Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Eric Gordon still wants out of New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Karma. That's what happens when you mess with fate, Mr. Stern. New Orleans is going to fall into mediocrity (oh wait, they're already there) and eventually have to relocate.
    lol

Karma for what? Saying no to a shitty trade that would have put the Hornets 5 years behind where they are now

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    lol at you and Eric Gordon, Hornets don't need to do jack shit other than match.
    If they don't want a player bitching and moaning all season long they might want to do something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    How can you hate what he's doing?

Here's the situation:

The Suns offered him a max contract and told him he would be a cornerstone for their franchise blah blah blah. He really took to liking Phoenix and his brother or whatever is going to college nearby blah blah blha.

Aside from drafting a shooting guard in the draft, the Hornets have done nothing related to Eric Gordon and haven't talked with him.

He clearly likes the pitch Phoenix gave him and likes the direction the franchise is going in.
    Actually, he's been in NOLA quite alot this offseason. He was at most of the Hornets draft workouts (actually praised Rivers), was at Saints practice for like 3 straight days, been to a couple of concerts, who knows what else. GM Dell Demps clearly said that EG is going to be our leader immediately after the draft and Monty Williams said we are going to try Rivers out at pg.

Once EG officially signs the offer, the Hornets are going to match. I hope EG see's that he is making a mistake, but if he is reluctant because he is afraid of a rookie who has not played one minute in the league yet, then we want nothing to do with him, but I don't want anything from PHX aside from Marshall or Gortat. First match, then S&T to Indy, but if he warms up to playing in NOLA, then i'll welcome him as if nothing ever happened. At the end of the day, onnce he see's the $$$, he won't really care.

AND to the Butt-Hurt Lakers fans

Quote Originally Posted by dzav323
    I don't think Laker fans are all that butt-hurt anymore.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

“I don’t know what New Orleans’ plans are for me. There are no negotiations right now.”
    Doesn't matter if he's been in NO a lot if they don't have plans and the Suns do.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I don't think Laker fans are all that butt-hurt anymore.

So 38yr old Nash+Kobe > 27yr old CP3+Kobe????

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 33teeth
    He's afraid of Rivers taking over his spot in a year or two?

Seriously though, I HATE when players act like this. NO should keep him if they want him or do a S&T if there's a solid offer out there. If they keep him and he pouts and doesn't play well then his value will drop, hurting him as much as anyone.

If players want the right to choose their teams then they should sign 1 year contracts. You want a long term contract, deal with the downsides of it too.

I dont think eric gordons bein a brat about but i think ese just wanna go somewhere low key an do his work. I remember hearin he wasnt real hot on los angeles either cuz he likes slower places like indiana or phoenix. New orleans aint really his type of city, and its a pretty big thing in ur life decidin where u gonna make ur home n career. I kno thems the breaks n thats the bizness but i dont blame him for tryin go where he really wanna b

NBA lottery pick

So 38yr old Nash+Kobe > 27yr old CP3+Kobe????
    With gasol.yes

Banned

The next Brandon Roy has spoken.

Magic Johnson

lol

Karma for what? Saying no to a shitty trade that would have put the Hornets 5 years behind where they are now
    I'm not saying they didn't get a better deal or whatever but the way he blocked that trade just screamed AGENDA.

Banned

Actually, he's been in NOLA quite alot this offseason. He was at most of the Hornets draft workouts (actually praised Rivers), was at Saints practice for like 3 straight days, been to a couple of concerts, who knows what else. GM Dell Demps clearly said that EG is going to be our leader immediately after the draft and Monty Williams said we are going to try Rivers out at pg.

Once EG officially signs the offer, the Hornets are going to match. I hope EG see's that he is making a mistake, but if he is reluctant because he is afraid of a rookie who has not played one minute in the league yet, then we want nothing to do with him, but I don't want anything from PHX aside from Marshall or Gortat. First match, then S&T to Indy, but if he warms up to playing in NOLA, then i'll welcome him as if nothing ever happened. At the end of the day, onnce he see's the $$$, he won't really care.

Im sure gordon aint afraid of austin rivers like hes gonna take his minutes or somethin but the kids a notorius ballhog why would u wanna play on the wing wit a dude like that when ur alrdy a scorer. seem like a real stupid pick by new orleans, still cant figur that 1 out

lol

true, had they taken that first trade, they would have had a much better record, and not gotten the brow

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by martycrane
    I dont think eric gordons bein a brat about but i think ese just wanna go somewhere low key an do his work. I remember hearin he wasnt real hot on los angeles either cuz he likes slower places like indiana or phoenix. New orleans aint really his type of city, and its a pretty big thing in ur life decidin where u gonna make ur home n career. I kno thems the breaks n thats the bizness but i dont blame him for tryin go where he really wanna b
    First, I can hardly understand what you're trying to say. Try English next time.

Second, if he wants to choose "his type of city" which is "a pretty big thing" in his life then he shouldn't have ever signed the contract he signed. His rights are held by NO because of the contract he signed. "Thems the breaks and thats the bizness." As others have said, he can sign the qualifying offer, play a year in NO (if he's capable of playing a year) and then be an UFA. You know, man up and honor your commitments?

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    With gasol.yes
    The same Gasol all you bandwagoners have been wanting to trade for 3 months now. Sorry but contrary to popular belief among "Laker fans", Gasol's trade value has decreased tremendously. You guys were suggesting trades like Gasol for Howard or K. Love . Now he is right back to Elite status now that you guys have Nash.

You guys could've found a decent replacement (ie David West or trade) if Gasol had indeed been included in the CP3 trade, but this is irrelevant.

Gordon has no leverage Hornets should match and hold him out a year and trade him for max value.