Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I Don't Believe In

The Hawks - 60 games didn't impress me last year and another 60 wont this year. They don't have a playoff roster.
    Andrew Wiggins - He still cant dribble which will limit his ability to break down defenses. He'll be a multiple time allstar but wont be a Superstar to build around.
    Tweeners - Just bring them off the bench if you wanna start winning (Odom, Kukoc, Harrington, Terry) or you end up with a Antawn Jamison/Paul Millsap career at best. Sorry Arron Gordon & Julius Randle but it's not happening, in 4 years they'll look like Jeff Green and Thaddeus Young.
    Lawson & Harden Combo - If you're not gonna put the ball in Harden's hands as much then you might as well have a defender at point. Not confident in Harden's effectiveness off ball.
    Blake Griffin - Big year for him, but something is missing. Dude better start filling in the weakness in his game (defense) or end up in the Kemp/Amare category.
    Grizzlies management - Still no outside shooting, Seriously? How many years in a row now, 4 or 5 (Yeah I know, had Mike Miller one year then lost him)? One glaring weakness away from being consistent attendees to the WCF.
    Kevin Love - He's not dedicated. I think he'll make some big shots, probably in the playoffs but wont make the sacrifices it takes to win. Also, real quick, when Kelly Olynyk pulled his arm I felt sorry for him. But in the back of your mind when he was running around the court holding it, weren't you thinking "this dude is a bitch", was he crying? Why did he run in circles? For the camera?

Default Re: I Don't Believe In

Blake Griffin was the best post defender in the entire NBA last season.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

The 3-4 tweener has had some success. What else do you call Bron and Bird? Bron started at the 4 for an entire title winning run. Bird was similar.

The 1-2 tweener often has trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    The 3-4 tweener has had some success. What else do you call Bron and Bird? Bron started at the 4 for an entire title winning run. Bird was similar.

The 1-2 tweener often has trouble.
    not to mention melo, guys like josh smith, etc.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    not to mention melo, guys like josh smith, etc.

melo
    success

pick one

Quote Originally Posted by Noyze
    Kevin Love - He's not dedicated. I think he'll make some big shots, probably in the playoffs but wont make the sacrifices it takes to win. Also, real quick, when Kelly Olynyk pulled his arm I felt sorry for him. But in the back of your mind when he was running around the court holding it, weren't you thinking "this dude is a bitch", was he crying? Why did he run in circles? For the camera?
    That not true at all. Kevin love gave his entire life to get to where he is today. Doing finger push-ups everyday. Going to the weight everyday since middle school. I have seen this guy since I was a kid he is a workaholic. Practicing rebounding for 4 hours straight in Highschool. Getting booed by fans in college and his phone number sent around so that he can hear death threats. How about you get you arm popped out of socket and see what happens. This guy lives and breaths ball and you question his dedication to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    melo
    success

pick one
    :-/

Disagree with the Lawson/Harden, Kevin Love and Wiggins notions. Otherwise I agree entirely.

Grizzlies one cannot be said enough, I don't see how this team plans to win. ZERO shooters.

Draymond green is a tweener

Harden carried too much of the offense for the rockets, they needed another ball handler badly, even just to give harden a bit of rest.

Love completely transformed his body, and went from a guy who shot 2/19 on threes his rookie years, to one of the best shooting bigs in the league. you cant do all that without dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Blake Griffin was the best post defender in the entire NBA last season.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    Draymond green is a tweener

Harden carried too much of the offense for the rockets, they needed another ball handler badly, even just to give harden a bit of rest.

Love completely transformed his body, and went from a guy who shot 2/19 on threes his rookie years, to one of the best shooting bigs in the league. you cant do all that without dedication.
    This. Basically every white dude has tremendous dedication since they dont start off with 7% BF and a 40 inch vert.

High School Varsity 6th Man Dr. Ice's Avatar

"hawks don't have playoff roster"

Stopped reading there. At least put some thought into your hot takes bro.

Decent college freshman

Agree with the Grizz. They need outside shooting in the worst way.

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    This. Basically every white dude has tremendous dedication since they dont start off with 7% BF and a 40 inch vert.
    You have to have a ridiculous amount of dedication just get in the nba.
    No matter your color.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA
    You have to have a ridiculous amount of dedication just get in the nba.
    No matter your color.

Think of cases of players underachieving or not developing close to their cieiling due to poor work ethic. Can you think of a white dude?

Lets be real. Many players just dick around due to their size + athleticism. Top end athleticism mostly belongs to brothas.