Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Pistons aftermath after being eliminated: Is it Rasheed's fault? Will Flip be fired?

That's my prediction, I can't see how you bring a man back to be the coach of the pistons after his team lost the last 3 ECF after reaching the Finals the season before he was the head coach. I mean how many chances can you give a guy to get a team over the hump???

Flip will be fired Sunday or Monday.

Default Re: Will Flip Saunders be fired before Monday??

I think so. Even the Hawks and Cavs managed to win all the home games against the Celtics and extend the series into game 7 while the Pistons were defeated twice at home. No doubt Flip Saunders is the key to Boston's success and he deserves to be fired.

Local High School Star bballnoob's Avatar

I don't think he will be. There have been no off court distractions and it is extremely difficult to make it to the Finals. Detroit's a jumpshooting team, you have to expect more inconsistencies from them especially when Rasheed Wallace is one of your focal points. I think a coaching change at this point would have a minimal effect at best.

His teams just dont have that extra intensity at the end. Good coach, maybe, but something is up.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

I say no.
    But Sheed has to go.

Banned

i think this group has done all it can do together

move rip or sheed for a true big man, you cant get it done as a jumpshooting team

I think he gets fired, but there is no reason to fire him over the weekend unless there are coaches out there Detroit might want, and could go elsewhere.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vert48
    I think he gets fired, but there is no reason to fire him over the weekend unless there are coaches out there Detroit might want, and could go elsewhere.

Why Wait?

benching maxiell when he was playing like a monster.....

I'm not a big Flip fan but I don't see how it was really his fault this year or last. Had good rotations and adjustments. In the end Sheed and Tay just didn't show up.

Default I blame Detroit's loss solely on Rasheed Wallace.

tonight watching the game, Rasheed Wallace did not play with a sense of urgency and was very apathetic whilst in the game.

Rasheed Wallace who is a solid post up threat shot the ball from the 3 point arc 6 times! and made none of them. whoever told him he could shoot the 3 was obviously lieing to him.

as soon as he went to the bench the Pistons had taken the lead with Mcdyess and Maxiell as there front court, and flip Saunders went and put sheed back in and what does he do? he loses the game for them, he gets in early foul trouble, backchats the refs and was just straight out lazy.

i expect rasheed to be traded at the end of the year, he is pretty much worthless without a strict coach.

They got beat by a better team over coming the refs also..why blame the coach?

Quote Originally Posted by SportsAnalyzer
    Why Wait?
    Have you ever run a company? You never fire an exec unless you know what the next move is. Who is currently not coaching a team that would be better than Flip? Are there coaches that would leave their jobs to go to Detroit? Until Detroit knows who they want to replace Flip, there is no reason to fire him.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Default Re: I blame Detroit's loss solely on Rasheed Wallace.

I agree....as much as i like him......he played horrible all series.....he needs to take the blame 100% instead of cussing out at officials....

huge disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
    They got beat by a better team over coming the refs also..why blame the coach?
    Go away. You ***** about the refs even when the Celtics win. When the Lakers beat you will ya even come back here again? Will you wait till the fall? Will you create another user name?