Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So, this was basically what Wilt was like in the 50s and 60s right?

Default Re: So, this was basically what Wilt was like in the 50s and 60s right?

No, this kid is Indian, so he was Wilt with a higher Bball IQ.

I've been saying for years we've needed more Indians in the NBA.

expect that the indian dude can't jump and is playing in some remote indian league against 5'10 fellow tribesmen...yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho
    No, this kid is Indian, so he was Wilt with a higher Bball IQ.
    True. Should also be state Wilt also lacked shooting touch, where as that Indian kid shot from beyond 3 point arc. Also, check out the Indian kid's footwork @ 0:25 mark. Pretty sure Wilt didn't use any post moves/footwork. Just lumbered down court and dunked which at that time was good enough to stun his level of competition and score 100 points etc:

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Geez! I wonder if he hit his growth spurt yet

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Average Wilt opponent

On a more serious note, what the heck is going on with the latest onslaught of garbage Youtube channels that supposedly show Wilt highlights which are actually only pics and stills of him?
    Of course, it's not that I can't figure these "videos" out, it's that they make the overall search more time consuming - for example, searching Wilt videos by order of recency, you get 3+ full pages full of crap just for the last 24 hours. And we're talking about multiple uploaders. Isn't there a way to put these idiotic "channels" into some kind of ignore mode?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I've been saying for years we've needed more Indians in the NBA.
    Same.

I want one of my fellow country men to get some shine in the league too.

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    On a more serious note, what the heck is going on with the latest onslaught of garbage Youtube channels that supposedly show Wilt highlights which are actually only pics and stills of him?
    Of course, it's not that I can't figure these "videos" out, it's that they make the overall search more time consuming - for example, searching Wilt videos by order of recency, you get 3+ full pages full of crap just for the last 24 hours. And we're talking about multiple uploaders. Isn't there a way to put these idiotic "channels" into some kind of ignore mode?
    Keep reporting them as spam channels

I predict jlauber/lazarus takes this to heart and treats us with another one of his essays about how competition back then was as good as ever, including calculations on the mean height + weight of Wilt's competitors compared to this Indian kid's ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Same.

I want one of my fellow country men to get some shine in the league too.
    if most us brown ppl werent so damn short, we'd have a chance. i wish i was a foot taller, so i could have had a chance (very small chance obviously). not much going on when you're 5'8-5'9

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    if most us brown ppl werent so damn short, we'd have a chance. i wish i was a foot taller, so i could have had a chance (very small chance obviously). not much going on when you're 5'8-5'9
    Lack of athleticism is a problem as well.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Lack of athleticism is a problem as well.
    Yeah, sucks for us =( I think the problem is not that there aren't tall Indians, but rather than the tall Indians are very uncoordinated. Unless you are 6'10+ being tall is useless at the professional level if there isn't some level of coordination and athleticism.

Genetics. Blah.

Banned

Brown brothers do not fret, IQ > Athleticism.