then you must have LOVED Randle, because he was the most skilled effort player on the team last year lol.



I love this offseason and what we did with the team, everything EXCEPT for the Randle situation. The most painful part about it is the fact that we could of fairly easily been able to hold onto Randle...Him and Rondo got the exact same yearly contract. Considering Rondo played last season for the minimum in New Orleans, we could have given Randle the 9m and given Rondo what we gave Stephenson (since we got Hart off the bench).



We don't have a good center and idk how we will be able to overcome that. No big man on the offensive side or defensive side. Last year, Randle guarded all the best big men; whether that was Davis, Embiid, or Towns. Now who will, Mcgee? Zubac? Because other than them 2, we literally don't have a big man
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy