NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Bulls better than last year ?

I was listening to a pod telecast with Jeff vangundy , and he stated that Milwaukee losing their shooting guard will affect the team making and going forward in the playoffs.
    However he stated that even though , Wade, buitler, and Rondo need to share the ball , the Bulls will make the playoffs and could give other teams trouble.

Do you think the Bulls if Wade stays health , are better than last years team

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Default Re: Bulls better than last year ?

I mean I would hope so if they just added Wade and "the best point guard he's ever played with"

The Holy Trinity

I'll take the over.

From reading Bulls' fans comments, it seems that the locker room culture with Rose and Noah had become dysfunctional, along with Rose and Butler's power struggle for control of the team. Add to that a passive coach, and it's a recipe for the lottery.

Enter Wade, who has already earned his money by reversing the team culture, empowering Hoiberg to coach and basically acting as a de facto assistant coach himself.

And Rondo looks legit-- like NBA point guards, beware, legit. He knows he's on his last chance in the league, and I think he's gonna make good on it.

And Taj Gibson has been looking like a beast. Plus, there are a lot of nice, young players on this roster. They just need leadership.

To me, Butler has looked like the worst of the "three alphas" so far, although it's only preseason. He's very good at drawing fouls, and he's good off the ball, but I haven't seen a whole lot else that has impressed me.

What do you say, Bulls, Jimmy for DeMarcus Cousins? Give Wade one year of Michael Jordan fantasy camp and then add a max player next year and try to win the whole damn thing?
    Last edited by jrong; 10-15-2016 at 12:24 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    I'll take the over.

From reading Bulls' fans comments, it seems that the locker room culture with Rose and Noah had become dysfunctional, along with Rose and Butler's power struggle for control of the team. Add to that a passive coach, and it's a recipe for the lottery.

Enter Wade, who has already earned his money by reversing the team culture, empowering Hoiberg to coach and basically acting as a de facto assistant coach himself.

And Rondo looks legit-- like NBA point guards, beware, legit. He knows he's on his last chance in the league, and I think he's gonna make good on it.

And Taj Gibson has been looking like a beast. Plus, there are a lot of nice, young players on this roster. They just need leadership.

To me, Butler has looked like the worst of the "three alphas" so far, although it's only preseason. He's very good at drawing fouls, and he's good off the ball, but I haven't seen a whole lot else that has impressed me.

What do you say, Bulls, Jimmy for DeMarcus Cousins? Give Wade one year of Michael Jordan fantasy camp and then add a max player next year and try to win the whole damn thing?
    I don't know about Rondo , he's not a Celtic player he was , but he has experience now, transcended from Mav's , Kings and now playing with other players , instead of me first. That experience could lead to Gibson, Butler having big years , and getting out of a pinch giving the ball to D-Wade.
    I think they will be better , but I only saw one pre season game.

Actually those fans don't know what they're talking about.

Derrick Rose as it turns out had nothing to do with it. Wasn't even beef between him and Jimmy.

The war in the locker room was between Noah and Butler. I'm so glad personally that Noah is gone. But yes passive coach compounded the issue, along with injuries. If Butler didn't get injured, or Rose, we would've easily been in the playoffs. We still went 42-40 even with all the dysfunction.

True. No locker room politics fighting for alpha control of the team as we saw with Noah and emerging Butler. Even on the down side of his career, Wade is easily de facto alpha out there.

Agreed. But I can't lie, so was Derrick, and they both would be playing a one n done season with opportunity to re-up given performance. Still wish we kept him, rape case distraction excluded.