Default Current Carmelo Anthony vs Prime Antoine Walker in today's NBA

It'd be tough but I think Antoine Walker with today's softer rules would be the better player. Walker was a better playmaker and in his priming he was a very pure scorer too. Antoine Walker in todays NBA would avg 24/8/6 on 45/38/70 no doubt

Default Re: Current Carmelo Anthony vs Prime Antoine Walker in today's NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Kool Boy
    It'd be tough but I think Antoine Walker with today's softer rules would be the better player. Walker was a better playmaker and in his priming he was a very pure scorer too. Antoine Walker in todays NBA would avg 24/8/6 on 45/38/70 no doubt
    So in his best season he averaged 23 PPG on 41% from the field but now all of a sudden he'd average 45% on the same volume? Okay

Very good NBA starter

Toine would love the 3 point shot even more and abandon his post game. That's one of the problems those celtics teams had in 2001, Toine had a solid post game but refused to use it.

Just a poor man's Tyreke Evans

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Melo is a much better shooter than 'Toine was from just about anywhere on the floor. Also Walker had bad knees that killed any kind of jumping ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Toine would love the 3 point shot even more and abandon his post game. That's one of the problems those celtics teams had in 2001, Toine had a solid post game but refused to use it.
    He had skills but short arms and no lift. That's why Kenyon Martin shut him down. Even if he tried to post more he was never going to be an efficient scorer.

comparing walkter to carmelo
    walker shooting 45% from the field