Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man Dr. Ice's Avatar

Default WojBomb! Adrian Wojnarowski NBA reporting methods: How Woj uses sources, breaks news

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...ets-his-scoops

Alot of interesting info in there, for example we now see that wojo is undeniably a lebron hater and that the pistons were even more dysfunctional than we previously thought.

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Adrian Wojnarowski's reporting methods gets blasted in 3,000 word article

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ice
    http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...ets-his-scoops

Alot of interesting info in there, for example we now see that wojo is undeniably a lebron hater and that the pistons were even more dysfunctional than we previously thought.
    Nice post DRIce. Tell me youre paypal account to suscribe me to youre messages.

Default Re: Adrian Wojnarowski's reporting methods gets blasted in 3,000 word article

I'll check it out in its entirety later (though I'm inclined to sign with Woj over any detractors), but do you have a tl;dr version in the meantime?

EDIT: It's also important to draw a distinction between Woj the reporter and Woj the analyst. The former is unmatched in the field, the latter is meh.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I'll check it out in its entirety later (though I'm inclined to sign with Woj over any detractors), but do you have a tl;dr version in the meantime?

EDIT: It's also important to draw a distinction between Woj the reporter and Woj the analyst. The former is unmatched in the field, the latter is meh.

good read.

basically says Woj was writes great things about his sources and nasty things about players or teams he has no sources with.

talks about his relationship with Joe Dumars and how he never wrote anything negative about him or the Pistons and his lack of a relationship w/ Lebron's camp and how he mainly writes negative pieces on lebron.

it details a little feud he has with ESPN.

Good find, OP. Very interesting article.

People can hate all they want, but he still breaks the most (accurate) news more than anyone else.

the main point in the article is that woj himself doesnt make that distinction clear enough

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Other reporters hate that he can write so many opinions mixed with real news and not be held accountable.

Joe Dumars leaked him information for years...the NBA proved it. He gets guys like that on his side...props them up in articles and never writes negatively about them. He trades favors like that for inside information.

He hates espn.

He hates Lebron.

I noticed this as well. Dude rights some downright terrible opinion pieces, but when it comes to breaking news, he's at the top.

Thanks guys.

I guess that begs the question, do his biases affect his reporting, if one only cares about him for breaking news? I haven't read an opinion piece of his for years, just follow him on Twitter.

read it a few hours ago, very interesting. Always though Woj had an insider in the NBA offices and that was why he for example knew about all the NBA drafts before they happen.

Banned

Kevin Draper is one salty son of a bitch. I fully support WoJ bashing ESPN and LeBron along with his attempting to call out their bullshit. Draper's jealousy is beta max.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Thanks guys.

I guess that begs the question, do his biases affect his reporting, if one only cares about him for breaking news? I haven't read an opinion piece of his for years, just follow him on Twitter.
    Apparently some NBA execs have an alert sent to their phone any time he tweets and another GM found out he had signed a guy...not from the guys agent who he was on the phone with...but from his assistants seeing WOJ tweet that they got him.

Woj knew before he had finished talking to the agent that the player was going there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Kevin Draper is one salty son of a bitch. I fully support WoJ bashing ESPN and LeBron along with his attempting to call out their bullshit. Draper's jealousy is beta max.
    Read the article before you call anyone salty. This was a great piece and Woj breaks news the best, but that doesnt dismiss him from writing complete bullshit.

NBA Superstar

I thought it was interesting how they caught the team who was leaking memos. They issued memos that were all generally the same but with certain small details - certain letters or words - altered from team to team. As such, this allowed them to catch Joe Dumars red handed.

Dumars caught a $500,000 fine for that, the third largest in league history.

High School Varsity 6th Man Dr. Ice's Avatar

Uhh who the hell changed the title of my thread...