Basketball Genius

Default Let's Talk About The Hawks....

to our resident 2 ish hawks fans, your team has gotten my attention so i have a few questions for you.

everyone is high on schroder, i know he is an excellent defender and can somewhat finish but what else does he do? is he an sg or a pg? will he eventually take the reigns from teague?

does elton brand start? if so why not? he's an excellent post-defender and he's the missing piece to the hawks's frontcourt issues. he's a solid rim protector and rebounder.

how in the world did your organization brainwash korver into staying? dude said he absolutely loved the team

who scores in the final minutes of the games? is it horford, teague, milsap, or just whoever has the play drawn for them?

how's carroll doing? i know he's mostly out there to stretch the floor but what else does he bring to the table? you guys looking to trade?

hawks next 6 games:

@ cavs
    @ mavs
    vs clippers
    vs bucks
    @ bucks
    vs cavs

which of those games do they win?

thanks in advance

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Let's Talk About The Hawks....

They beat the Bucks x2

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Shredder is an excellent defender, but you're insulting him by saying he can finish only somewhat. He is probably one of the better finishers in the NBA. He is actually a better finisher than Teague. He is definitely a PG.

Elton Brand lacks the stamina to start and if he were to start, that would put Millsap at the 3, which would not fit Bud's system at all.

Korver, at first, disliked coming to Atlanta. However, he came during the transition to the Ferry/Bud era, which is way different then what the Hawk's have been in the last decade. It is a much better organization now.

Teague is usually our player that closes games, if not him, then a play will be drawn up for Korver and if that play breaks, it usually goes to Horford/Millsap.

Lose @ Cavs
    Lose @ Mavs
    Win vs Clippers
    Win vs Bucks
    Win @ Bucks
    Win vs Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    to our resident 2 ish hawks fans, your team has gotten my attention so i have a few questions for you.

everyone is high on schroder, i know he is an excellent defender and can somewhat finish but what else does he do? is he an sg or a pg? will he eventually take the reigns from teague?

does elton brand start? if so why not? he's an excellent post-defender and he's the missing piece to the hawks's frontcourt issues. he's a solid rim protector and rebounder.

how in the world did your organization brainwash korver into staying? dude said he absolutely loved the team

who scores in the final minutes of the games? is it horford, teague, milsap, or just whoever has the play drawn for them?

how's carroll doing? i know he's mostly out there to stretch the floor but what else does he bring to the table? you guys looking to trade?

hawks next 6 games:

@ cavs
    @ mavs
    vs clippers
    vs bucks
    @ bucks
    vs cavs

which of those games do they win?

thanks in advance
    Schroder is definitely a PG and is a great defender as well as a great finisher. Good court vision, but in the past tried to get to fancy often. Worked on that this year.

Brand hasn't had many minutes but played very well tonight vs. the Bulls. I expect to see him more in the next couple games.

Korver loves the system here in Atlanta. Lots of ball movement and lots of 3's. 2 things he excels at. I can't decide if he or Teague are the most important piece to the team.

Teague is generally our closer. He's streaky at times in games but gets the job done at the end of the game for us.

Carroll is a good shooter and elite defender. Also a good rebounder. Just a great hustle guy all around. Doubt we trade him.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Horford is the glue on that team. Went to several games last year without him and the way they played tonight was a night and day difference. Carroll plays solid D, but they really need an upgrade to SF to really be championship ready.

Coach Bud has them primed though. Their work along the baseline with back cuts and touch passes is very impressive. Stars tend to win in the playoffs though, so they are still 1 of those away imo.