Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Why Ray Allen Should Consider Staying with Boston

Quote Originally Posted by MisterAmazing

Ray just needs to ask himself, "What would Jesus (Shuttlesworth) do?"
    He'd play Lebron 1 on 1 to decide if he goes to Miami. If he wins, Lebron needs to GTFO and quit bothering him.
    Last edited by BallsOut; 07-04-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Plus I think ray deserves a role like the heat can offer. Instead of running like an idiot all game and not getting enough shots like the c's do to him
    Personally, I think Ray deserves more than to spend the last years of his career being 1.) Castigated publicly when the Heat don't play well in the guise of "Lebron's supporting cast sucks, amnesty this guy Pat" or 2.) Ignored when they do win in the guise of "how great is Lebron, he has no help out there and he does it alone, *slurpslurp*". I think he can do better than that...really, that's all he's gonna get in Miami no matter how many rings they might win.

I balance that against the assurance that this will really be Ray's choice. If he wants to be that guy, and play no more of a role than "help Lebron win titles and get zero credit for it" than he completely deserves his fate. He deserves to sit the bench for Wade should that be his inclination.

I think he still has a role and a home in that Celtics locker room, but its all on him now. I'm not gonna hate the guy one way or the other.

I rule the local playground Jax's Avatar

THEY SCARED NOW!

Banned

I've said it before, but Ray would essentially finish his career out as a glorified Eddie House in Miami. Spot up shooter with little to no value outside of that. People who claim he'd get decent minutes are fooling themselves. 15 minutes is a best case scenario.

If Ray signs with Miami, so be it... enjoy your time and thanks for the memories. However, I tend to believe the guy values hard work and enjoys remaining an integral part of whatever team he belongs to.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Milwaukee bucks say hi
    the stupidity of the OP exposed in just 2 responses

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Personally, I think Ray deserves more than to spend the last years of his career being 1.) Castigated publicly when the Heat don't play well in the guise of "Lebron's supporting cast sucks, amnesty this guy Pat" or 2.) Ignored when they do win in the guise of "how great is Lebron, he has no help out there and he does it alone, *slurpslurp*". I think he can do better than that...really, that's all he's gonna get in Miami no matter how many rings they might win.
    This is how I feel as well. He won't get his fare share of glory in Miami. In Boston, he'll earn every bit of it, albeit a bit harder, but at least it'll be earned through that hard work and not given.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    I've said it before, but Ray would essentially finish his career out as a glorified Eddie House in Miami. Spot up shooter with little to no value outside of that. People who claim he'd get decent minutes are fooling themselves. 15 minutes is a best case scenario.

If Ray signs with Miami, so be it... enjoy your time and thanks for the memories. However, I tend to believe the guy values hard work and enjoys remaining an integral part of whatever team he belongs to.
    Eddie House is good example. He was known for being a great 3pt shooter in Boston, then after signing with Miami and not doing as well got crucified as the scapegoat, thrown under the bus when Miami lost, and as a result is now on the verge of being ousted from the league.

I want to believe Ray Allen is different though.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

I don't think the C's should worry too much about resigning him. If he demands more than a 2 year contract they should just let him walk, especially if they're gonna sign Terry. We already have enough aging Vets signed to long term deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
    I don't think the C's should worry too much about resigning him. If he demands more than a 2 year contract they should just let him walk, especially if they're gonna sign Terry. We already have enough aging Vets signed to long term deals.
    Only problem is the FA market this year is super weak. If they don't sign Ray, who else they gonna sign in his place?

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkmwise
    Only problem is the FA market this year is super weak. If they don't sign Ray, who else they gonna sign in his place?
    Terry and Bradley at SG is enough. If Ray's gonna ask for a 3 year deal we should just let him walk and save cap space.

Ray should go to Heat

pros
    - Chance to win
    - He play less minutes, so his old body won't suffer as much
    - He'll get a hell of a lot of open shots

cons
    -He'll be hated by more people than ever
    (Will he take less money?)

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease nbaballllller's Avatar

lets face it, allen isnt exactly first option in boston either.

he is clearly 4th in the pecking order.

kg, rondo, pierce, allen

in miami it will be the same

bron, wade, bosh, allen

I see allen finishing games in miami and depending on his health getting good minutes.

rio, wade, allen, bron, battier rotation for 1thru 4. miami has the ability to be very versatile

It is now official that Boston signed Terry. I would love to see Terry and Ray both coming off of the Bench with Terry running the point.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Derka

I balance that against the assurance that this will really be Ray's choice. If he wants to be that guy, and play no more of a role than "help Lebron win titles and get zero credit for it" than he completely deserves his fate. He deserves to sit the bench for Wade should that be his inclination.

I think he still has a role and a home in that Celtics locker room, but its all on him now. I'm not gonna hate the guy one way or the other.
    I agree. As a Laker fan, I have no love loss for the Celtics. But regardless, Ray was more than just a role player in Boston. If he does go play in Miami, exactly what you said is going to happen. He's going to become nothing more than a glorified role player in "king james court."