Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

View Poll Results: Do you think Lebron James is GOAT?
Yes he's GOAT or arguable for GOAT 34 30.91%
No but he's definitely top 5 greatest ever 32 29.09%
No, he's lower than top 5 44 40.00%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2018, 03:39 PM   #106
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 7,711
Default Re: Do you think Lebron James is arguably GOAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Webster
How are you going to have those guys bolded and not pauk? He's probably the biggest LeBron apologist on this board.

I was told that he used to be a shit ton worse until some legend named Phong educated him to the point where he didn't suck lebron's nuts so much making 10 posts about him daily.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 05:56 PM   #107
Manny98
Great college starter
 
Manny98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 3,677
Default Re: Do you think Lebron James is arguably GOAT?

Kobe/Jordan stan alts really came through on this poll
Manny98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:57 PM   #108
nineiron
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,107
Default Re: Do you think Lebron James is arguably GOAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
Kobe/Jordan stan alts really came through on this poll

Lmfao, you bran stans are so delusional. Just because you used 10 of your alts to vote, lmfao
nineiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:26 AM   #109
knicksman
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,203
Default Re: Do you think Lebron James is arguably GOAT?

Not all people are shallow who just judges people based on style/appearance. There are people who go for substance. Same in basketball. We just dont judge players based on stats, we go for substance too which lebron lacks. And thats the reason why he needs superteams. Coz hes not that good.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:02 AM   #110
iamgine
...
 
iamgine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 13,904
Default Re: Do you think Lebron James is arguably GOAT?

Seems the consensus thus far is:

Majority think Lebron is definitely top 5 all time although the majority don't think he's GOAT or arguable for GOAT.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:25 AM   #111
Lakers Legend#32
College star
 
Lakers Legend#32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Low Rent Dist of Raider Nation
Posts: 4,183
Default Re: Do you think Lebron James is arguably GOAT?

LeBron has a physicality that Jordan never had. That's why I place him as GOAT.
Plus he with the Lakers now.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:55 AM   #112
Gus Hemmingway
Banned
 
Gus Hemmingway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 6,067
Default Re: Do you think Lebron James is arguably GOAT?

60% in the Top 5

Majority of those in the Top 2



Overwhelming consensus
Gus Hemmingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:30 AM   #113
bond10
Made that high school varsity squad
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 729
Default Re: Do you think Lebron James is arguably GOAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
That is just flat out verifiably incorrect. Players and coaches have been discussing it for some time....and hes been picked ahead of the likes of Jordan. Its just....a fact. He shouldn't be...but it happened. I don't know what we get out of pretending nobody said it.

They have to build hype around current players, even if they have to spew crap they don't really believe. It's PR and it's what keeps their paycheck stable. Look at Magic, he changes his "best player ever" every couple of years.
bond10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:29 PM   #114
3ball
NBA Legend
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 16,215
Default Re: Do you think Lebron James is arguably GOAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
Because is a much better individual player than Kareem. Statistically speaking, he blows Kareem out of the water.

While Jordan has the highest PER and ws/48 in NBA history (and I don't see anyone reaching those marks), LeBron can make his case by going for the cumulative marks, like VORP, DPM, the All time scoring record.

Only MJ is top 2 in VORP, BPM, PER, and WS/48... Lebron can't touch that

MJ also had the all-time record in plus-minus (1996), before curry broke the mark in 2016

So MJ has better summary stats.. And scored 5 more ppg in playoffs and regular season bulls career, on better efficiency per possession (ortg) and nearly equal true shooting.. MJ is simply better using any measure
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:21 PM   #115
superduper
#StriveForCheapRings
 
superduper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Wherever Bran colludes next
Posts: 1,117
Default Re: Do you think Lebron James is arguably GOAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
LeBron has a physicality that Jordan never had. That's why I place him as GOAT.
Plus he with the Lakers now.

So the fact that Bran accomplished LESS than Jordan with the MOST athleticism in NBA/sports history somehow bumps Bran up to GOAT?

Bran stan logic in a fking nutshell
superduper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:55 PM   #116
ClipperRevival
NBA rookie of the year
 
ClipperRevival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,496
Default Re: Do you think Lebron James is arguably GOAT?

Option 2. If there was no Michael Jeffrey Jordan, he might have a case with everyone else but as it stands, no one has a case for GOAT. He's top 5 for sure though.
ClipperRevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:00 PM   #117
Stephonit
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 337
Default Re: Do you think Lebron James is arguably GOAT?

What is his argument over Curry?
Stephonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:46 PM   #118
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,336
Default Re: Do you think Lebron James is arguably GOAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retard5Rings2014
1.) LeBron
2.) Shaq
3.) Jordan
4.) KAJ
5.) Magic
6.) Russell
7.) Bird
8.) Hakeem
9.) Duncan
10. Brick
FTFY, my little autistic friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retard5Rings2014
Alts alts alts!

Why you crying though, little one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retard5Rings2014
I used the only thing you B ran stans know. Communicating in your native tongue that your lover boy isn't top 5.
You put Duncan at #2. Even Duncan would call you a clinically retarded faggot for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retard5Rings2014
The top 5 (and top 10 for that matter) is completely subjective. Stop being a fascist. The penalty for not sharing the same opinion as you is not death, weirdo. So, you admit to blatantly trolling then? Good to see you finally wearing the face that was made for you all along. Fits you well, Cuckj1987.
Stop getting your libturd panties in a bunch. Are you on your period, BTW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retard5Rings2014
Just because you say something doesn't make it so. Get that ego under control before stepping to a knowledgeable bball fan such as I again, my little Indian punching bag.

Please stop embarrassing yourself. Why do you insist on putting your retardation on full display?
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy